What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your New Zealand team?

Nz

Juniors
Lance is a good player, but in a test match, i wouldn't put him at fullback at the helm of the Australian team.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
1. Brent Webb
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Iosia Soliola
4. Krisnan Inu
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Benji Marshall
7. Nathan Fien
8. Nathan Cayless (c)
9. Issac Luke
10. Jeff Lima
11. Simon Mannering
12. David Fa'alogo
13. Dene Halatau

14. Lance Hohaia
15. Sam Rapira
16. Adam Blair
17. Jeremy Smith

18. Thomas Leuluai
19. David Kidwell
20. Setaimata Sa
21. Fui Fui Moimoi
22. Ben Roberts
23. Steve Matai
24. Jerome Ropati

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Re Matai

Manly have not ruled him out, but Steve himself said in an interview he may need to go in straight after the NRL season to have an operation on his neck. Has a bulging disc i think

Pig Champion

Juniors
Anyone out there think luke covell might come in to the equation?

NRL top point scorer in a team that is far from top point scorers.

Check out his try assists last night against the cowboys.

Has played for the Kiwis, unfortunately injured very early in the game.

Potentially dally m winger of the year.

nzwarriors60

Juniors
Hmmm.... I think we have better options on the wing than Covell, Vatuvei, SKD, Inu. Perret and Nightingale would be higher in the pecking order I think.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I see no reason why Covell won't be in contention

Vatuvei will be 1 winger, and probably a safer option on the other flank, out of Perret, Nightingale or Covell

Benji had a cracker today !!! Played the last 50mins of the game at 7 and was outstanding

Corbin

Juniors
1. Brent Webb
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Iosia Soliola
4. Kristan Inu/Steve Matai
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Benji Marshall
7. Nathan Fien
8. Nathan Cayless (c)
9. Issac Luke
10. Jeff Lima
11. Simon Mannering
12. Jeremy Smith
13. Dene Halatau

14. Lance Hohaia/Ben Roberts
15. Fui Fui Moi Moi
16. Adam Blair
17. David Fa'alogo

Something along those lines. Roberts can step up under Bennett in my opinion.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors

Vatuvei will be 1 winger, and probably a safer option on the other flank, out of Perret, Nightingale or Covell

Benji had a cracker today !!! Played the last 50mins of the game at 7 and was outstanding

I wouldn’t count on benji even being their either yet. Could be on his way to France in the next week.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
If you're going to put him anywhere it would be fullback. It has proved to be his best position.

I think Lance will be 18th man. I could see him getting a game or two as bench hooker also.

I think if lance was consistently played anywhere in the backline hell end up being pretty consistent.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors

I still wouldnt pick Covell in my top 30 players.

Inu, Nigthingale, Perrett, Vatuvai all better options in test footy. Covell would just waste a spot. He is a solid player, doesnt run hard enough for me.

Inu is class and if we have to fit him on the wing so be it.

NIgtingale, Perrett, Vatuvai even skd play like extra forwards. Something you need alot in test footy. It extra high intensity. All those players mentioned would have some of the highest metre eating stats in the NRL.

hitman51

Juniors
You can count steve matai out he has committed himself to samoa if you go to the toa samoa bebo page he is in the profiles along with chase stanley, Taulima Tautai, Junior Sau, misi taulapapa, terrence seseu, mat utai, lagi setu, ben Teo and they are all wearing the toa samoa 2008 rugby league world cup jerseys dont think these guys would be in photo shoots like that if they wernt committed to that squad.

JasonE

Bench
I still think NZ will have a great team, a lot of people are concerned about losing that germ to French RU and Asotasi but the Kiwis have enough depth imo.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
I still think NZ will have a great team, a lot of people are concerned about losing that germ to French RU and Asotasi but the Kiwis have enough depth imo.

They can be competitive, but i dont think they could win it...however the Warriors win today over the Storm showed that a team with no super stars can beat a team full of super stars...

screeny

Bench
They can be competitive, but i dont think they could win it...however the Warriors win today over the Storm showed that a team with no super stars can beat a team full of super stars...

If NZ can't get inspired by 2005 then nothing can inspire them. No SBW, no Benji, and I'm sure other stars were out too who I can't remember.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
You can count steve matai out he has committed himself to samoa if you go to the toa samoa bebo page he is in the profiles along with chase stanley, Taulima Tautai, Junior Sau, misi taulapapa, terrence seseu, mat utai, lagi setu, ben Teo and they are all wearing the toa samoa 2008 rugby league world cup jerseys dont think these guys would be in photo shoots like that if they wernt committed to that squad.

You can use the "committed" term very very loosely.

All have expressed their desires to play from NZ right from the start for all mentioned bar Tautai. If you checked the NRL preference they all would have nz as no.1.

They should change their name too NZ development - all make a state of origin tri series for NZ. Tongan vs Samoan Vs MAori/euro/ anything else.

Teo - played crap this year - knew he had no chance so he came out a month ago to say he was committed to samoa. Seuseu had no chance also. see half the rest of the squad.

Funny thing is people like Utai and co - shouldnt even make the Samoan team.
I hope they pick Harrison Hansen from wigan - he being playing good well better than frank puletua etc. and at least he committed at least a year out rather than a few months like some others.

Matai is different - he realises he is disliked by some of the selectors - dont blame him for being pissed off - but if he switches he can f""K off. Also him being on bebo if far from committed. He probably wont be playing at all.

JasonE

Bench
I like the look of Cherrington from the Rosters and Matulino from NZW, two great young forward prospects. Is Sa playing in the WC ? I heard he may need an operation, another skilfull player.

Latest posts