What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You beauty, finals and the hogs formulae is on song!!

THE HOG

Juniors
Finally the Semis are here and my Formulae enters it’s ideal situation. This weekend can be the weekend, you become a Lucky Punter...

STORM v. SEA EAGLES.

A champion team playing a team of champions. The 2008 Premiers against the 2007 Premiers, what a game to start the semis in '09. The big Manly pack against the flying Storm backline. The game may come down to the two Gay Deceivers, Flinch and Orful, both can be put off their games but both can be match winners and for all the strengths of both sides, these are their two glaring weaknesses, along with the Storm bench. With their bench advantage, I believe that Manly could have rammed it home more if they went with "Bet"Cuthbertson on the bench as well instead of the Wiry Hargreaves. Manly have the game but the Storm have the match winners, that will keep the Sea Eagles on edge all game. In '07 when the Storm kicked Manly's butt, they only got away after B. Stewart was poleaxed and last year the Storm went into battle without their inspirational captain, Cam Smith, so there will be no excuses this time for either side. If the Lyon gets on line the game is a ratings draw, if there is a witch hunt on Blair's tackle the ratings will then favour Manly but not by anything fancy.

Ratings.....Storm by 1. For the margins, have something on the Draw!

TITANS v. BRONCOS.

My head says the Broncos but the ratings favour the Titans, mainly on their terific home track record. By the ratings the Broncos big coltish backs have an enormous advantage over the undermanned Titans three quarters. The white Walker would have been a better option for Cartwright than the out classed Atkins but he seems to be on the outer at Skilled Park. The Titans six up front will have to work overtime to keep the Broncos pack in check and if they fail to do this the Broncos may run wild. With a ratings advantage up front and off the bench the Titans will have to keep the game tight and allow the scheming Black Prince to work his magic close to the line As I have learnt over the last six years trust the ratings!

Ratings.....Titans by 3. For the margins, Titans 1-12.

BULLDOGS v. KNIGHTS.

Even with Noddy off with big ears for the second week in a row, the Bulldogs will be too strong for the Brave Knights and win clearly on Saturday Night at ANZ, you can bank on it. The Knights Holy Grail has been reached (the 8) and the Knights of Nee-castle will stick their sword in the early career of coach Stone. Yes Kimmorley is a big loss for the Doggies but the Dog pack will stand up to the Knights blue collar six and the home ground advantage will see the Bulldogs march into the Preliminary Final, where once again they wil be re-united with their match winning number seven. This will be an Origin like knock 'em down drag 'em out battle up front and the Dogs will need the fortnight off to lick the wounds.

Ratings.....Bulldogs by 10. For the margins, Bulldogs 1-12.

DRAGONS v. EELS.

Without Nathan BoggyBum last weekend the small Eels pack were out muscled with the likes of Todd A. Lowrie melting under the heat. Fui Fui No Moi Moi tried valiantly but was well held by the big Dragons six and he was not given much help in carting the ball forward and even with BoggyBum back and Ecka the Wrecka the result will just about be the same. Robson was shown up against the Dragons without his pack running roughshod over the opposition and the bounce of the ball has started to get away from the Slip Sliding Away Eels. Mortimer tried hard last game but again with no go forward he was well held by the Dragons defence, this is where the Dragons with six running forwards against the two for the Eels will lay the foundation for a comfortable pathway into round three of the semis. Defencively Scott and Cooper are two of the best defensive Centres in the game and this is another area where they will shut the Eels down. The Kogarah advantage just adds to the early demise of the Eels season. If Coach Anderson can conjure up a win for the Eels in this game he would not be out of place teaching the Moondance to the late Mick Jackson or the Heaven Dance or Hell Dance, whichever step he is practising these days!

Ratings.....Dragons by 13. For the margins, Dragons 13+.

Go Hogsters!

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Ratings.....Dragons by 13. For the margins, Dragons 13+.
ET%20computer%20kid%20happy%20surprised2.jpg

rabs

Staff member
Manly 1-12, Gold Coast 1-12, Newcastle 1-12 @ 58.12 sportingbet

The Shark

Juniors
Hi guys,

I agree with most of you. Newcastle are well in this match. they played some good footy last weekend and it seems they are getting more consistent under the new coach. they will well and truly put it against the dogs and i have a good feeling they will win especially with the loss of noddy. only one worry tho not sure if issac de gois is playing for the knights. he is a very influential player and the knights will miss him if he is ruled out. 2.30 for the knights is good money i guess.

earlier this week i was deadset going to put in a 1000 on broncos to beat titans knowing rogers will not play but it looks like he is. so bit worried, if he does play and homeground adv could be too much for the broncos but broncos with thier exp should be able to win. hard one this game but i will go with the broncos as thier forward pack could cause some damage to the titans.
well maybe give both team starts and put in a lot.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Will be a tight game but have had a little on Manly at the ML and with 2.5 start.

Good to see I'm fading the hog :)

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I expected a close match last night but Manly never really got in it.

Despite the public rally behind the Titans I like the Broncos tonight. They just have too much class in the backline and I don't think the Titans can dominate in the forwards which they will need to if they were to get across the line.

BRONCOS -4

Rovelli

Bench
Too close to call really.

Titans 11/12 of home this season
Broncos won 5 in a row, but haven't been impressive in the past 2 weeks

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
There has been a move for the Dragons so I will take the -6 whilst it is available.

Bet of the round:
DRAGONS -6

Your ratings are on a winner here Hogster :)