What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You'll float too

Funny a couple of my friends who are chicks watched this over the weekend and said the exact same thing. Also said in general it was really lame movie and left half way through! and they weren't the only ones.

To be fair I don't really take much notice of their opinion, but after reading what you have said maybe they weren't completely off the mark.
Rotten tomatoes likes it and they hate everything

I hate skyrim and fallout

elyod138

Bench
Rotten Tomatoes isn't an independent site with its own opinion, I've seen people talk about it like that a few times on here. It's an aggregator of all verified critic reviews across the internet, just like metacritic. It shows the percentage based on how many reviewers liked it and how many didn't.

I haven't seen It yet but comparisons to Stand by Me mean they're on the right track with it, the book is more like Stand by Me than a traditional horror movie. It's supposed to be a coming of age story.

Last edited:
Maybe i like my horror movies that doesn't have lame toilet jokes aimed at 15 year old boys.
I bought into the mateship of the characters who were teens/pre-teens but i love all things It,i remember being a little trackhead like Richie

I do agree that the rating of horror is almost false, i loved the ending fix and the fear of demise surrounding the ending, the jumpscares were massively telegraphed

At least it doesn't have a shitty giant spider or pre teen gangbang

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just saw It. Really enjoyed it and can't wait for chapter 2, will be interesting to see the cast after the success of this one, financially and critically. Felt more like a thriller than a horror, got the pulse rate up for sure.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Watched it yesterday

It was good. But I felt a bit underwhelmed. I think I pumped myself up too much for it. Probably because it was one of the best trailers I've ever seen.

I've never read the book. But the 1990 movie terrified me as a kid. They were a few key things different, so gonna go buy the book today.

I think those saying 'it wasn't that scary' are missing the point of the movie. As others have pointed out, it's a horror version of Stand By Me, about individual fears.

I think where I felt underwhelmed is I'd have like to see them go more in depth with each character. The girl was the only one I felt real sympathy for, as she got the most attention. But the movie was already 2 & a half hours long, so they just wouldn't have time for that.

And Richie stole the show IMO.

Watched it yesterday

It was good. But I felt a bit underwhelmed. I think I pumped myself up too much for it. Probably because it was one of the best trailers I've ever seen.

I've never read the book. But the 1990 movie terrified me as a kid. They were a few key things different, so gonna go buy the book today.

I think those saying 'it wasn't that scary' are missing the point of the movie. As others have pointed out, it's a horror version of Stand By Me, about individual fears.

I think where I felt underwhelmed is I'd have like to see them go more in depth with each character. The girl was the only one I felt real sympathy for, as she got the most attention. But the movie was already 2 & a half hours long, so they just wouldn't have time for that.

The book is one of his best, no one writes kids as well as King. Its a huge book that goes deep into the characters.

Watched it yesterday

Great book, creepy as f**k imo

elyod138

Bench
Finally saw it on the weekend.

Though it would have suited TV better so they could have fleshed out the characters more, they did a good job pruning it into a movie. The sequel is setup perfectly.

My main gripe is how they diminished Mike's role, he was one of the most important characters in the book and they stole the meat of his character and gave it to Ben.

I hope they shot a lot of extra footage they can use for flashbacks in the sequel.

I highly recommend the book for those who loved the movie, it fleshes out the character development so much more. The plot isn't the most important part of the book, it's the characters, so seeing the movie first doesn't really spoil it. Just don't expect an amazing ending, the movie does a better job IMO.

Overall, I loved it, they adapted the book about as good as you can adapt it into movie length.

Yeah Mike's role in the story was pretty threadbare but so was Stan to be honest

From what I've read so far on chapter 2 hasn't left me with high hopes for Mr Hanlon either, i was hoping he'd become a boxer or mma fighter to go with his muscle role in chapter one with Ben being the lighthouse

Generalzod

Immortal
Watched it yesterday

My daughter saw it she is still having nightmares, my son loved it he got home and told me you know dad they all float....Indeed they do son....

Latest posts