What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favourite international cricket ground is....?

For reasons whatever... what is your favourite international cricket ground?

Prompted by watching Sri Lanka playing South Africa at the moment in Galle.. My team toured Sri Lanka a few months ago and we got the absolute honour of playing at Galle International Stadium. Stunning ground with the Fort at the southern end, and the sounds of horns ablaze in traffic from the north... it was an absolute surreal experience. It's now my favourite and always will be.

If you've played at, attended at, or simply watched a game on telly at a ground - keen to hear your favourite and why?

Btw I'm an absolute cricket tragic.. No story too long or too short IMO..

King hit

Coach
I went to a one day international at the WACA against India back in 2016 and loved the ground. You had a very good view of the game from any point of the ground and it was comfortable to be at with the Fremantle doctor cooling everyone off in the afternoon. I sat in the Inverarity stand but sat on the hill during the innings break which is unique these days. There was a really interesting museum about the history of the WACA and cricket in Western Australia, there was even a wall dedicated to Rugby League!. Australia won the game as well on the back of a great partnership between Smith and Bailey after India’s refusal to use the DSR bit them in the arse. The only downside to that day was having to sit through Scott Bolands 10 horrible overs, can’t believe that spud got to play for Australia and almost played a test.

The only other place I’ve seen major cricket is at the Gabba. I really enjoy the cricket there but being in Brisbane I see the Gabba all the time so I don’t find it that memorable to go to.

Timbo

Staff member
Having seen a thousand games at the SCG, I’m partial. But I had a brilliant afternoon sitting in the Radcliffe Road Stand at Trent Bridge a few years back. Lots of fun.

Das Gupta

Juniors
I don't mind the aesthetics of Newlands.

If your a kiwi nothing beats the noise, energy and passion of Eden Gardens.