What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your ideal 2012 Dragons team

MattYg1

Bench
1.nightingale
2.Morris
3.C.Stanley
4.Coops
5.Vidot
6.K.Stanley
7.J Soward
8.Merrin
9.Rein
10.Weyman
11.Scott
12.Creagh
13. Marketto

14.King
15.Prior
16.DeBelin
17.Latimore

64 Dragon

Coach
1.nightingale
2.Morris
3.C.Stanley
4.Coops
5.Vidot
6.K.Stanley
7.J Soward
8.Merrin
9.Rein
10.Weyman
11.Scott
12.Creagh
13. Marketto

14.King
15.Prior
16.DeBelin
17.Latimore

That, in my opinion, and obviously yours, Mattyg, is the strongest team we can field. My absolute apologies to club legend Benny Hornby, but he should step down and let others take control.

He won't off course, because of who he is. He is probably doing his utmost best to get us out of this hole.

TheRev

First Grade
Not sure that this will be the most popular post. Much of what I put forward has been said before

IMO the following changes would improve performance for reasons I state but I?m by no means sure.

Ben Hornby need to steps down or at least serve out a utility role from the bench and that?s really only to maintain his dignity and reward his long tenure. That said the club and coaches have put their faith in him and he's had a wonderful career. I?d put Soward to half and a running 5/8 alongside him. I?m not convinced that this should be Kyle Stanley buy who knows. Luke Lewis would be interesting in ?13 but may offer better service as a back rower
BMoz needs to move back to being outside Coops and a creative ball-playing fullback needs to replace him. Coops is a great defender and strong in attack but only the threat of a winger with the skills, strength and pace of BMoz outside him gives Coops enough room to move by putting the opposition in two minds. Coops inability to pass the ball is surpassed only by Shaun Timmins.
Cummins, Beale or even Goodwin would be likely replacements for Moz at fullback
Trial Vidot in the centres in NSW cup to test his defence and ball skills or move him to the bench as an impact back rower
Nightingale back to right wing; Keep working with Chase in the centres as he does show some promise but be prepared to look at other options if he does not show improvement in his defensive reads
Replace Fien with King as backup hooker and trial him at 2nd receiver either side of the ruck to test his ability outside Soward.
Can?t wait until Tyson Frizell joins the squad because some of Price?s coaching of late makes me think we won?t win another comp until ?ell frizzes over (sorry)

Yerp, these are all the changes that need to happen (only one id change might be Flo to fullback and whoever can go right wing), and also its a big shift for Kyle to step into #6, but honestly we have nothing to lose, lets do it now, not waste half of 2013 too. King has to be there somewhere, in the halves or as a hooker.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Not sure that this will be the most popular post. Much of what I put forward has been said before

IMO the following changes would improve performance for reasons I state but I?m by no means sure.

Ben Hornby need to steps down or at least serve out a utility role from the bench and that?s really only to maintain his dignity and reward his long tenure. That said the club and coaches have put their faith in him and he's had a wonderful career. I?d put Soward to half and a running 5/8 alongside him. I?m not convinced that this should be Kyle Stanley buy who knows. Luke Lewis would be interesting in ?13 but may offer better service as a back rower
BMoz needs to move back to being outside Coops and a creative ball-playing fullback needs to replace him. Coops is a great defender and strong in attack but only the threat of a winger with the skills, strength and pace of BMoz outside him gives Coops enough room to move by putting the opposition in two minds. Coops inability to pass the ball is surpassed only by Shaun Timmins.
Cummins, Beale or even Goodwin would be likely replacements for Moz at fullback
Trial Vidot in the centres in NSW cup to test his defence and ball skills or move him to the bench as an impact back rower
Nightingale back to right wing; Keep working with Chase in the centres as he does show some promise but be prepared to look at other options if he does not show improvement in his defensive reads
Replace Fien with King as backup hooker and trial him at 2nd receiver either side of the ruck to test his ability outside Soward.
Can?t wait until Tyson Frizell joins the squad because some of Price?s coaching of late makes me think we won?t win another comp until ?ell frizzes over (sorry)

I like it all.

I am certain that Beale will play fullback next year. He has a lovely pass and runs a great hole. He will be good next year.