What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your "if I won lotto, I'd do.........."

adamkungl

Immortal
You could but it's still outside the means of most people just due to the time off and amount of travel needed, especially if you're not limiting it to Europe. I'm hoping to do a euro trip next year to catch at least a couple of them.

I know I'm just taking the piss

___

Juniors
If I won the lotto?

First, I'd laugh at all your miniscule lottto wins since the NYC lotto is generally around the $250 million mark.....

Second, I would buy a house. Nevermind about the details of the people house, the important thing is I would also buy the house next door, bulldoze it, and build a 2 storey garage for my vehicles (with secret basement level for my ultra expensive ones).

Third, I'd start a company with the sole purpose of becoming a major sponsor of the roosters.

Fourth, I would travel. I'd spend 6 months of the year living in Oz, 3 months living in the US, and the other 3 months spent roaming the planet.

Some definite destinations would be Antarctica and the Arctic circle, all through South America (particularly Peru and the Amazon), and I would also climb Everest.

Last, I would take $50 million out of the lotto winnings, and start a charity. Sounds gay I know but I feel like if I won that amount of money I should at least aim to do some good with it. Something I've often thought would be cool would be paying for cochlear implants for kids whose families can't afford them
Dude aim higher. The US Powerball jackpot gets close to the $1,000,000,000 mark at times.

Lambretta

First Grade
Dude aim higher. The US Powerball jackpot gets close to the $1,000,000,000 mark at times.

Which pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with the US
What should we do this week? Make one person so stupidly rich they have no idea what to do with the money and it kills them or make 1,000 people really quite well off and change their lives for the better

The more I see, the more convinced I am that humanity will utterly deserve its demise

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Make a movie #1
About 5 years ago I helped a mate write an entry for a low budget filmmaking grant competition from the NZ film commission. We made the top 4 entries and got flown over to Wellington to pitch our movie. We didn't win but it was a cool experience, and so if I won massive $$ I'd give my mate maybe 500K to make it. (the budget we would've got from the grant was 250K so twice that would make it a luxury.)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Make movies #2:

I love historical/period films. 8 years ago I did a trip round Australia and realised how many brilliant stories there are from the early period of European settlement here, and how amazing the settings for them are. I always thought it was a shame Baz Luhrmann made that turgid pile of melodramatic shit "Australia" instead of telling a decent story when there are so many.
So I'd fund two big historical Aussie period pieces: the story of Jandamarra, the aboriginal resistance fighter from WA, and the story of Old Tom, the orca that used to help the whalers in Eden hunt whales. And for a third film I'd go over to NZ and do the story of the Maori prophet and guerilla leader Te Kōoti. All three stories would make brilliant films, they've got action, amazing scenery, and interesting themes about colonisation and clash of European and indigenous culture that could be explored without making them at all preachy.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
Top of the line Ford Ranger.
Elvis & Country music playing on continuos loop.
A good mate of mine as sidekick.
A national pub crawl to find the best Chicken Parma & Pale Ale in the land.

Latest posts