What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Beautiful Girl

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Flying Spur wasn't bad either. Arrowfield isn't doing too bad.

Pretty sure they bred Flying Spur..He raced in the yellow with black diamonds when he beat Occy in the Slipper..

You are right about Arrowfield punching waaaay above their weight..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pretty sure they bred Flying Spur..He raced in the yellow with black diamonds when he beat Occy in the Slipper..

You are right about Arrowfield punching waaaay above their weight..
Occy was so unlucky, i backed him well dad backed him for me ;-) Danzero was another handy sire for them.

Can't wait to see the so you thinks hit the track :D

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Occy was so unlucky, i backed him well dad backed him for me ;-) Danzero was another handy sire for them.

Can't wait to see the so you thinks hit the track :D

Actually the unluckiest horse in that Slipper was the favourite, Stategic..Drew the carpark, had to go back, was wide all the way, & flew home..

[youtube]FnyZeWmbCNY[/youtube]

It was a vintage Slipper, with Our Maizcay, Ravarda, Zedrich & Principality all going on to stand at stud as well..

Kidmans Cove turned into a good Group 2 sprinter too..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Actually the unluckiest horse in that Slipper was the favourite, Stategic..Drew the carpark, had to go back, was wide all the way, & flew home..

[youtube]FnyZeWmbCNY[/youtube]

It was a vintage Slipper, with Our Maizcay, Ravarda, Zedrich & Principality all going on to stand at stud as well..

Kidmans Cove turned into a good Group 2 sprinter too..
I may have been tad biased my money was on Occy :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Me too..:D

Hope he turns out as good as his old man..

We need to get some stamina back in our bloodlines..
Agree with this, Zabeel is in his twilight years and there are not many staying type sires in Aus bar Street Cry and High Chaparral. Massive void in the market

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Agree with this, Zabeel is in his twilight years and there are not many staying type sires in Aus bar Street Cry and High Chaparral. Massive void in the market

Yep..

Darley are trying, with Medaglia D'oro, & Teofilo in Victoriania..New Approach stood here for a couple of years but he is a rig (only one ball dropped) & is too valuable too travel now..

Sam Hayes & Cornerstone Stud in South Australia have got the Aga Khan's good stallion Dalakhani (Reliable Man's dad) & he won an Arc..

It's amazing that Zabeel will still serve mares this season at 27..& is still producing Gp1 winners..Absolute champion..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Zabeel is my Fav sire of all time, I've won a crap load over the years from his progeny. His record is even better than when you realise he has never shuttled and he has taken on a lot of the best shuttle stallions in the world.

Me and a few mates have bought a share in a Zabeel filly to be trained by Mick Price, she's still not two yet and I don't see her racing till 3. The wait will kill me I think lol.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/sport/superracing/first-picture-champion-so-you-think8217s-first-foal-arrives-early/story-fndpqu3p-1226688007103

First picture: Champion So You Think's first foal arrives early..

by:RAY THOMAS Racing Editor From: The Daily Telegraph July 30, 2013 10:27am

fu8r.jpg

The So You Think colt with his mum, Soft Landing, at Bell View Park Stud on the NSW south coast. Source: DailyTelegraph

SO You Think was used to being first on the racetrack - now he is showing the same sense of timing at stud.

This little colt, pictured with his mother Soft Landing at picturesque Bell View Park Stud on the NSW south coast, is the first foal born to be sired by former champion racehorse So You Think.

The foal is also believed to be the first born anywhere in Australia this coming breeding season.

A commonsense rule change a few years ago ensures that the So You Think colt, and any others born before August 1, will be included in the estimated 16,000-strong foal crop this spring breeding season. The So You Think colt was born at around 4pm last Thursday and is the third foal out of broodmare Soft Landing, herself a daughter of Al Maher and a half-sister to Group 1 winners Universal Prince and Universal Queen."

"The colt is a nice, leggy, dark-coloured foal with plenty of size and quality - a bit like his old man," Bell View Park's Adam Mackrell said.

"His birth weight was 58.5kg, which is a very good size considering he was a couple of weeks early."

Bell View Park Stud, a family-owned boutique broodmare farm, bred the So You Think colt with partner Dr Michael Alexeeff of Foote Street Investments.

Soft Landing also has a yearling filly by So You Think's sire High Chaparral and a weanling colt by More Than Ready.

So You Think, winner of 10 Group 1 races including two Cox Plates (2009-10) and the Prince of Wales's Stakes at Royal Ascot last year, has just completed serving to northern hemisphere time at Coolmore Stud in Ireland and is on a flight bound for Sydney that is due to arrive later today with super sires Fastnet Rock, Excelebration, Choisir and High Chaparral.

Darley's shuttle stallions are also due to arrive in the next day or so, including Exceed And Excel, Sepoy and Helmet from England, while Lonhro, Bernadini and Medgalia D'Oro are coming in from America.

Animal Kingdom, the Dubai World Cup and Kentucky Derby winner, arrived in Sydney last night and was placed in quarantine next to fellow Arrowfield Stud stallion Redoute's Choice, who returned from France on Saturday after serving 103 mares at the Aga Khan's famous Bonneval Stud.

All the shuttle stallions will remain in quarantine at the Eastern Creek facility in western Sydney until mid-August.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The word is that he is stamping his foals..

It's nice to see us trying to breed middle distance horses again..

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Did you see the win of Moonlight Cloud(The mare that almost beat Black Caviar) in France,came home like Bernborough