What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Should Be Scared Of The Mighty Raiders!!!

Kilkenny

Coach
Not a great performance I'm afraid.

Confidence is really down and it keeps on getting worse.

We no longer dominate in the forwards and have no impact of the bench.

Hard to see us turning it around the way we are playing.

Panthers_God

Juniors
22 errors

that more about an error every 4 minutes

very very very very poor effort

very dissapointed by the boys

griffo346

First Grade
thats a very disopointing game to watch :( i am coming to see my team play for the first time this yr against the roosters and im not sure if its a good choice

always a raider

Juniors
In all seriousness guys, Elliot is a great bloke and will say all the right things and be everyone's mate, but he can't coach for sh*te. You guys got a dud.

Big Mick

Referee
guys...seriously...the effort wasn't even there last night. They just didn't care....

It would have to be most pathetic performance i've seen in a long time.

Season was practically on the line last night and they didn't turn up...

I like Clinton and Puletua coming out and saying "we just didn't turn up"...apart from Frank Puletua...noone has freakin turned up for 4 weeks...Big T one of the biggest culprits of that.

We've now won only 1 game from 6 at home....thats just pathetic and unacceptable.

mightypanther

Juniors

We certainly suck big time at the moment that's for sure.

Another horrible thought...........next week if we lose to the dragons (which is probably a 90% chance) and the goosters win.......then we will be officially bottom of the ladder.

Do you think that thought might ignite a fire up the players arses for next week ?

I doubt it very much.

Me thinks we have a good chance of another bloody spoon the way they're going.

Depressing ain't it ???

The Teach

Juniors
One would hope that watching the fans streaming out the gates 10 mins before full time might fire up the players next week, although the arrogance they showed at times last night tells me it won't. As BM said, they didn't care last night and even Matt Elliott said in the press conference that they didnt try hard enough! And BM said it best when he said that T was one of the biggest culprits, and IMO has not been the same player for 3 years now. He just seems to not put in the effort of 2003 anymore.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I got the impression not so much from what Elliot said in the post match conference but rather the tone of it that his getting pretty fed up too and we might see a few changes. Personally with firman still not available this week I'd like to see

1. Wesser
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Daniella
5. Rooney
6. Lewis (If we play him as a runner at 5/8 rather than a ball player he'd go great I think.)
7. Gower
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. F Puletuea
11. Cross (For mine his good as a worker leave him on until the game settles on and then use pritchard for impact.)
12. Puletuea (for god's sake fire up)
13. Smith

14. Pritchard
15. Moors
16. Ation
17. Grant (It's time for him to get a go because we stuggle for meters up the middle when F puletuea goes off)

Panthers_God

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
I got the impression not so much from what Elliot said in the post match conference but rather the tone of it that his getting pretty fed up too and we might see a few changes. Personally with firman still not available this week I'd like to see

1. Wesser
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Daniella
5. Rooney
6. Lewis (If we play him as a runner at 5/8 rather than a ball player he'd go great I think.)
7. Gower
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. F Puletuea
11. Cross (For mine his good as a worker leave him on until the game settles on and then use pritchard for impact.)
12. Puletuea (for god's sake fire up)
13. Smith

14. Pritchard
15. Moors
16. Ation
17. Grant (It's time for him to get a go because we stuggle for meters up the middle when F puletuea goes off)

Watching yesterday game I thought Cross was lazy. He's always slow to get up from the play the ball and missed a couple of easy tackles in defence. I think he's lacking soem confidence at this stage.

But he wasn't the only one mind you.

Our forward pack in general is very slow at getting up in the play the ball. I think its a combination of the size of our pack and just laziness.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Grant get a run.

Big Mick

Referee
Personally i'd like to see:

1. Wesser, 2. Daniella, 3. Jennings, 4. Lewis, 5. Rooney, 6. Gordon, 7. Gower, 8. Clinton, 9. Aiton, 10. F.Puletua, 11. Pritchard, 12. Moors, 13. Priddis
14. Grant, 15. T.Puletua, 16. Smith, 17. Peters, 18. Norrie, 19. Cross

choc_soldier

Coach
Gordon at five-eighth? Hmmm... interesting.

I can't see Wallace being dropped unless his form dips slightly and correlates with Firman being in good form in PL.

choc_soldier

Coach
But I agree with Priddis at lock - I've noticed that he hits the advantage line like a forward these days anyway, and would only be a slight positional change on the field and in the scrum. He could still do his trademark scoots from dummy half.

Bob

Juniors
I would go with

1. Wesser
2. Daniela
3. Jennings
4. Gordon
5. Rooney
6. Lewis
7. Gower
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10. F.Puletua
11. Pritchard
12. O'Halloran
13. Bateman
14. T.Puletua
15. Grant
16. Smith
17. Peters

I would keep Daniela and Jennings on the same side as they had a good combo going in Jersey Flegg, Tony Puletua on the bench as an interchange front rower as I don't think he is playing well enough as a strike second rower, Bateman in as a lock forward as he is a former 5/8 as alternate kicker as Lewis can't kick for sh*t but I like Lewis at 5/8.

Big Mick

Referee
Moors hasn't done anything wrong to be dropped for one.

I don't mind the idea of Gordon at five-eight. From all reports he has a great general kicking game, and i'd like to see him with his hands on the ball a little more. With his speed of the mark and ability to break tackles, I can only see it as an advantage.

PEPPSY

Juniors
Were playing like a bunch of PANSIES!
Pull yourselves together Penrith!
Look at our team and look at our performances. PATHETIC!

mxlegend99

Referee
Actually, we are under performing, not past it.

We've put in great performances this year, and shown what we're capable of. Our problems are things that should be so easy to fix, but that we seem to be getting even sloppier with.

22 errors, surely we could keep it to less then 10 errors in a game. It's first grade for christ sake, that there would probably be enough to win games, or atleast be in them the entire 80 minutes.

Then there are penalties... we always seem to be on the wrong end of them. I think we are unfairly penalised most of the time, but surely we can fix up the penalty counts a bit. Set a goal not to give away more then 5 in a game. 11 in just too much. 22 errors and 11 penalties, i don't think any team could win with that going against ys.

Lack of urgency, we will defend so well, then just seem to lack any sort of urgency at certain points which leads to conceding extremely soft tries, or giving away lots of easy metres. We also don't seem to chase our kicks most of the time, our opposition are never under pressure.

Rooney has been excellent this year, after 2 average years. Keeping his spot, is the reason why. I think Gower, Priddis, T. Puletua, are all taking their spots for granted. And i think Cross and Norrie just aren't good enough to keep theirs. Give it to someone who will put in 110% to get and keep the spot.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Cross and Norrie should both spend a lot more time in PL. They have both had a couple of games in first grade and both times they have been woefull.

Wesser is trying things but what is with all the kicking Rhys? Kicking on the 2nd for it to go touch in goal. He is in everything but I want to see more quality and less quantity from Rhys. He needs to choose better times to inject himself.

Gower and Wallace are not gelling very well. They seem to confuse each other. I would give this combo a little more time, but if Firman starts going alright in PL then he has to be given a chance.

I agree Frank Puletua, Rooney and to a lesser extent Gordon have been our best players. But when only 3 out of your 17 are playing anywhere near their best then it looks like another year of mediocrity for the panthers.

P.S. Someone put glue on Clinton's hands.