What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Should Be Scared Of The Mighty Raiders!!!

mxlegend99

Referee
A team after being kept to nil can fire up big time. We did it in Round 2 after being kept scoreless by Sharks. I wish we played the Raiders after a win to be honest.

If the Raiders want to win badly enough after a big loss, they could give any team a hard time. And let's not forget the way they smashed the Knights... god knows they can play well when motivated to do so.

Hopefully we play well and hold them out. But i won't expect a big win by either team here. And i think both teams will play very well, Elliot would want to beat his old club, and the Raiders would want to beat Elliots new team. If Raiders are given poor odds against us and a 10.5 start, they would be great value to be on the line. I can't see us winning by more then 10, if we do win.

My prediction is Panthers 32 - Raiders 28.

I think if the raiders can complete 80% of their sets they will be a very good chance of winning with players like Carney and Zillman running around who can pull something from nothing but they never seem to be able to complete sets away from canberra stadium.
the foward clash will be good to watch because canberra's fowards got owned last week against the sharks and they wont want that happening again. I dont think canberra will win because penrith have lost 3 ina row and will be looking to end that and its at cua stadium but anything is possible if the raiders hold onto the f**king ball...

always a raider

Juniors
One thing in the Raiders favour is that Penrith will be strong favourites. Elliot may say his usual "You only have to turn up to win this one boys". Should be a good game either way.

mxlegend99

Referee
The fact it's at CUA won't help us. We've only won like 1 of our last 5 at home.

Neither team should feel like they're guaranteed a win. Both have shown awesome highs, and crappy lows in the 6 rounds played.

Kilkenny

Coach
Seasons on the line in this one. Its a must win.

The way things have gone for us thus far I am not in the least bit confident despite the raiders relatively poor form.

I hope the rain goes away because I will be even less confident in wet conditions.

Canberra Raiders coach Neil Henry has called on his young play-makers to take charge against the Penrith Panthers on Saturday night, but five-eighth Todd Carney might not be available to accept the challenge.

Raiders coach Neil Henry yesterday named a squad of 18 to prepare for Saturday's clash at Penrith, but a third of the team is battling to overcome injury.

Carney and backrower Glen Turner are both in serious doubt, Carney with a torn quadricep and Turner with a strained hamstring.

Centre Phil Graham (neck), prop Scott Logan (neck), utility Andrew Dunemann (knee) and prop Josh Miller (ribs) must also prove their fitness before the team leaves for Sydney on Friday.

Kilkenny

Coach
god1 said:
Canberra Raiders coach Neil Henry has called on his young play-makers to take charge against the Penrith Panthers on Saturday night, but five-eighth Todd Carney might not be available to accept the challenge.

Raiders coach Neil Henry yesterday named a squad of 18 to prepare for Saturday's clash at Penrith, but a third of the team is battling to overcome injury.

Carney and backrower Glen Turner are both in serious doubt, Carney with a torn quadricep and Turner with a strained hamstring.

Centre Phil Graham (neck), prop Scott Logan (neck), utility Andrew Dunemann (knee) and prop Josh Miller (ribs) must also prove their fitness before the team leaves for Sydney on Friday.

It would be hard to see Carney playing if his injury is genuine as a torn quad is not something you can recover from in one week.

Big Mick

Referee
takes a good three weeks to recover from that...having experienced it myself...it took me 4-5 weeks. because i aggrivated it again after two weeks.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not an injury I have personal experience with but having played alongside those who have there is no way he could play this week if the injury is a TORN quad.

I am sceptical about the seriousness of the injury as he is named in the side. Under normal circumstances as Big Mick points out this is at least a fortnight if not more on the sidelines.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I think Carney is desperate to play to impress Country selectors so he'll once again go through hell to prove his fitness. He ruptured a ligament in his ankle the other week and hasn't missed much except for the final 10 minutes with the game well beyond doubt.

panthersballboy

Juniors
As long as they have the IV drip waiting for him at halftime in the sheds, he'll play.

But seriously if he is out what would Trindall just be promoted? Or would there be a bit of a shuffle with Wallace to half, Lewis to 5/8 and O'Hallaran to the centers maybe???

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Panthers are dangerous everywhere around the park and i cant see the raiders getting close here as they dont know how to put pressure on

PRKLCD

Juniors
Raiding Dazz said:
Panthers are dangerous everywhere around the park and i cant see the raiders getting close here as they dont know how to put pressure on

Yeah good call - Panthers outplayed the Raiders with all that pressure. How did priddis like his knuckle sambo?

Latest posts