What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your "if I won lotto, I'd do.........."

Lambretta

First Grade
No, buying a house or paying off the mortgage rubbish here

What's the once in a lifetime experience you would want to do first if work and money weren't considerations?

Your number 1 bucket list item

For me, it would have to be driving around the four corners of the US starting in California, down to Texas, across to Florida, up the East Coast, across the top and back down the West Coast. A three to four month road trip round the US.

The trip would have to be done in a resto mod - classic shape car with modern engine, air con, stereo etc. But with those classic looks.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd buy myself a Rugby League club.

Put my money where my mouth is and prove that I'm a sharper operator than the Dousts and and Greenbergs of the world..

Incorrect

Coach
Like the OP, I'd love to do a 6-12 month road trip, but I'd be doing Australia. I'd buy one of those kick arse mobile home/Winnebago dealy's with all the mod cons and head due north from Sydney and go wherever and whenever the mood took me.... Don't know if the missus would be up for it. I guess if push came to shove.... I'd really miss her!

My kids are always asking me, "Dad, if you could buy any car you wanted, what would you get?". If I won the Lotto, I'd be paying a visit to the nearest Jaguar dealership... Love jag's

6d80771c252aa7ede879b17e5e0f2a96.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
Also
Does anyone have something like a hobby or interest that they'd like to develop into something meaningful, but could never devote the time around a real job? I'd do that.

For me that's video game development. Without being burnt out by 9-5, I would devote time to that. And learning other stuff, like languages.

Endless travels goes without saying.

Hawkins

Juniors
I'd buy myself a Rugby League club.

Put my money where my mouth is and prove that I'm a sharper operator than the Dousts and and Greenbergs of the world..

I think Newcastle are for sale, maybe they'd let you punch Nathan Brown in the dick.

Lambretta

First Grade
Also
Does anyone have something like a hobby or interest that they'd like to develop into something meaningful, but could never devote the time around a real job? I'd do that.

For me that's video game development. Without being burnt out by 9-5, I would devote time to that. And learning other stuff, like languages.

Endless travels goes without saying.

I have a love of old cars and understanding how they work

If money were no object, I'd buy a old barn outside of Sydney (up Galston way) and fit it with a car pit and hoist. I'd then get my good friend down from the Sunshine Coast and spend my days fixing up old cars with him. He's a first rate mechanic and I could learn a lot.

I'd feel like we were the Australian version of Wheeler Dealers (except I'm English and he's German)

Lambretta

First Grade
My kids are always asking me, "Dad, if you could buy any car you wanted, what would you get?". If I won the Lotto, I'd be paying a visit to the nearest Jaguar dealership... Love jag's

Jags you say? Now this is a Jaaaaaaaaaag

XJS77.jpg

XJ-S 1976. Sure it'd break down every 15 minutes, but look at that hood!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'd do a similar US road trip to Lamb, but I'd do it on two wheels, on a big American cruiser (Harley or Indian)
The other road trip adventure I'd do would be fly to Alaska, buy a decent 4WD wagon and do the entire length of the Americas - Prudhoe Bay right down to Ushaisha (though I'd obviously get the vehicle ferried past the Darien gap)
I'd take up tech diving and go and give some crazy wrecks and caves.
I'd buy a block of land just outside Sydney somewhere (maybe round Stanwell Tops/Helensburgh) and put a big shed on it and buy a stable of motorbikes and a coupe of cars to tinker with.
And for the hobby business I'd open a record store/cafe that also operated as a small bar/live venue at night, probably somewhere in the inner west.
Finally I'd go to Prague and root my way through a bevvy of hot Eastern European hookers.

AJB1102

First Grade
Money is no consideration and people are choosing to drive around for months on end, probably staying in shitty roadside accommodation in the middle of f**king nowhere? Travel for sure, but luxury accommodation and destinations reached by private jet, helicopter, super yacht and when on the road some other merkin driving.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Some brown paper bags for sharks players, except Dugan, still cannot believe we signed that dickhead.

Then an around the world trip, excluding any country or US state that has the death penalty...barbarians mofos.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Money is no consideration and people are choosing to drive around for months on end, probably staying in shitty roadside accommodation in the middle of f**king nowhere? Travel for sure, but luxury accommodation and destinations reached by private jet, helicopter, super yacht and when on the road some other merkin driving.

I like driving, and I like riding even more. You don't see shit from a plane.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Also I'd completely renovate and add a couple of extra rooms to my mums house. She's owned it since 1979 and never wants to move but it could do with a proper fix up. I'd also add solar with backup battery so she never has to pay power bills again.

Lambretta

First Grade

A journey is more than the destination
It's the journey that means something. Driving is far superior to flying
I have driven and flown to Queensland on a number of occasions

I'd take the drive over the flight purely for the experience of the journey and the things you see on the way. You can still stay in nice places on a road trip. You don't have to slum if you don't want to

Latest posts