What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Origin Side After 2 Rounds

icewind

Juniors
you leave out Paul Gallen because im assuming of his catness, yet you include Ennis, who is quickly becoming his tutor?
(which i hate to say as a broncos fan)

icewind

Juniors
Qld-

1. Karmicheal Hunt
2. Billy Slater
3. Brent Tate
4. Justin Hodges
5. Greg Inglis
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Steve Price
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Nate Myles
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Cooper Cronk
15. Michael Crocker
16. Corey Parker
17. Carl Webb

Nsw-

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarred Hayne
3. Matt Cooper
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Luke Patten
6. Braith Anasta
7. Matt Orford
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Robbie Farah
10. Willie Mason
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Luke O'Donnell
16. Anthony Topou
17. Paul Gallen

OMG. Brent Tate in the centres? No Folau? Patten on the wing? Orford??

wait.

lol. nearly had me there. real comedian. :lol:

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
1 Kidley
2 Stewart
3 Gasnier
4 Lawrence
5 Hayne
6 Anasta
7 Finch
8 Cross
9 Buderus
10 Mason
11 Tupou
12 Laffranchi
13 Bird

14 O'Meley
15 Kite
16 M Minichiello
17 Mateo

icewind

Juniors
i don't know about that. i mean that's most likely whats going to happen, but I don't think it would be an altogether bad thing to have kidley at the back, chiming in as a playmaker like he does, particularly with the state of nsw halves.

1. Kidley
6. Anasta
7. someone
13.Bird

would have to be nsw best chance imo, with a four forward bench.

Papa_smurf

Juniors
OMG. Brent Tate in the centres? No Folau? Patten on the wing? Orford??

wait.

lol. nearly had me there. real comedian. :lol:

Take your eyes away for the underwear section of your target catalogue and grab Big League for a sec and you will see B Tate plays in the centres for his club.

Folou hasn't even played a season and a half of first grade and you want him to start over form/experienced players...what a joke, they'll have to call for the stretcher soon as gasnier runs at him.

I know Patten is out of position, but who would you prefer... grothe? rooney?. if you can play fullback, you can play wing.

Orford is average, no sh1t, but at least he can catch and pass and has a bit of experience. remember what happened when Finch was young and thrown in, Mullen also.

Even if I was wrong, which I'm not, its a matter of opinion, so give it a rest a$$wind.

All this from someone who would rather Kidley at fullback then B Stewart, Glug glug glug

tigr3

Juniors
I think heighnington should be a smokey for the blues... look at these stats

Tackle breaks - 29 - 11th in the NRL - 1st Second Rower
All Run Metres - 748 - 11th in the NRL - 4th Second Rower
All Runs - 103 - 2nd in the NRL - 1st Second Rower
170 tackles 25th in the NRL (1st is only 226)
Hit Ups - 68 - 5th in the NRL - 3rd Second Rower
1 error for the season - NRL average is 3
2 line breaks - NRL average is 1
2 penalties against - NRL average is 1
Only 7 innefective tackles all season.
1 on 1 tackles - 19 - 5th in the NRL - 3rd Second Rower
Minutes Played
Rnd 1 78
Rnd 2 59
Rnd 3 72
Rnd 4 80
Rnd 5 80
Rnd 6 80

Not to mention he can find the tryline and generally comes up with a big play when needed.

I think heighnington should be a smokey for the blues... look at these stats

Tackle breaks - 29 - 11th in the NRL - 1st Second Rower
All Run Metres - 748 - 11th in the NRL - 4th Second Rower
All Runs - 103 - 2nd in the NRL - 1st Second Rower
170 tackles 25th in the NRL (1st is only 226)
Hit Ups - 68 - 5th in the NRL - 3rd Second Rower
1 error for the season - NRL average is 3
2 line breaks - NRL average is 1
2 penalties against - NRL average is 1
Only 7 innefective tackles all season.
1 on 1 tackles - 19 - 5th in the NRL - 3rd Second Rower
Minutes Played
Rnd 1 78
Rnd 2 59
Rnd 3 72
Rnd 4 80
Rnd 5 80
Rnd 6 80

Not to mention he can find the tryline and generally comes up with a big play when needed.

Laffranchi is better at the moment and im sure Hindmarsh will get in wether he deserves it or not

same with a few of the other guys who made it last year

perverse

Referee
i don't know about that. i mean that's most likely whats going to happen, but I don't think it would be an altogether bad thing to have kidley at the back, chiming in as a playmaker like he does, particularly with the state of nsw halves.

1. Kidley
6. Anasta
7. someone
13.Bird

would have to be nsw best chance imo, with a four forward bench.
that is the way they have to go for mine too. gidley is playing excellent football from fullback... but as he showed against the roosters... he drops back to "average first grader with lots of enthusiasm" when he is put out of his natural role. his kicking game is also dreadful. i honestly believe that with gidleys form and talent - he would have to be right up there with stewart in regards to the #1 jersey. then you look at what NSW need in terms of skills in different areas.. and it only strengthens his claims for the fullback jersey.

