What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your best Panther player so far.

franklin2323

Immortal
Difference is Wallace has a go every game and Walsh.......

Yeah but atleast Walsh had a kick for try assists. Wallace is one of the few halves that runs it less then Walsh did. Though Wallace is far better in defence and not much between his bad and good games

mxlegend99

Referee
Wallace ran the ball 4 times against the Dragons alone. That's a seasons worth of runs for Luke Walsh. Throw in the 8 runs against the Titans the week before and he has ran the ball more times in the last fortnight then Walsh did his entire career with us.

franklin2323

Immortal
Wallace ran the ball 4 times against the Dragons alone. That's a seasons worth of runs for Luke Walsh. Throw in the 8 runs against the Titans the week before and he has ran the ball more times in the last fortnight then Walsh did his entire career with us.

:lol::lol: pretty sad when that is an improvement.

I had to laugh in the paper yesterday a story on Hodkinson needing to run in Origin more. Lowest metres by a half for NSW...Wallace atleast his no worse for us

betcats

Referee
Thing with Walsh and Wallace is Walsh had the tools to have a great runnng game, he was quick off the mark, good footwork etc but he just didnt ever develop it and then he would try run at the worst times, like he was clueless when to go.

Wallace doesnt run much but you dont want him running to much imo because he doesnt really have the tools to have a great running game, he is not that quick or illusive or overly strong. I dont want him to run less the he does atm that is for sure but I am happy for him to focus on organising and kicking which I think has been off a bit from him in recent weeks.

maple_69

Bench
Hard to split Segeyaro, Moylan and Soward at this stage. For the first time in many years, we look like we have a plan in the attacking 20.
Peachey, Latimore and Mansour would be my runners up.

We would have made the 8 last year with Seg playing 80mins at hooker and a actual forward for Kingston......oh well at least the good times are here now

soc123_au

Staff member
So hard to pick. Moylan I suppose, based mainly on him exceeding expectations. We knew he was good, but since CvC he has gone up a level. Mansour, Soward, Whare, Seg, Taylor etc etc have already shown what they are capable of. Lewis Brown has gone to the next level in the last few weeks as well. Enthusiastic as f**k without the errors and penalties.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
We would have made the 8 last year with Seg playing 80mins at hooker and a actual forward for Kingston......oh well at least the good times are here now

There was an article in the SMH a few days ago about Segeyaro, and it talked about how a lot of work went in during preseason making him an 80 minute hooker. There was a quote by Cleary along the lined of how Segeyaro was ready to start but Kingston was there and doing a great job, and it took the injury for any change to be made.

Cleary and I obviously have different definitions of a great job. I'm not one to wish injury on players I don't rate, but here is one instance where it definitely improved the team despite the coach's opinion.

Doomednow

Bench
Kingston was likely getting selected because he was doing alright for an older bloke, was a top dude, had the coach's and other players' respect, and for sentimental reasons (likely his last season). That can be a powerful combination when deciding on a team, I'd reckon. There's no doubt Segs replacing him has improved the team.

My favourite... It's a split between Segs and Moylan. Soward and Peachey not far behind. Nearly everyone has been pretty good though. These are just my faves.

Blues Riff

Bench
For a team of no-names, we've sure got a lot of high quality players.
Segs is probably the X factor. Sowie the most important.

typicalfan

Coach
I hate to say it because it is borderline criminal but the best Panthers player from an outsider is Mansauce.

Rarely would I give it to a winger but your pack need him. How did you guys go while he was injured?

soc123_au

Staff member
Mansour is a beast. Neutral fans are only noticing this year it seems, but he has been delivering in meters pretty much from day one. He topped the NRL for tackle breaks in his debut season despite playing only 12 or 13 games for the season.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I feel with the club's depth the team can continue to confound the critics so long as the 3 best players Moylan, Soward and Segs are fit and firing.

typicalfan

Coach
Mansour is a beast. Neutral fans are only noticing this year it seems, but he has been delivering in meters pretty much from day one. He topped the NRL for tackle breaks in his debut season despite playing only 12 or 13 games for the season.

Not so much as the fact two of your bigger forwards Grant and Masoe are not in the picture although Grant is still around. Puts more emphasis on what Mansour does imo.

maple_69

Bench
Not so much as the fact two of your bigger forwards Grant and Masoe are not in the picture although Grant is still around. Puts more emphasis on what Mansour does imo.

Yeah last year our pack was suprisingly dominant. Mansour helped with this but Plum, Mose and Mckendry got the attention. Now our pack isn't delivering so you notice Mansour putting them to shame constantly. I'd agree for a winger, he's incredibly important to this side.

soc123_au

Staff member

True enough. He was certainly missed for the few weeks he was injured.