What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Beautiful Girl

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Well her first boyfriend will be Exceed and Excel..

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/91629/Black-Caviar-to-Visit-Exceed-and-Excel

Black Caviar to Visit Exceed and Excel..

Tara Madgwick 23/07/2013

The owners of champion mare Black Caviar have at last settled on a suitor for their superstar with Darley's Exceed and Excel given the nod.

Advertised at a fee of $88,000, Exceed and Excel will be crowned Champion Australian Sire for this season following a benchmark 12 months for the son of Danehill that has seen him produce the winners of more than $11.2 million prizemoney.

His best performers this year have been Golden Slipper winner Overreach and dual Group I winner Guelph, who between them won the Sydney Triple Crown for two year-olds.

Interestingly, Exceed and Excel was also chosen as the first partner for Australian Horse of the Year and former sprint queen Miss Andretti, who won many of the same races won by Black Caviar (pictured Steve Hart) and is bred along somewhat similar lines to the unbeaten world champion.

Both mares are by sons of Royal Academy (USA), Black Caviar is by Bel Esprit, while Miss Andretti is by Ihtiram (IRE).

The result of Miss Andretti's first mating to Exceed and Excel is now a three year-old chestnut gelding called Mr Villeneuve, who is yet to race, although does have a stable return with Anthony Freedman listed to train.

Offering sobering food for thought is the fact Miss Andretti has not had a foal since 2009, having missed or slipped in her next four years at stud.

One hopes things go more smoothly for Black Caviar.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I wanted to see her go to So You Think, but they didn't want to go to an unproven sire..

I'm stunned they didn't send her to More Than Ready as Wherrett has got shares in him..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I wanted to see her go to So You Think, but they didn't want to go to an unproven sire..

I'm stunned they didn't send her to More Than Ready as Wherrett has got shares in him..
Pretty sure Wherrett owns a decent chunk of Vinery. The rumour was she was going pierro but mating her to unproven sire is always a risk.

The foal would have to be odds on to crack 5mil.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Pretty sure Wherrett owns a decent chunk of Vinery. The rumour was she was going pierro but mating her to unproven sire is always a risk.

The foal would have to be odds on to crack 5mil.

Yep but they''re going to race all her progeny apparently..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Fastnet looks to be a sire right out of the box..

He sires freaks..no just good horses..

Plus they are all Zoolander-like..

His granddad was the best horse that ever picked a blade of Australian grass..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Didn't see your 2nd reply Horrie lol.

Northern Dancer is the greatest sire of them all, check him out Horrie he even puts Danehill to shame.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Didn't see your 2nd reply Horrie lol.

Northern Dancer is the greatest sire of them all, check him out Horrie he even puts Danehill to shame.

Mate i agree..He was a "once in a life time" racehorse & sire..

What Northern Dancer did at stud in Europe (& worldwide) was extraordinary..More so when you consider he was a dirt horse..& that he was Canadian bred..Sangster had a remarkable eye for a good horse..

But he never stood here..

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mate i agree..He was a "once in a life time" racehorse & sire..

What Northern Dancer did at stud in Europe (& worldwide) was extraordinary..More so when you consider he was a dirt horse..& that he was Canadian bred..Sangster had a remarkable eye for a good horse..

But he never stood here..
We we lucky to get Danehill let alone Northern Dancer.

Latest posts