What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Tube

j5o6hn

Juniors

j5o6hn

Juniors
Hi will be adding the Joondalup game from 20/06/09 tomorrow Pics and vid on the Grandstand net,and my You Tube

Nuke

Staff member
Of all the Joondalup games you have to upload, it HAS to be the first one we've lost in 2009 ..!

j5o6hn

Juniors
I refuse to that question on the grounds I may incriminate myself,followed the Bulldogs since 1965 when I played for them as Vic Park,yes I will also post bulldogz losses

j5o6hn

Juniors
Hi all back again The Bulldogz lost to South Perth 30-24 will put vids, shaky as some are tonight I hope if not tomorrow,new ref,interesting rule interpretations.
Weather was not bad just windy

j5o6hn

Juniors
Vids going up from Bulldogz Vs Sharks game rather an odd game that one anyway on u tube

j5o6hn

Juniors
Hi Again Vids from Bulldogz Vs Fremantle game on You tube and pics and some vids on the Grandstand net site,interesting match that wish I had a better camera or not so shaky,addy in frist and second or third posts

j5o6hn

Juniors
hi Bulldogz Vs Willagee on You Tube and The Grandstand Net now for those who are interested

j5o6hn

Juniors
Hi 8/8/09 Bulldogz vs North Beach dogs won 38 24 or close to that on you tube and grandstand net tomorrow or Monday for those who are interested

j5o6hn

Juniors
15/08/09 at a rather windswept Admiralty Park,game in two halves Joondalup won the first Bulldogz got with 6 at the finish,pics and vids up on the usual places,what happened to the Arena ????.

Nuke

Staff member
Nothing. We use Admiral for most games. We had the choice to use the Arena, but decided to go with Admiral. The Arena costs more to use than Admiral does, plus we get the bar sales money and sausage sizzle money (as opposed to gate entry and sausage sizzle money from the Arena - which is less than Admiral's income). It was a financial decision to go with Admiral.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Are your Club going to sink money into Admiral and get a club house up and see about enclosing the ground,no programs there on Saturday either

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nothing. We use Admiral for most games. We had the choice to use the Arena, but decided to go with Admiral. The Arena costs more to use than Admiral does, plus we get the bar sales money and sausage sizzle money (as opposed to gate entry and sausage sizzle money from the Arena - which is less than Admiral's income). It was a financial decision to go with Admiral.

Shame, I really enjoyed the Arena when I watched the game with the Reds this season. Understandable froma $'s view.

Nuke

Staff member
Hmm, yes, well ...!
That has been about 7 years in the making now, and still nothing has been built. Basically, either the Joondalup Council or the Arena Joondalup (I forget which it was) agreed to our proposal all those years ago, but said we cannot have it to ourselves and we must go into a 4-way partnership so it becomes a community venue. The 4 sporting clubs involved are us (Joondalup RL), Joondalup RU, Joondalup Little Athletics, and Joondalup Netball. All the netball wanted was upgraded lights for their courts, and they've had them for a couple of years now. Little Athletics basically (from memory) just wanted a place to store all their gear. Joondalup RU, however, will not agree with any of our plans, ideas, ect. We want 2 fields side-by-side so we can hold junior days. They want one field only. For the clubrooms themselves, we want a decent sized changerooms, decent sized storage area, a medical room, ect. They want a bigger function room. That would be fine except the whole building is only allowed to be 'X' size and no more. To get their function room, this would mean tiny changerooms, minimal storage room, ect. Our major sponsor, NorthWest ShedMasters, put in a tender (is that the right terminology?) which was by far the cheapest for the Association, but that got poo-pooed by you know who. The plans have been re-designed so many times by a few different people (as I understand it), and now it strangely closely resembles the initial plan by NWSM, but is tens of thousands of dollars overbudget.

Basically, it's a sh*t situation and we've begun doing up Admiral. The changeroom block has been extended to include an undercover area which on game days means don't have to set up tents for the bar, sausage sizzle/canteen, weather protection. It also allows to have (again, on game days only) a storage area for all the gear we don't need on that day. As anyone who's been to Admiral on game day knows, all that unused gear on game day sits around the back of the sheds on the ground and looks unsightly. Everything still gets packed away into the changerooms once the days is over, but it's so much better now.
There will be more improvements to the ground in the coming years. Apparently it has to be done in stages.

As for the programmes, yes we know there wasn't any. We were disappointed by that too. We were told they were at North Beach ready to be picked up, so someone (I think it was our very own Joondalup_Giant in fact) went down there, but they had none either. I have since been told the guy who usually collects them from the WARL (someone from North Beach) was away on a juniors state trip, hence they weren't at North Beach. That's the only one I haven't got from 2009 so far! No matter.

Latest posts