What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your side for round 5

super_coach

First Grade
If Sheens bites the bullet and picks Head at no7 as expected, iam afraid Johnny Cronk will get the no6 shirt. So he will be still in the mix when calling the shots. So dont expect magic. If up to me I would leave the kid at no6 and see how he fires with some quality ball and a quality kicking game from the no7

chopsy_05

Juniors
I agree, but to be honest i think it's actually morris himself that puts the pressure on the forwards in the first place, sh*t kicks to full backs on their 40m line, uselss grubbers etc Deadset, the pigs have to work double time because john morris can't kick the ball into space, or even a decent distance for the forwards to get up in the opposition half and give their own dominance. They are always on the back foot in the first place. To be honest I think the pigs really dug in last night and it was the back lot that let us down. With the exeption of hodgo. Coz hes c00l :)

Thats exactly what I was trying to get across. So why then don't you think Head will help? No one expects him to be our saviour but our issues all stem from a sh*t number 7.

Moltzen will be the fall guy ... nothing surer
Will be great for the kid's confidence too
Brett Kenny would look geniused outside the utter prick that is john morris

Adman

Juniors
Thats exactly what I was trying to get across. So why then don't you think Head will help? No one expects him to be our saviour but our issues all stem from a sh*t number 7.

I'm not saying he would not be any help, I'm saying by the time Sheens plugs him into the team, it will be too late this season. What happens if the poor bastard doesn't find his feet? We need an established halfback.

And to be honest I haven't seen head play all that much, so I really can't come on here and say 'stick morris in now'. I know he would do some good things. But really my understanding of matt head really stems of what you lot know and those that have seen him play.

The fact is, that if we had an established, skillfull half back who understood the teams structure, how it plays, how to use Benji, Collis, Lawrence, Tuiaki, Hodgson and construct meaningful plays... they don't always have to result in super tries but at least put the pressure on the opposite team, meaning that they have to play well to defeat us, would go along way in igniting the confidence and the success of the team. I mean comon... our back line is like friggin mini gun ready to destroy oppositions ala cowboys style last and this year. But everytime the ball touches morris' hands the entire play, structure and moment stops entirely... literally.

All of the above players, IMO are the EXECUTOR of plays. We have no CREATOR. Maybe Hodgo but he should be use ala brett stewart style... IMO of course. Set up on of these boys problem and it's like poetry in motion. Unstoppable.

I don't know the answer to our halfback problems, but what I know is this, above all else the single most destructive problem that is stopping what i believe could be another Tigers War Machine, is the lack of a halfback that generally understands his position, and has a solid skill base.

I'm still hold faith that benji will regain some spark, and I can't wait for him to return.

dammit I'm loosing my mind, too emtional, too many thoughts wizzing in my head. God i almost tore Balmain Leagues apart everytime one of those grubbers found an opposition leg last night.

chopsy_05

Juniors
Our creativity will rest with Benji and Farah. We were always going to struggle without them and the other 4 we are missing. Head has been training with the side for weeks. It's time. Anything less than Head at number is a joke!

Tiger Hawk

Bench
And to be honest I haven't seen head play all that much, so I really can't come on here and say 'stick morris in now'. I know he would do some good things. But really my understanding of matt head really stems of what you lot know and those that have seen him play.
Head's biggest asset is his kicking game, both in general play and attacking. Even when Prince was in the side, our kicking game has ranged from average/mediocre to abysmal. Head can step in and immediate address that area.

Vicious has raised before the possibility that Head may dominate the ball to the detriment of Farah. It is a possibility but I think if that is the biggest concern holding Head back from a starting role, that and your concern of him not potentially not knowing set-plays etc, it's a chance I'm willing to take.

super_coach

First Grade
It will be interesting if and when picked how Head goes. You have to remember we all picture him as the no7 behind a pretty strong (if sometimes patchy) dragons pack. Will he get the same protection from our much feared pack of spuds. I do worry the more I think of it

rupertpupkin

Juniors
If Head isn't ready or fit, would look to giving Moltzen a crack at HB. Maybe Fulton at 5/8. It would be dropping Moltzen in the hotseat, but it would be a massive step up from Morris at 7. Maybe bring up another kid, like Dunley. It will take a few weeks for either of them to find their feet, but the status quo is nothing but a business-class ticket to palookaville. Suspect that Moltzen will be given the boot, for Morris to take 5/8, Head to HB. Or Morris at 7, Fulton at 5/8. In either case, the Morrisorama will continue, as will the suckage. Tagive may also be a sacrificial goat. McDonnell to come in on wing for extra fecal flavour. After all, he needs more game time to replace Hodgson as WT's new superstar FB.

rupertpupkin

Juniors
...Even when Prince was in the side, our kicking game has ranged from average/mediocre to abysmal...

Prince was much better than that. He may have been prone to average or poor games, but he had excellent kicking games also. To say his best was "average" is not accurate.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
It will be interesting if and when picked how Head goes. You have to remember we all picture him as the no7 behind a pretty strong (if sometimes patchy) dragons pack. Will he get the same protection from our much feared pack of spuds. I do worry the more I think of it
Yes but with Farah back to direct the forwards around, he should have plenty of room to move, if our forwards man the f**k up and play with a bit of enthusiasm (like in the cowgirls game).

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Prince was much better than that. He may have been prone to average or poor games, but he had excellent kicking games also. To say his best was "average" is not accurate.
Occassional "excellent" games. Probably could have worded that better, point I was making was on the whole he was average, so he was the high mark.

Eddie.

Bench
1. Hodgson
2. Tuiaki
3. Lawrecne
4. Collis
5. Ryan
6. Moltzen
7. Head
8. Payten
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Heightington
12. Halatau
13. Fulton

14. Payne
15. Teo
16. Harrison
17. Gibbs

scarcev

Juniors
May not be but he's all we've got so unless you want to see Morris continually embarass the legacy of the #7 jumper, you'll support his inclusion.

Id much rather head in the 7 but the way he limped off on Sunday tells me he will be flat out getting another go with Wests this weekend let alone firsts.

magpie_man

Juniors
6. Morris
7. Moltzen/Head

let's face it, sheens isn't gonna drop j-mo outta the halves, the best we can hope for is him playing where he can do less damage.

magpie_man

Juniors
I agree 100%.

I feel for the pigs who have to defend their arses off on our line,and then have to continually run it out off the line too boot.

A decent kicking game will go a long way to helping them out.
moltzen has an awesome kicking game, apparently.

alien

Referee
1. Hodgson (c)
2. Tuiaki
3. Collis
4. Ryan
5. Lawrence

6. Moltzen
7. Head

8. Payten (vc)
9. Flanagan
10. Galloway