Bman26

Juniors
would it be completely ridiculous to suggest Steve Turner or Anthony Quinn as a winger for NSW?

adamkungl

Immortal
Take your eyes away for the underwear section of your target catalogue and grab Big League for a sec and you will see B Tate plays in the centres for his club.

Folou hasn't even played a season and a half of first grade and you want him to start over form/experienced players...what a joke, they'll have to call for the stretcher soon as gasnier runs at him.

I know Patten is out of position, but who would you prefer... grothe? rooney?. if you can play fullback, you can play wing.

Orford is average, no sh1t, but at least he can catch and pass and has a bit of experience. remember what happened when Finch was young and thrown in, Mullen also.

Even if I was wrong, which I'm not, its a matter of opinion, so give it a rest a$$wind.

All this from someone who would rather Kidley at fullback then B Stewart, Glug glug glug

Finch wasn't young. Not only that, but he was thrown in with 1 day preparation and had a blinder and kicked the winning field goal. :lol:

Papa_smurf

Juniors
Finch wasn't young. Not only that, but he was thrown in with 1 day preparation and had a blinder and kicked the winning field goal. :lol:

He was young as....and he played crap. He did one good kick all game and that was that field goal.

Ghoulies

Bench
Brent Tate is a right center. Justin Hodges is a right center.

Both suck the big one when it comes to playing on the other side of the field; selectors would be aware of this. Who do you think they'll choose out of Hodges and Tate to play right center?

icewind

Juniors

well for 400k youre not gonna play him on the wing are you? He may play at centre, but he's not a centres left testicle. A winger, yes. Centre, no thanks.

i agree. Gasnier is quite injury prone.

lol. while some players are pretty good at adapting to wing, they do require different skills, positioning and so forth, communicating with ur centre in defence.

and if we are going for f/backs, then surely stewart on the wing, kidley at the back would be far better than Patten on the wing.

catch and pass? standards really have dropped havn't they. experience? he has absolutely no origin/international rep experience at all!

Asswind thats a good one.

andrew057

First Grade
1. Hunt
2. Tate
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7 Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Myles
12. Webb
13. Johnson

14. Hannant
15. Crocker
16. Lillyman
17. Marsh / Payne

Perfect team Pistol, congrats.

Papa_smurf

Juniors
well for 400k youre not gonna play him on the wing are you? He may play at centre, but he's not a centres left testicle. A winger, yes. Centre, no thanks.

i agree. Gasnier is quite injury prone.

lol. while some players are pretty good at adapting to wing, they do require different skills, positioning and so forth, communicating with ur centre in defence.

and if we are going for f/backs, then surely stewart on the wing, kidley at the back would be far better than Patten on the wing.

catch and pass? standards really have dropped havn't they. experience? he has absolutely no origin/international rep experience at all!

Asswind thats a good one.

-RE Orford- He has 1001 times more experience then that teeny bopper
-RE Tate- The Warriors are a professional football club, your are a joke...I think they would know more then you where he should play.
-RE Patten- Stewart is to good for the wing, Patten is better out of position then the dribs and drabs hugging the sideline in the NRL atm.
-Folau- I obviously meant he will sh*t himself and be too scared to walk off the field. I have AVO's older then he is. Origin is the pinicle of aussie sport, if you put kids to young in to it they'll be scarred for life and ruin the spectacle.

icewind

Juniors
re orford: experienced is he? how many premierships has he won? how many origin campaigns has he been part of? how many test matches has he played?

re stewart on the wing: Ricky Stuart didn't seem to think Stewart was too good for the wing in the test at the end of last year. also, inglis is too good for the wing. yet he still seems to be stuck on it for qld/aus.

re tate: you've never questioned the decision making of a football club??

re folau: so guys like Langer, Ikin, Hunt etc. scarred origin? how?

Papa_smurf

Juniors
re orford: experienced is he? how many premierships has he won? how many origin campaigns has he been part of? how many test matches has he played?

re stewart on the wing: Ricky Stuart didn't seem to think Stewart was too good for the wing in the test at the end of last year. also, inglis is too good for the wing. yet he still seems to be stuck on it for qld/aus.

re tate: you've never questioned the decision making of a football club??

re folau: so guys like Langer, Ikin, Hunt etc. scarred origin? how?

You might be right about Folau, he did ok in the GF, I think it would be better to leave him another year but im not passionate enough to argue about it.

Of course ive question a FC. But a FC over an internet hero wins hands down.

Experience means total games of football and the quality of those games. Orford has played more then finch, plus has played in more finals.

Stewart is too good to be moved when Kidley could play in other positions. It would be like pushing johns to hooker to fit in Craig Field.

Just drop it, uve embarrassed yourself enough

Latest posts