What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Samoan team so far?

hutch

First Grade
Is there any chance that Marie Fa'asavalu who plays for St Helens could play for Samoa?

no. he wouldnt even be eligible because of the tests he played for great britain last year. it is a shame bceause of his profile in samoa itself, but if he is not committed to the samoan cause then they are better off without him. i think he may end up regretting his decision represent england come world cup time as they have so many quality front rowers these days he would struggle to make the squad.

fobsta

Juniors
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ALL FOR HONOUR[/FONT]
Anthony Upton
Henry Fa’afili set to wing his dream into reality
Former_Kiwis0601.jpg

Former Kiwis International, Henry Fa’afili.

Former Kiwis International, Henry Fa’afili, is set to make his dream a reality in the Pacific Six Nations.

The rugby league player-turned union star is eager to play his test-debut for Manu Samoa.

But when that day comes, Fa’afili is unsure. But what he is certain of is that if given the chance, he plans to showcase his best in the blue jersey.

“To play for Manu Samoa will mean a lot to me,” Fa’afili told the Observer Sports yesterday.

“When I was young and watching the likes of Inga Tuigamala and Brian Lima, I have always wanted to play for Manu Samoa.

“It would be a huge honour for myself and also for my family.”

Fa’afili said the mission was to first make the starting line-up.

He was not included in Tuala Lepale Niko Palamo’s Manu Samoa squad for their opening match against Fiji in Lautoka next weekend.

Fa’afili just arrived in Samoa from France early yesterday morning.

“My mission basically is to make it into the Manu Samoa and represent my country of birth,” Faafili said.

“I really just want to perform for the Manu Samoa in the Pacific Six Nations and then take it from there, one step at a time.”

However, the big goal for Fa’afili is the 2011 World Cup to be held in New Zealand.

“I think the big aim is the 2011 World Cup. That’s where I am looking at on the outside of first playing for Manu Samoa.

“2011 is something to look forward to and to really encourage you perform even better.

“But like I said, I just have to take one thing at a time.

“The first thing is to make the squad and then go from there and do well in the Pacific Six Nations and go forward from there,” he said.

Fa’afili said he was encouraged to play for Manu Samoa through his club team Barritz.

He said while playing club rugby, Samoans would push him to tackle playing international rugby for Samoa.

“A lot of boys were saying union is good, and wouldn’t it be better if I was to represent my country in the game.

“So I really took that into mind, and now here I am, and I want to play for the Manu Samoa,” he said.

Fa’afili said he switched from rugby league to union because he wanted a new challenge.

He said both codes were different in terms of defence and position.

“In rugby league it is more one on one and a bit more physical, but I am enjoying union and I am still learning.”

However, Fa’afili said he almost switched back to league with this year being the Rugby League World Cup in Australia.

“The thing I was most gutted about was that this year is the World Cup and I wanted to play for Toa Samoa.

“Now there are a lot of international players making themselves available for Toa Samoa and I wanted to be a apart of it.

“So basically I wanted to do one more year in league and hopefully play for the Toa Samoa.

“But at the same time, it’s just as good of an opportunity to try and play for the Manu.

“I think the important thing is that our boys, whether it be in league or rugby, just support each other,” said Fa’afili.

http://www.samoaobserver.ws/sports/SPNews/0608/0108sp001.htm

What does Toa and Manu mean?
Manu Samoa are Samoan Warriors from one of the districts of Samoa and its also the word for "Animals" and "Birds" . But I think the union version of "Manu Samoa" is the whole of Samoa united under one team or one warrior spirits .

Toa is the word for "Brave", "The Strongest", "Chief" (not chief as chief of the villiage but like im the chief of this ship because im the toughest bastard here ):D

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Manu Samoa are Samoan Warriors from one of the districts of Samoa and its also the word for "Animals" and "Birds" . But I think the union version of "Manu Samoa" is the whole of Samoa united under one team or one warrior spirits .

Toa is the word for "Brave", "The Strongest", "Chief" (not chief as chief of the villiage but like im the chief of this ship because im the toughest bastard here ):D

You shouldn't put those names in here, the next thing you know, the Fumbleballers will be naming their Samoan AFL team, the Toa Manu Samoa or something like that :lol:

Brave Samoan Warriors.

You shouldn't put those names in here, the next thing you know, the Fumbleballers will be naming their Samoan AFL team, the Toa Manu Samoa or something like that :lol:

Brave Samoan Warriors.
There's only one All Black and its the same in Samoa . Most Samoan national teams are name around Manu Samoa .
Manu Sina
Manu Segi
Manu La'ititi

Latest posts