What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Most Favourite Ever Race Horse?????

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Super Impose.

Big Chestnut, won a lot of money on that horse.

Got at 20-1 for an Epsom.

The Colonel

Immortal
Without even viewing the above race i'd bet it's the Bonecrusher - Our Waverly Star race is it not?????? Sure was a cracker of a race and would have to be my favourite race of all time as well - other than the New Zealand trot race I had a bet on about 20 years ago - I backed a thing at 200/1 and on the final lap about 10 of the horses fell leaving mine and two others and guess who's went on to win!!!!!!

Wash your mouth out.

1982 - Kingston Town can't win!

Threepeat!

The Colonel

Immortal
Super Impose.

Big Chestnut, won a lot of money on that horse.

Got at 20-1 for an Epsom.

1992 Cox Plate. :D

“It’s only a horse, I was quickly informed
It was hardly a reason to cry
Only a horse with a mane and four legs,
As the tear trickled out of my eye
And I knew that I’d never let go of that tear
As it ran off the end of my nose
For it carved out a place in the depth of my heart
For the horse they call Super Impose”
- More Than a Horse, Rupert McCall​

Makybe is the best I've seen, and is now my fav, but I also loved Referral. Shattered me when Allez Suez beat him in the Epsom!

miccle

Bench
Got a decent list of faves from over the years.

But Gold Edition has to stand out. She won me a heap of cash & was great to watch. Got to see her win a few in Brissie in the flesh too :D

Hope she's enjoying retirement.

Foz

Bench
How do you guys rate Elvestroem?
Head to head with Makybe Diva I think it was 6-3 his way.
He won OS she didnt?
The fact she went over to Japan and got beat by what the Japanese called B graders-didnt like firm track was the excuse?
So they (japan)send a couple out to quinella the cup.
Elvis wins in Dubai.
Makybe only 1 win under 2000m?
No doubting Makybe Diva was a champion in her final year and a superstar stayer but 2400m and under was Elvis as good or better?
Was Elvis under-rated or does the legend of winning 3 Cups in a row just make people forget how good a horse Elvis was?
Might of been interesting if he hung around another year.

Moffo

Referee
favourite for me doesn't mean best horse

soo....belle du jour has to get a start. its win in the slipper was the most amazing thing ive seen. unbelievable

ive loved a lot of horses over the years, and only some have loved me back :lol:

holy roller
count chivas
adam
general nediym
clangalang (miss you buddy). who could forget his doncaster win!
lonhro

hineyrulz

Post Whore
favourite for me doesn't mean best horse

soo....belle du jour has to get a start. its win in the slipper was the most amazing thing ive seen. unbelievable

ive loved a lot of horses over the years, and only some have loved me back :lol:

holy roller
count chivas
adam
general nediym
clangalang (miss you buddy). who could forget his doncaster win!
lonhro
Clangalang won the epsom.

jc155776

Coach
Doremious when I was younger.

El Segundo for the last couple of years was always a fave of mine. Loved it flashing home. Remember watching it in a country race near the beginning of its career, watching it slash home at 8 to 1 i think and then backing it ever since.

Jeune was the first ever winner I backed in the Melbourne Cup. Every now and then I back some of his proginy.

I've had a few favourites over the past 10-15years

Bomber Bill
Maythehorsebewithyou
Yippyiyo (sp?)
Saintly

Noa

First Grade
Might & Power and Mouwad.Might & Power easily the best horse in my time. And at his top Id back him over anything in Australia over the last 50 years. Could run 13 second furlongs and still break 34 for the last 600 over 2400 which means horses behind him would have to run 33 to have a chance of beating him. Freak.Mouwad more ability then his big brother and would have won the Doncaster with a leg in the air. As it was won 6 from 7 with 4 group ones.