What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your best Panther player so far.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
With the bye this week it might be a good time to reflect on the season so far. So who is your best Panther Player?

For mine it's Jamie Soward. With so many death riding him to fail this season I think he has performed well. Apart from the trys he has setup and scored, his control of a game with his kicking is spot on. When we need a steady influence he is there to put it deep in enermy territory or into touch. The way he tortured poor Hunt ( parramatta fullback) was pure skill. High balls, short chips, grubbers so they move him to the wing and Soward bombs him and Mansour scores.

Others with honourable mention Segs, Mansour and Yeo.

gUt

Coach
Segeyaro has been immense for youse this season imo, a bit strange you're buying another (potentially very good) hooker.

Doomednow

Bench
Sega is great but gives up a lot of penalties. Whare is an obvious pick but I really like what I've seen from Peachey. Of all our players I'm currently most excited about him.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Segeyaro has been immense for youse this season imo, a bit strange you're buying another (potentially very good) hooker.

Yeah, I don't get that. I assume we are losing Moseley, so need a back up hooker next year with no Kingston, but that still doesn't explain why Korosiau would want to leave Souths, where he is stuck behind Luke, to be potentially stuck behind Segeyaro. Unless Cleary is looking to move on Segeyaro early, and Korosiau has been told this?

Strange one.

Last edited:

MrAnonymous

Bench
Segeyaro
Peachy
Mansour
Soward
Wallace
Whare
Moylan
Latimore

They have all had their moments this year.

maple_69

Bench
Latimore has been our most consistent forward.
Segeyaro has been electric and probably our best for the last month. He is the main reason IMO that we have won 5 straight.
Peachey has been great but didn't set the world alight in the first 8 weeks.
I don't think Whare has been that good. He can be better.
Soward has been very good. Kicking game has been exceptional. He has run the ball and his passing game!e has been good.
My pick is Moylan. Very safe. He has linked our back line plays very well. I don't think we'd look nearly as good in attack without him. Also made some decent plays on defence.
Also hard not to mention Mansour. Christ his work rate is exceptional.

The Teach

Juniors
As everyone has said, it's hard to pick just one. Soward, Lats, Chicko have all been really good, and Mansour has really lifted his game to another level this year. I would like to throw Elijah Taylor into the mix too. Hasn't played a bad game when fit, and does a lot of the unnoticed things like a good lock should. He really is becoming the unsung hero of our team in that he doesn't get a lot of credit, and appears very professional in his approach to the game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeo. Can't argue with a 100% win rate.

Honestly find it hard to pick a best. Soward and Wallace have both done exactly what they were signed for, Mansour has been a beast and scored a bunch of tries, Whare has been quality and consistent, Segeyaro has proven himself worthy of being a starter, Taylor has gotten through a mountain of work and Peachey has finally shown what he can offer in first grade for us. That's the top tier for me, but there's one barely below them that has been great aswell.

I think at the end of the day, it's our halves that have been the biggest contributing factor to us being where we are on the ladder and winning games we typically would have lost. Soward probably a tad moreso then Wallace, but I think they're just good at bringing out the best in each other.

flash

Juniors
I'll go Plummy. The thing I like is just he rarely has a bad game, in fact I cant remember him ever making a major error or missed tackle.

I just checked the stats and although he has the most hitups per game, he has the least amount of errors, and least amount of missed tackles of any of our forwards.

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah but Soward goes quiet often. Whare never plays a bad game but agree those 2 have been our best

Agreed.

Only reason I say those two is because the games where Soward has been great he has passed Whare...but Whare has just been consistently good all year. Since he joined us & switched to centre...he hasn't played a bad game for us.

One thing that has been encouraging is that the difference between the floor and ceiling in Soward's performances have been far narrower than Walsh's which caused us to lose a lot of games last year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agreed.

Only reason I say those two is because the games where Soward has been great he has passed Whare...but Whare has just been consistently good all year. Since he joined us & switched to centre...he hasn't played a bad game for us.

One thing that has been encouraging is that the difference between the floor and ceiling in Soward's performances have been far narrower than Walsh's which caused us to lose a lot of games last year.

No doubt everyone playing at their best. Whare would be 6th or 7th (Moylan, Soward, Segeyaro, Peachey, Idris all infront of him). If you are giving scores out of 10 across the season. Whare would get 7's pretty much every game. Wheras others go from 4-8 or 9.

Yeah for sure... Still need more of a running game from a half though can't be all Seg

betcats

Referee
Moylan and Taylor for mine with some special mentions to Soward, Seggy and Whare..

Edit: Mansour also deserves a mention.

Last edited: