What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your RD 1 2018 line up

mxlegend99

Referee
This is worrying. There's no word at all. Not even an "expect word in a few days" that often happens in the media.
They did mention that its likely to be resolved shortly. But now that we have given up Moylan... we cant get him back if it dlesmt work out with Maloney. Sharks can supposedly fit both however.

Although they dont want Maloney. They want Moylan and Pearce.

Bob

Juniors
This is worrying. There's no word at all. Not even an "expect word in a few days" that often happens in the media.

From nrl.com

Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga believes James Maloney will shine at the Penrith Panthers and be just what young gun Nathan Cleary needs to take his game to the next level.

Maloney will return to the Test side on Saturday night at the Sydney Football Stadium when Australia take on Lebanon after having missed last weekend’s 52-6 win over France due to a personal matter.

Meninga said Maloney has slotted back into camp well and not been distracted despite his imminent signing with Penrith still to be ratified by the NRL due to negotiations over the third-party aspect of the deal.

“He’s been very good, been very positive, it’s been a challenging time for him but he’s handled it really well in camp. He’s really keen to play really well tomorrow,” Meninga said during Friday’s training camp in Narrabeen.

In regards to the contract talks that have been surrounding Maloney and Matt Moylan, Meninga brushed off any negative impact.

“I wouldn’t think so, I mean it’s all good isn’t it? That’s all positive around what he’s doing, his contract’s probably the least of his issues, at the moment,” Meninga said.

Provided the NRL sign-off on Maloney’s move to Penrith, Meninga says the veteran playmaker would be the ideal foil for Cleary.

“He’s a great acquisition, what Jimmy brings is a wealth of experience,” he said.

“He’s a great talker, he understands the game, he’s an intelligent player, he’s a winner, he understands how you win because he’s been at clubs that have won grand finals.

“He’s played rep football, all that experience is going to help Nathan, I think it’s a great acquisition.”

Luke Bowden

First Grade
They knew about the 3rd party issues going into the negotiations. It will be sorted.

Tim Gilbert reported that the contract was approved by the NRL on Friday and will be announced on Monday. Not sure how reliable Timmy is, but he was cinfident.

They probably want Maloney at the club before they announce it.

OldPanther

Coach
From nrl.com

Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga believes James Maloney will shine at the Penrith Panthers and be just what young gun Nathan Cleary needs to take his game to the next level.

Maloney will return to the Test side on Saturday night at the Sydney Football Stadium when Australia take on Lebanon after having missed last weekend’s 52-6 win over France due to a personal matter.

Meninga said Maloney has slotted back into camp well and not been distracted despite his imminent signing with Penrith still to be ratified by the NRL due to negotiations over the third-party aspect of the deal.

“He’s been very good, been very positive, it’s been a challenging time for him but he’s handled it really well in camp. He’s really keen to play really well tomorrow,” Meninga said during Friday’s training camp in Narrabeen.

In regards to the contract talks that have been surrounding Maloney and Matt Moylan, Meninga brushed off any negative impact.

“I wouldn’t think so, I mean it’s all good isn’t it? That’s all positive around what he’s doing, his contract’s probably the least of his issues, at the moment,” Meninga said.

Provided the NRL sign-off on Maloney’s move to Penrith, Meninga says the veteran playmaker would be the ideal foil for Cleary.

“He’s a great acquisition, what Jimmy brings is a wealth of experience,” he said.

“He’s a great talker, he understands the game, he’s an intelligent player, he’s a winner, he understands how you win because he’s been at clubs that have won grand finals.

“He’s played rep football, all that experience is going to help Nathan, I think it’s a great acquisition.”

Yeah I linked/quoted the article the other day and no one paid attention. Goodnto see Mal rates him. Makes me feel a bit better.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Organizing a direct swap but not actually receiving a player in exchange despite sending our one over would be the most Panthers thing that ever happened.

It won’t happen though, so there’s that.

Though, that said, has anyone noticed that if you shuffle the letters of “Moylan” around and add E, you get “Maloney”? This may be bigger than all of us.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yeah I linked/quoted the article the other day and no one paid attention. Goodnto see Mal rates him. Makes me feel a bit better.

Mate, he got picked in the Kangaroos squad ahead of some very good players.

Jimmy is a seriously good footballer, don’t stress. Strap in and enjoy the ride!!

OldPanther

Coach

Jimmy is a seriously good footballer, don’t stress. Strap in and enjoy the ride!!

There will always be a little bit of concern if not for anything other than it's the halves and we know how important the position is.

But IS he past it? 2017 says yes. Let's watch our new boy tonight, maybe I can fall for him......I didn't think I could ever love Sowie and I was wrong