What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Premier League Dream Team?

El Coconuto

Bench
Assuming you could put together a team made up of any English Premier League based clubs who would you choose? I was watching Press Pass on ESPN and was intruiged by some of the comments that were made about which was the best league in the world (and how each host thought that Serie A and La Liga would slightly edge English football at the moment), which is why I suppose I wanted to make this thread and find out who everyone thinks is the best in the English Premier League and who you would field if you were to taken on a Serie A or La Liga Dream Teeam...Your thoughts people's?

I'll start off with my Dream Team:

Goalkeepers: Carlo Cudicini (Chelsea).

Defenders: Ashley Cole (Arsenal-LB), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United-CB), Sami Hyppia (Liverpool-CB), Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers-RB).

Midfielders:Damien Duff (Chelsea-LM), Patrick Viera (Arsenal-CM), Paul Scholes (Manchester United-CM), Ryan Giggs (Manchester United-RM).

Strikers: Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United).

Bench: Shay Given (Newcastle United-GK), John Terry (Chelsea-CB), Robert Pires (Arsenal-R/LM), Jaun Sebastian Veron (Chelsea-CM), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool-CM), Michael Owen (Liverpool-ST), Alan Shearer (Newcastle United-ST).

Remember folks only Premier League based players, go for it!!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
-----------------------Friedel-------------------------

---Gallas----Ferdinand----Campbell----O'Shea---

----Pires-------Vieira-------Scholes------Giggs----

------------van Nistelrooy--------Henry------------

Bench: Cudicini, Terry, Gerrard, Kewell, Shearer

I may be showing my Man Utd bias by putting O'Shea ahead of Cole (and fellow red devil Silvestre), but he's potentially one of the best defenders in the world in whichever position he ends up in. Duff could also easily be put on the bench rather than Kewell.

El Coconuto

Bench
Yeah there's no problem with putting O'Shea in there, a very talented prospect indeed. Gallas is an interesting selection though. Like O'Shea though, he is very talented and can slot in anywhere along the defensive line. Maybe I just don't like the way he treated Chelsea management by threatening to leave practically all summer. Oh wells, with us he stays, and in my own opinion, he should be starting ahead of Desailly.[/quote]

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I'm quite a big fan of Gallas, and if there were any defender in the premiership that I would want in Man Utd it would be him. He has the physical game that would perfectly partner Ferdinand.

SP

Bench
Cudicini

Cole
OShea
Hyypia
Neill

Duff
Viera
Emerton

Kewell

V Nistlerooy