What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your strange habits

L

legend

This should be interesting. If anyone is game, i'd like you to name some of the strange, quirky habits or rituals you do that are out of sync with normal everyday life. I'll admit, I don't have many and i'm pretty flexible but nonetheless, i'll go first.

When I have weet bix every morning I sprinkle Milo all over my cereal. Not sure if that's strange but I thought itunique because no one else I know does that. BTW, it tastes great.

K

Kiwi

When I draw, and I get really into it I talk to myself. Plan things out loud, and my fiance knows whenthings with adrawing aregoing well when the Eric Cartman...sweet, killer, and super sweet remarks start to pop up, along with the odd Kyle and StanDude remark.

And no i am not kidding.

And trust me when I say this, you get funny looks from people when you Dude yourself.

I put Milo on my ice-cream.

I play Indoor Cricket on Monday nights. Beforeevery game I shower, even though I know I am going to get all sweaty. I never shower after the game, until the next morning. It's a superstition, even though I am not superstitious.
emdgust.gif

B

Bomber

Hey, I do that too!

For a while at boarding school I went througha fad of having vegemite and honey sandwiches, the reasoning being that the honey neutralised the iccy taste of the vegemite and made it edible.
emdgust.gif

Also, I never let the petrol gague in my car go under halfway - a legacy of running out of petrol too many times between Cairns and Mossman.
emembarrassed.gif

Finally, whenever there was a full moon, my mum used to make us go over to the beach and sing the following song:

I went to the Animal Fair
The birds and bees were there
By the light of the moon the big baboon was combing his auburn hair
The monkey he got drunk
And fell on the elephant's trunk
The elephant sneezed and fell on his kness
And that was the end of the monk, the monk, the monkey

My most quirky thing to eat is honey snap biscuits and coon cheese - no one believes me but they are delicious together.

A habit I got into when playing sport used to gross everyone out - I put about a teaspoon full of vicks vapourub into my mouth just before kickoff and held it there as long asI could during the game - eventually i'd swallow it bit by bit. This really helped my breathing during the game, but it often made me vomit.

R

roostergirl

Roopy that is disgusting!!!!!

The only remotely wierd thing I do (apart from jumping all over complete strangers when trashed at the SFS...sorry Moffy) is that when I am at home and the roosters score a try on TV...I play Roosterman really loud & sing at the top of my voice hehehehehehe:p

S

SpaceMonkey

I'm addicted to some weird foods, Korean dried chilli squid, fumiyake (japanese seaweed stuff you put on rice), beef jerky and Brook's air-dried biersticks.
I won't go out on the weekend without making sure my head is freshly shaved (with a razor blade). I eat at least 5 bananas a day for 2 days before I go out clubbing (bananas are high in potassium which helps with seratonin regeneration the day after).

Rgggggggg - :eek:I knew that u were drunk off lite beer, thats why i moved away step by step when the 2nd half-started lol

Ummm, i must admit to a few quirks. I will always play music before i go to sleep at night, it does relax you. Anyone who has problems sleeping should do this.

Most of the quirks come out at exam time. I will never go into an exam without chewing gum. Its a healthy distraction. And i never turn my phone off, (although we are supposed to do that and put it on the floor). Ill always put it on silent instead and keep it in my pocket. I don't know why i do that, just something i have gotten used to.

Peanut Butter and Cheese on toast goes down well as well ;)

Moffo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't have any strange habits which is kind of strange in itself.

imported_Kaon

Juniors
A couple of superstitions i have also have to do with exams.

The first one is that i never wear my watch during a test. Even if forget to take it off before i leave home, i have to get it as far away from me as possible during the exam.

The other concerns my <span>favourite </span>pen. I have a special pen that i always use for exams and nothing else. Replacing the ink in it costs more than buying a new one but i stuck with it until the <span>unthinkable </span><span>happened</span>. About 6 months ago a spring or something came lose and the pen fell to pieces. I haven't had to do a test all year but i've been on the lookout for "the one" for months.:)

P

pepe

being the animal lover that i am,i was once paranoid about walking on and killing ants,i went through a stage where my eyes werefixed on the footpath looking outfor some poor unsuspecting ant.
fortunatly i got over itand was soon crushing cockroaches and practicing my golfswing oncane toads.

ibecame verysuperstitious after getting out for a duck playing cricket,on that day i worenew orange shoes,i never wore anything new after that black day.

pepe

S

SpaceMonkey

Pepe, next time you play toad golf, can you video it for me?

recent stress has led me to remembering 2 more of my strange habits

I used to make sure that i didn't walk on the tarred bit of footpaths. Id always avoid standing on the lines, and change my steps to achieve this. Thankfully, i stopped this 10 years ago lol

I also refuse to write in blue pen. I hate it with a passion. Black pen or nothing

Moffo