What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Best All Time 5 Fullbacks

denis preston

First Grade
It's really great to see that most on here consider Changa to be top of the list. Used to love watching him play.

Because he was such a good centre as well it used to go against him.This would give the selectors an excuse to put a Queenslander in at fullback or winger to fill the quota.When he lost a bit of dash he stayed at FB for good.

Nobody had a sidestep like him ( perhaps Brian Bevan , they say ) To give it credence remember Freddy Fitler's sidestep and add another 50% for Changa's.

Drakon

Juniors
Because he was such a good centre as well it used to go against him.This would give the selectors an excuse to put a Queenslander in at fullback or winger to fill the quota.When he lost a bit of dash he stayed at FB for good.

Nobody had a sidestep like him ( perhaps Brian Bevan , they say ) To give it credence remember Freddy Fitler's sidestep and add another 50% for Changa's.
I always admired Dennis Preston too. Great back up fullback.

possm

Coach

I was around at the time he played his best football for the Dragons. I remember his step so well; actually I remember Changa's step better than I remember Fitler's step.

saintzrule

Juniors

Changa stepped left or right equally, the defender didn't know. Thin air got tackled a lot.

Drakon

Juniors
I was around at the time he played his best football for the Dragons. I remember his step so well; actually I remember Changa's step better than I remember Fitler's step.
Yep, I remember Chang's step better than Fittler's. I remember a day at Kogarah Jubilee when he just stepped player after player up the middle. It was an honour to have watched him play.

Gareth67

First Grade
It's really great to see that most on here consider Changa to be top of the list. Used to love watching him play.

Always gave me that winning feeling as he ran onto the old SCG in the Test matches , such a wonderful player and that step of his , had to be seen to be believed .

Changa
Churchill
Barnes
Lockyer
Eddie

And I also agree with Johno McJohnn , a very special mention to the great Kevin 'Lummy' Longbottom , he and Keith Barnes were the best long range goal kickers that I have seen .
And the kicking duels that used too be part of the game , were tremendous to watch .

Last edited: