What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your realistic prediction

Table position

• Total voters

Sugar

Bench
Runnng a poll to see what your realistic prediction of where will finish after the premiership rounds in 2010.

It may seem difficult as a Souths supporter but try to take away your dreams and hopes of winning the big one and offer up what the head says not the heart.

Sugar

Bench
I think we will finish 5th
Top 4 is attainable but we need an injury free run and Sandow to fire.
We have enough strengths to finish in the 8 anything outside that is a failure.

Playing consistant footy will get us there and confident players will stand to attention

Our weakness is halves depth and will be tested early

All up I'm expecting a huge year from a huge pack giving the backs plenty of room to destroy teams,Col Best to shine with the ball and Sutton,Pettybourne break into rep footy.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I think we will finish 5th
Top 4 is attainable but we need an injury free run and Sandow to fire.
We have enough strengths to finish in the 8 anything outside that is a failure.

Playing consistant footy will get us there and confident players will stand to attention

Our weakness is halves depth and will be tested early

All up I'm expecting a huge year from a huge pack giving the backs plenty of room to destroy teams,Col Best to shine with the ball and Sutton,Pettybourne break into rep footy.

I am with Sugar, 5th.

coach

We should finish around 5th or 6th spot. Still a lot of questions to be answered. Like how will Taylor and Burgess peform and how Sandow goes.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
We will either be Premiers or runners up forwards win you premierships Souths and Parra have the best forward pack Parra slightly better backs at this stage.

Dave Q

Coach
We will either be Premiers or runners up forwards win you premierships Souths and Parra have the best forward pack Parra slightly better backs at this stage.

Yes, I share Appin's belief that a group of powerful forwards is an absolute and compulsory pre-requisite for success. The eels have good forwards, but they lack our balance.

Lang knows how to use forwards as well as a thing or two about attack.

I used to watch the Panthers attack, he believes in lots of players in motion, deceit and confusion for opposition defences. He will exploit patterned defence and sorely test conventional defensive thinking. Within 10 minutes of a game, he would have tweaked the oppositions game-plan and provided instructions on how to decimate it. Then its up to the boys.

It wont be big guys running one-out, it will be inside passes, angles, cut-outs and high balls with a rush of players ready to smash defences.

He is also a coach who trains his teams to be smashed up and keep coming back. If you look at the 2003 Grand Final, the Panthers were belted black and blue all game. They just kept responding, they answered all the questions. It was breathtaking. When Satts Junior pulled off that tackle of the century, it wasnt just him, it was the heart that Lang had given him. The desire.

I feel that following so many years of dissapointment, we can now expect footballing excellence.

I am more worried about injuries than anything else.

Desire and courage is one of the most difficult things to inject into tiring, fatigued and injured players. Lang is the master of its transmission. In will be built in to our players in every match they play. No more cheap surrenders, every game will life or death.

Against the odds, against reason and logic except to those in the know, Souths ahould be able to win the minor premiership. It may not be pretty or glamourous, but its a realistic and I must say, a very welcome expectation.

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
Forwards will lack cohesion for the first half of the season and Sutton will self-destruct in the confusion... but a late rally will get you into the eight while a poor reffing decision will cost you a spot in the GF.

The Storm will be pipped by the Cowboys for the trophy and Titans will win one final to finish fourth.

The other finalists will be a predictably boring Saints 5th, the again unlucky 'Doggies 6th, a repentant Easts 7th and an injury depleted Eels 8th.

Panthers lose their last game to slip to 9th, Tigers 10th heralding the end of Sheens' club coaching career, Manly collapse after their halves go missing to 11th, the nuffie Knights 12th, the Broncos make history finishing 13th, the Warriors finally reinstate Price as captain but too late claiming 14th, the Raiders find a win to grab 15th place and the Shire run away with the Spoon.

Dave Q

Coach
Forwards will lack cohesion for the first half of the season and Sutton will self-destruct in the confusion... but a late rally will get you into the eight while a poor reffing decision will cost you a spot in the GF.

The Storm will be pipped by the Cowboys for the trophy and Titans will win one final to finish fourth.

The other finalists will be a predictably boring Saints 5th, the again unlucky 'Doggies 6th, a repentant Easts 7th and an injury depleted Eels 8th.

Panthers lose their last game to slip to 9th, Tigers 10th heralding the end of Sheens' club coaching career, Manly collapse after their halves go missing to 11th, the nuffie Knights 12th, the Broncos make history finishing 13th, the Warriors finally reinstate Price as captain but too late claiming 14th, the Raiders find a win to grab 15th place and the Shire run away with the Spoon.

Sounds so sensible, Im giving up league until August!

Latest posts