What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Best All Time 5 Fullbacks

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Ok, being that we've been discussing fullbacks of late, thought l'd start a thread on the best all time 5 fullbacks in your lifetime watching league.

Now you may of notice l've said 'Best' .......... not 'Favourite' cause to me, one of my favourites would be Lord Ted but if l'm genuine, there have been better long term fullbacks then he.

Some may disagree and that is what these forums are all about ............ Over to you!

1 - Grahame Langlands
2 - Graham Eadie
3 - Garry Jack
4 - Billy Slater
5 - Darren Lockyer

Coffs dragon

Bench
1. Langlands
2. Slater
3. Lockyer
4. Eadie
5. Ted Goodwin
I never saw Churchill, but obviously he is an immortal & great.....so probably should be at 2. Chang will always be the number 1 and greatest ever Dragon in my humble opinion.

Drakon

Juniors
Of the Fullbacks that I have seen play and playing as a Fullback and in order:-
1) Graeme Langlands
2) Billy Slater
3) Anthony Minichiello
4) Darius Boyd
5) Darren Lockyer

Honourable mention to Eadie, Simms, Belcher, Stewart, Goodwin, Inglis.

Some good footballers there.

BennyV

Referee
But seriously, getting into the footy in the last 20 years or so, I'd probably only class 3 players as worthy of being thrown into a list like this:

1. Lockyer
2. Slater
3. Hayne

At their best, these guys leave every other fullback of the NRL era for dead. If I had to go 4 and 5 it would be:

4. Minichello
5. Peachey

Latest posts