What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Most Favourite Ever Race Horse?????

Matt23

Staff member
Might & Power
Octagonal
Maykybe Diva &
Subzero...I remember when the clark of the course rode him, he tried going up to the gates!

Last edited:

Engine

Juniors
"Might And Power" for me. The ONLY time I've backed a winner in the Melbourne Cup. The great frontrunner.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
If they're NZ bred horses and most of them are, (28 out of 50 Melbourne Cups horses) typical Aussie stealing talent then I put them as the best :D

Foz

Bench
Hips Don't Lie.
:lol:

I tell you what Annekov is fast becoming my favourite horse.
Maybe for the same reasons as Hips Dont Lie is yours.
Backed him about 4 or 5 weeks ago at MV and he paid about $15.
Not only that it was the second leg of my double (Cefalu had won the first leg at 100/1 but only paid $68)and the DD was $970 odd.
Well really they were all Luke Nolen rides and he did the right thing again today and won and paid about $14 when I'd been struggling before that.

Tom Shines

First Grade
I had backed him previously, he let me down big time though in the Slipper I think it was.
Redeemed himself today though.

The Teach

Juniors
Might & Power
Octagonal
Maykybe Diva &
Subzero...I remember when the clark of the course rode him, he tried going up to the gates!

Totally the same as my list as long as I can add big Super Impose!

I'd been telling my next door neighbour, who was a racing "expert" for 6 mths before the big race that Subby would win the Cup. He was so p!ssed that he didnt listen to me and get on the big grey, cos I cleaned up that year on Subby.

MightyRedVee

Juniors
sunline

I was there at randwick when she made her debut if my memory serves me right she was number 12 or 13 most like 13 and she was at 13/2 only reason i remember her price was i backed the top weight had a descent wack on it and all off a sudden this old man plunged a $1000 on her so i had $80 on her.We accidently met up with the old guy that backed her for $1000 on the stands and he was going nuts when she was leading by atleast 8 lengths at the turn.Me and my mate told him theres still along way go to go and he turned back and said shes a special horse she'll win more races in sydney and asked us what we drinking before she even won the race.Since that day i would of backed her atleast another 12 times and very rarely she didnt deliver.Apart from Sunline i have to say Kingstown Town.

Kingston Town (Is the horse that got me into racing)
Let's Elope (won the most on her) is the second oldest Cup winner still alive.
Rose O War (backed that horse every start it had first horse to beat Sunline)

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Sunline - just an amazing record and some outstanding stats have never seen a horse with a greater constitution

Takeover Target - everything about the horse, the trainer, the jockey is just fairytale stuff, there will be a movie make no mistake.

Let's Elope - amazing mare

MANIKATO - won 29 races of which 22 are now classed as group one's better than any horse in history. Remembered as a sprinter but also cam second in an Australia Cup after it was claimed he wouldn't get 2000m......mind you he was second to a horse by the name of Dulcify who went on later to win the COx Plate by 8 and half lengths.