What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 2010 Wests Tigers Team

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Lazarus
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Daniella
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Cayless
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton

14. Flanagan
15. Moors
16. Gibbs
17. Payten

I doubt Taumata and Tupou will get a run straight away.

I also fear that Mitch Brown will be fullback.

westie

Bench
Manu Vatuvei in his early days was a lot better than Tupou.

Also, I think Brett Morris is the best winger in the NRL.

Wasn't Tuiaki equal leading try-scorer at the end of the regular season despite being injured and on the end of an inferior team. On form wouldn't he be by far the best winger if you take into account the quality of trys?

I'm of the opinion that if your winger is big and quick, with a bit of training, he'll be unstoppable. I reckon if his knee comes good he'll be a very good thing for us.

westie

Bench
1. Lazarus
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Daniella
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Cayless
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton

14. Flanagan
15. Moors
16. Gibbs
17. Payten

I doubt Taumata and Tupou will get a run straight away.

I also fear that Mitch Brown will be fullback.

You'd actually plan Daniella? The same guy who the week after signing was embarrassed by Josh Davis to the point where even the FG squad were questioning his signing?

mcfly

Juniors
Moltzen
Tuqiri
Ayshford
Lawrence
Ryan
Marshall
Lui
Gibbs
Farah
Galloway
Ellis
Tuiaki
J Shirnack

Taumata
Payten/Heighno
Cayless
A Fifita/Dwyer

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You'd actually plan Daniella? The same guy who the week after signing was embarrassed by Josh Davis to the point where even the FG squad were questioning his signing?
No I wouldn't, but given the bunch of geniuss we have available for the other wing spot, it's like picking the lesser mong.

Ryan had a full season to prove his worth, and he proved he is without doubt sh*thouse.

The only other option for that wing would be Fitzhenry *shudders*

Fordy20

Juniors
1. Lazarus
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tupou
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Cayless
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Flanagan

14. Gibbs
15. Payten
16. Dwyer
17. Fulton

I reckon Lazarus deserves first crack at the fullback's position, he waited all last year. Gazza over Ryan and the other backs for the wing position. Flanagan starts so he can take over goal kicking. Moltzen to continue his good combination with Marshall in the halves and to stay well away from fullback at all times. Dwyer to cover the centres and the second row from the bench.

However, this is what we're likely to see from Super coach.

1. Moltzen
2. Tuiaki
3. Lawrence
4. Ayshford
5. Ryan
6. Marshall
7. Lui
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Fulton

14. Fitzy
15. Cayless
16. Payten
17. Shirnack

alien

Referee
Also, I think Brett Morris is the best winger in the NRL.

Well he is definately one of the best. TNT and Izzy (if he isn't playing centre) would be close too. If Lawrence was left on the wing he would be up there aswell. And Hayne if he isn't playing fullback.

alien

Referee
Wasn't Tuiaki equal leading try-scorer at the end of the regular season despite being injured and on the end of an inferior team?

I think Morris got past him in the end for most tries but Tuiaki was beating him before he got injured. Tuiaki was the best winger in the NRL last year IMO.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
YOUNG GUNS RECEIVE HIGH PRAISE
By Wayne Cousins
Friday, 22 January 2010
Four of the biggest names at Wests Tigers have chosen their players to watch in the countdown to the NRL season kick-off.
Hooker and captain Robbie Farah, Kiwi Test captain Benji Marshall, England second-rower Gareth Ellis, and former Kiwi Test prop Jason Cayless were asked to nominate which players had impressed them in pre-season training.
Only Farah and Cayless chose the same player in half-back Robert Lui.
Marshall nominated full-back/half-back Tim Moltzen and centre Blake Ayshford while Ellis chose rising lock Matt Hyland.
Lui, Moltzen, Ayshford and Hyland are products of the Wests Tigers U20s team which further highlights the pathway to the NRL through the Toyota Cup competition.
Back in training after representing Australia on the Four Nations tournament, Farah predicted a big year for Lui, who broke into the first grade team in round 23 last year.
“Rob has the skill and the speed. It would have been hard for him to come into the team at half-back for those three games with Benji and I there,’’ Farah said.
“He is feeling more comfortable now, is starting to talk more, and is taking the line on at training. Rob is just one of those kids who you can see has the talent to be anything in the game. He can be super for us this year.”
A former premiership winning prop with the Sydney Roosters, Cayless encouraged Lui to talk more.
“Robert Lui is a talented young kid who is strong, very quick and has a good head on him. He has been training pretty hard so it could be a big year for him,’’ Cayless said.
“Being a half-back, you have got to be able to tell blokes what to do. For shy guys like Robert, it does come with age. I was quiet shy when I first started playing but I didn’t have to tell people what to do.
“When you are a shy person, your voice comes as you get more seniority but being a half-back, you can’t afford to do that. Rob has got to do it now.
“It is not as though Rob is going to have to call all of the plays with Benji and Robbie Farah there but he still needs to find his voice.”
Two of the success stories for the Wests Tigers in the NRL last season was the emergence of Moltzen and Ayshford. Marshall feels there is no reason why both can’t step up to another level in 2010.
“Moltz has been killing it. He has come leaps and bounds on last year. He killed it last year but just to see his progress from when I went away for the Four Nations to coming back for the start of this pre-season, is incredible.
“I mean just his attitude and the attitude he shows out on the field, I think he is in for a big year. I have said it before but I feel Moltz is a future Origin and rep player.
“Blake got to play 15 games last year after coming into the team as a bit of an unknown where as now, he has sort of taken on a role as a leader.
“He has been training the house down in the gym. Out on the field, he has been training harder than I have seen him train and he is looking better than he has ever looked. He is also talking more.
“If there are two players who I think are up for a big year, it is those two.”
Ellis, the world’s best second-rower, has paid Hyland a huge compliment. Hyland is enjoying his first pre-season summer in the full-time squad. The 19-year-old can still play in the U20s this season.
“He sort of reminds me of myself when I was his age, just a hard working player. He is probably a little bit ahead of me where I was at 19’’ Ellis said.
“Matt has got a big future ahead of him. He has the skills and is the type of bloke you can tell everyone wants to play alongside.
“He would never let anyone down. Hopefully I will get my chance of playing alongside him.
“Matt has the same work ethic as Chris Heighington - that never say die attitude who keeps turning up for the team.
“When I watched the U20s last year, Matt was the one who stood out for me. His attitude impressed me. Attitude goes along way when you are his age.”
Ellis said he was impressed by Hyland’s high work rate in defence in which he averaged more than 40 tackles a game last year.
“Matt has a good engine and that is one of the big things you need when you want to play NRL,’’ Ellis said.
“He needs to keep working hard in the gym. My advice to him would be to carry on the way he is, keep his head down, and work really hard, and don’t fall to any outside temptations.
“Matt can’t let that get ahead of him because he could have a good 10 to 15 year career in the NRL. If he gets his chance in first grade this season, I am sure he will take it with both hands.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=21956&young-guns-receive-high-praise
…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Recognition of some potential up and comers for 2010. Lui would have to improve 100% on his performances last year when given the opportunity late in the year. But I would agree Moltzen & Ayshford have proved their worth. Hyland could press for a spot if Fulton does not impress.

Alfie

Juniors
1. Moltzen
2. Brown
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Marshall
7. Lui
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Galloway