What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your side v the ponys

Big Mick

Referee
As murray eluded to in another thread, Graham and Coote will probably get picked for the NSW U18's team that is the curtain raiser to Origin 3.

Another rethink perhaps...

Is it...I was of the belief that it was NSW Country vs QLD country.

They don't have two under 18's origin...do they?

mxlegend99

Referee
Well, from updated injury info, here's my team (assuming that Under 18's don't play Origin).

1. Michael Gordon
2. Brad Tighe
3. Michael Jennings
4. Maurice Blair
5. Junior Tia Kilifi
6. Luke Lewis
7. Wade Graham
8. Tony Puletua
9. Masada Iosefa
10. Matt Bell
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Nathan Smith

14. Paul Aiton
15. Tim Grant
16. Junior Moors
17. Shane Rodney

I'd either run the team out like that, or i'd have Lachlan Coote at fullback, and Michael Gordon on the wing. Personally i think Michael Gordon at fullback is the best bet though... hopefully he is fit. :D

Fibroman

First Grade
I like Gordon on the wing. One of his strengths is his defence and his scoots from dummy half and hit ups coming out of the line.

I think we get better value from him on the wing. He can play like an extra forward.

Big Mick

Referee
I reckon this will be named tomorrow:

1. Jarrod Sammut, 2. Luke Rooney, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Brad Tighe, 5. Michael Gordon, 6. Bob Blair, 7. Luke Lewis, 8. Matthew Bell, 9. Keith Peters, 10. Tony Puletua, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Trent Waterhouse, 13. Nathan Smith
RES: 14. Masada Iosefa, 15. Tim Grant, 16. Junior Moors, 17. Shane Rodney

Thats what I reckon Elliot will name tomorrow if Lewis doesn't get selected for Origin.

Panthers_God

Juniors
I reckon this will be named tomorrow:

1. Jarrod Sammut, 2. Luke Rooney, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Brad Tighe, 5. Michael Gordon, 6. Bob Blair, 7. Luke Lewis, 8. Matthew Bell, 9. Keith Peters, 10. Tony Puletua, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Trent Waterhouse, 13. Nathan Smith
RES: 14. Masada Iosefa, 15. Tim Grant, 16. Junior Moors, 17. Shane Rodney

Thats what I reckon Elliot will name tomorrow if Lewis doesn't get selected for Origin.

Hope your right about Mick Gordon's return

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If Gordon is still out i would love to see Junior Tia Kilifi get a taste of First Grade this year with Coote possibly also debuting in the coming weeks. We then would've debuted Jennings,Grant,Iosefa,Sammut,Bateman,Graham,Coote,Tia Kilifi,Moors,Paulo,McKendry in the past two years. Very similar to 01/02 where we saw numerous juniors coming through. We won't win it this year but we are serious contenders for 09/10 with possibly the team below.

1.Lachlan Coote 2.Junior Tia Kilifi 3.Michael Jennings 4.Brad Tighe/Greg Waddell 5.Michael Gordon 6.Luke Lewis 7.Wade Graham 8.Tim Grant 9.Masada Iosefa 10.Petero Civoniceva 11.Frank Pritchard 12.Trent Waterhouse 13.Maurice Blair
14.Jarrod Sammut 15.Sam McKendry 16.Shane Rodney 17.Nathan Smith/Junior Moors/Joseph Paulo etc

Fibroman

First Grade
1. Coote 2. Gprdon 3. Jennings 4. Waddell 5. Tia Kallifi 6. Lewis 7. Graham 8. petero 9. iosefa 10. Bell 11. Pritchard 12. Waterhouse 13. Paulo 14. McKendry 15. Blackett 16. Rodney 17. Smith

Fibroman

First Grade
Blair is going gang busters, but he's no Greg Waddell.

Blair will start the season, but Waddell (if fit) will push him onto the bench or back to Windsor by the tail end of the season.