What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team 2013

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Hey guys,

Was wondering what your thoughts are for your Best 17 next year? Who will replace T-rex. And will Esi Tonga get a run? Or have you got some new young guns coming through?

Cheers

firechild

First Grade
1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Horro
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Lawrence
16. Rose
17. Gulavao

Chee-Kam will get a run at origin if not before. Tonga might get a run if there are injuries to Lyon or Matai. Farrar will probably get first crack at a spot in the back 5 in case of injury/suspension/rep duties. There should be a bit of depth in most positions. I hear Clint Gutherson might get a run this year which I'm looking forward to.

eozsmiles

Bench
1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Horro
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Lawrence
16. Rose
17. Gulavao

Chee-Kam will get a run at origin if not before. Tonga might get a run if there are injuries to Lyon or Matai. Farrar will probably get first crack at a spot in the back 5 in case of injury/suspension/rep duties. There should be a bit of depth in most positions. I hear Clint Gutherson might get a run this year which I'm looking forward to.

I'd say Fa'aoso would be very close to a top 17 spot.

bellyache

Bench
1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Horro
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Lawrence
16. Rose
17. Gulavao

Eagles have'nt lost much at all, If Tooves and Joey have got their shit together.... Look out!

Briza

Juniors
mostly agree with Firechild, at full strength.

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Horro
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Lawrence
16. Fa'aoso
17. Gulavao

18. Rose/Chee-Cam

Lawrance has a great chance at a starting spot, depending on his form and that of king/kite.

2-3 maybe even 4 of the younger brigade to make an appearance during the year.

Guvner

First Grade
What is the go with Stromquist. I would think this would be his year if he was going to crack it.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Eagles have'nt lost much at all, If Tooves and Joey have got their shit together.... Look out!

I have been going through a few team lists (tipping time starts soon) and I agree you guys are still very strong. My question to Manly supporters is how do you think you will go now that the Hasler legacy has been gone a few years?

Last year things (style of play etc) didn't change too much from when Des was there, do Manly supporters feel Toovey (and Johns) can lift them to the next level?

Interested to know your thoughts.

Patorick

Staff member
I have been going through a few team lists (tipping time starts soon) and I agree you guys are still very strong. My question to Manly supporters is how do you think you will go now that the Hasler legacy has been gone a few years?

Last year things (style of play etc) didn't change too much from when Des was there, do Manly supporters feel Toovey (and Johns) can lift them to the next level?

Interested to know your thoughts.
Disagree.

Questionable defence, attitude and spirit cost us big in some games there last year. Especially defence.

Those are the three main thing, for me, we have to sort out this year if we want to get back into 2008/2011 form.

firechild

First Grade
Hard to tell really. In 2008 and 2011 Manly had extremely good runs with injuries and in both years used the lowest number of players for the season. In 2009 and 2012, injuries hit hard and Manly didn't have the same consistency which affected their ability to build over consecutive games. In 2010 Manly, going into the final against the Dragons, had 14 players that were either unavailable or playing injured (in many cases injuries were enough to rule them out but they played simply to make up numbers). Manly showed last year that they have the talent to push for another title but injuries will come into play as they do for every team every year.

I think Toovey will start to make changes that will make this team his own, a change in his coaching style mid season in 2012 showed that he's a pretty capable coach. I have no doubt that Manly will be pushing once again for a top 4 finish. I also think some new faces in the squad along with those who were new last season (most notably Taufua) will allow Toovey to have more of his own influence on the squad.

The Eagle

Juniors
Disagree.

Questionable defence, attitude and spirit cost us big in some games there last year. Especially defence.

Those are the three main thing, for me, we have to sort out this year if we want to get back into 2008/2011 form.

They were worse in all 3 aspects in 2009

Much worse,somehow finished 5th

Its a hard job going back to back

hugzy

Juniors
hey guys whos ur backup if one of the outside backs (1-5) get injured? is there anyone other than ben farrar?

Latest posts