What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your RD 1 2018 line up

Rhyno

First Grade
Does the line up matter?

The score line is going to be humiliating no matter what side is named for Penrith fans

franklin2323

Immortal
We were actually a good chance to still make the semis in 1992 even after the accident but faded in the last month or so. Fell off the cliff in 1993 and was pretty much it for a decade apart from 1997 and 2000.

That was stretched out due to Super League. Given how close to merger we were.. I dare say Super League got us to stay around

seal

Juniors
Unless there’s someone out there we could sign, I’d force him to say.

I would be very surprised if we signed anybody. If I’m correct, we have a free $500,000 lying around in our salary cap right now from Cartwright’s release. Yet we have shown no intent to use it to strengthen our squad for this season, despite our lack of backline (and maybe halves) depth

It seems we are uninterested in signing anybody- Gould relies too heavily on juniors to cover every injury we cop, whether they are ready for first grade or not

roofromoz

First Grade
That was stretched out due to Super League. Given how close to merger we were.. I dare say Super League got us to stay around

The whole rationale with going to Super League was long term survival. There was a perception that the ARL did not view Penrith as a long term prospect strategically.

franklin2323

Immortal
The whole rationale with going to Super League was long term survival. There was a perception that the ARL did not view Penrith as a long term prospect strategically.

We wrongly treated ourselves as a city team.... It is 20 years late but we finally headed west where we should of been

I would be very surprised if we signed anybody. If I’m correct, we have a free $500,000 lying around in our salary cap right now from Cartwright’s release. Yet we have shown no intent to use it to strengthen our squad for this season, despite our lack of backline (and maybe halves) depth

It seems we are uninterested in signing anybody- Gould relies too heavily on juniors to cover every injury we cop, whether they are ready for first grade or not

I guess there needs to be someone available. That’s more likely to happen once the season has started & other clubs better work out their depth.

I don’t want to see us spend too much though, if we can snag an experienced back on a 2 year deal at not too much money, go for it.

Gould has brought in guys early season before. Hiku, Grevshmul come to mind. But yeah, I agree, we fall back on youth too much.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Rhyno, we'd go to Parra's forum and talk shit there back but that would be the equivalent to picking on a kid with Down syndrome.

All we're gonna say is that when you geniuss uncontrollably drool, can you stand near the sink or some shit, for f**k sake.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Rhyno, we'd go to Parra's forum and talk shit there back but that would be the equivalent to picking on a kid with Down syndrome.

All we're gonna say is that when you geniuss uncontrollably drool, can you stand near the sink or some shit, for f**k sake.

Not again. That's all I will say.

OldPanther

Coach

:joy:

Abacus

Juniors

If this is right, 1 option is to upgrade Mansour with a front-end contract at current value (whatever that is) plus 3 years @ $400k (say).

Say he's currentl on $300k, this year pay him $600k and $300k per year after. That sees him through to 2021 (he'll be 31), uses the additional funds and controls the club's cap going foward.

I wouldn't suggest this for every player (as some have short term memories when it suits them), but given Mansour seems a loyal and quality bloke, it should be relatively low risk.

martielang

Bench
I don’t get why people don’t rate Katoa. Every time he’s got minutes he’s looked sharp. Great service, relatively quick for a nugget, would be my 9 to start the season.

OldPanther

Coach
I don’t get why people don’t rate Katoa. Every time he’s got minutes he’s looked sharp. Great service, relatively quick for a nugget, would be my 9 to start the season.

I rate him highly. We saw what happened in the Broncos final.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think its because in 3 years he has only managed 13 games and never set the world on fire.

I dont rate him. But i think hes better than Wallace based on last years form. But no way does our captain get dropped.

We can only hope we do what we did with Kingston and Segeyaro. Although its temporary IMO. Our future is Egan. But probably not before 2019.

Latest posts