What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your 2010 Wests Tigers Team

7.Robert Lui (No idea why people are doubting this kid. I`ve seen him do some freakish things in the lower grades and I have no doubt he`ll transform that ability into first grade this season. My only concern is his suspect defence, but we were all saying the same about Chris Lawrence a few seasons ago, now Lawrence is one of the best defensive centres in the game. Good young players make these necessary improvements and I have no doubt that Lui will as well)
*** In saying this, he`d have to be in sensational form to hold his position if Tuquiri or my preference Mullaney take over as the fullback at some stage, meaning Moltzen would be gunning for the halfback spot.

:crazy:
I was an interested neutral party reading this thread, and it was all intelligent until I read this tiny section here. Everything else you said was good and could be held with a certain level of reverence. But there is no way whatsoever Lawrence is even in the top 10 defensive centres in the game atm.
:sarcasm::lol:

Vicious

Bench
I was an interested neutral party reading this thread, and it was all intelligent until I read this tiny section here. Everything else you said was good and could be held with a certain level of reverence. But there is no way whatsoever Lawrence is even in the top 10 defensive centres in the game atm.

Last season Lawrence hardly missed a tackle, not an important one on one tackle anyway. On top of that he now also hits hard and really rattles the attacking player given a chance. Couldn`t of said this before last season, but he`s turned it all around imo.

Vic Mackey

Referee

you obviously didnt watch him last year.

please name me 10 better defensive centers in the nrl last year

On the top of my head:

1. Cooper
2. Hodges
3. Inglis
4. J Morris
5. Mannering
6. Monaghan
7. Lyon
8. Scott

Sorry I'm short a couple. Delaney/Pomeroy are decent too. Anyway, Lawrence is clearly short of "one of the best defensive centres"

westie

Bench
I'd say most of the "best defensive centres" in the league are lesser rated blokes from clubs like the Sharks etc.

Lawrie is getting better, a lot better, and is a good all around player... but I wouldn't rate him up there with the solid players just yet.

P.s - no more late night beer posting for you marto.

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Cooper - agree
2. Hodges - agree
3. Inglis - debateable
4. J Morris - CRAP he got found out many times last year
5. Mannering - plays second row now
6. Monaghan - CRAP he is a terrible defensive center, borders on diabolical
7. Lyon - probably even with lawrence, maybe slightly behind. plays mostly 5/8 now anyway. watch the manly game at the sfs where they matched up against each other. lawrence clearly won the battle by KO that night
8. Scott - agree, however will play second row this year

watatank

Coach
Lawrence is a much improved defender and one of the better ones going around in the competition. It's a credit to him because he used to be woeful. Not sure I'd say he's one of the best though...

Just wondering is Mark Flanaghan a chance of playing off the bench this year (or anywhere else)?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Lawrence is a much improved defender and one of the better ones going around in the competition. It's a credit to him because he used to be woeful. Not sure I'd say he's one of the best though...

Just wondering is Mark Flanaghan a chance of playing off the bench this year (or anywhere else)?

I'd suggest Flanagan is a good bet to come off the bench after a few games in State Cup to get his feet in the NRL. Very versatile.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
I'd suggest Flanagan is a good bet to come off the bench after a few games in State Cup to get his feet in the NRL. Very versatile.

Both Flanagan and Moors will more than likely play an important part of the season, especially early on with a few injuries floating around.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Based solely on last years defensive effort, there's no other centre I would have taken over Lawrence. Towards the end of the season he was even coming infield to chop players down who had broken the defensive line. Watch the Manly game to see what Im talking about.

Borat.

Juniors
Based solely on last years defensive effort, there's no other centre I would have taken over Lawrence. Towards the end of the season he was even coming infield to chop players down who had broken the defensive line. Watch the Manly game to see what Im talking about.

Gotta agree with that- he is as good as anyone in defence. Really stepped it up last year, hopefully he has an injury free season ,the kid is destined to play for Australia.

Borat.

Juniors
On the top of my head:

1. Cooper
2. Hodges
3. Inglis
4. J Morris
5. Mannering
6. Monaghan
7. Lyon
8. Scott

Sorry I'm short a couple. Delaney/Pomeroy are decent too. Anyway, Lawrence is clearly short of "one of the best defensive centres"

LMAO- Delaney and pomeroy better than lawrence........GOLD

He is as good as any in the game. Period And much better all round centre than cooper- Lawrence can actually play a part in attack.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
LMAO- Delaney and pomeroy better than lawrence........GOLD

He is as good as any in the game. Period And much better all round centre than cooper- Lawrence can actually play a part in attack.

I just watched the Tuiaki highlights video on youtube....it should be renamed to the Chris Lawrence try-assist highlights vid :lol: