What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Team for Rd 1 2017

11Straight

Juniors
Couldn't care less now. With chrome dome there again doesn't matter who is picked we will be shithouse again.

Reactions: Gm5

Dragon66

Juniors
Hate to say it but it won't matter what team runs out now, because we have a coach who can only coach a team of superstars, who would win games regardless of the coach.

Even if we had a Cronk, or Farah, or Tedesco I have no confidence that we would be any better than middle of the road with McGregor's conservative, unimaginative and clueless coaching style. Refused to use rising talent until it is to late, hangs on to players like Lafai weeks after the prove to one and all that they are not performing.

Unfortunately McGregor is a coach that thinks doing the same thing week after week will lead to a different result. Sadly Delusional.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
1. dugan
2.mann
3.aitken
4.milne
5.mcdonald
6.widdop
7.carney/hastings
8.packer
9.mckinnos
10.vaughan
11.thompson (c)
12.frizzell
13.sims

14.dufty
15.mose
16.leiluia
17.kerr

Gm5

Juniors
Good we don't need negativity in our team because it's like a disease it's spreading we require positive talk from all

I'l leave it to you then to happily support this rabble and not question why. It's the only way stuff is going to change

1. Dufty
2. Mann
3. Dugan
4. Milne
5. McDonald
6. Widdop
7. Hastings someone needs to kick
8. Packer
9. McInnes
10. Mose
11. Host
12. Sims
13. Fritzel I think has same potential as Jason Tamalolo

14. Host
15. Aitken coming on when forwards r tired strong ball runner and has pace
16. Kerr
17. Jack de belin
Just my thoughts with fritzell captain
Coach : Mary new nickname clueless
Just like to say I love nightingale a good clubman but just too slow these days but love everything he did for the dragons

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
1. Don't Care
2. Don't Care
3. Don't Care
4. Don't Care
5. Don't Care
6. Don't Care
7. Don't Care
8. Don't Care
9. Don't Care
10. Don't Care
11. Don't Care
12. Don't Care
13. Don't Care

14. Don't Care
15. Don't Care
16. Don't Care
17. Don't Care

Coach: Someone who isn't Paul McGregor.

St Georgio

Juniors
Coach / hooker / half / 5/8...F C U K......I T......I S......G O I N G.....T O....... B E..... A......L O N G.........Y E A R

Mr Red

First Grade
Rather than name an entire team I thought I'll just raise the most pertinent talking points..

1. Should friz move to the middle? .. As a few have mentioned he can have impact similar to taumalolo with the right ball players. Do we need someone with a better offload on the edge?

2. How to fit 3 into 2.... Nighty and Mann were our starting wingers, with Mann showing some good form on the wing. Now with MacDonald on board what's the plan?

3. Starting half? Does hutch steer the ship? Do we pursue Carney?

4. With McInnes appearing favourite for the hooker role, does havili earn a bench spot as backup hooker/ running forward?

j0nesy

Bench
Rather than name an entire team I thought I'll just raise the most pertinent talking points..

1. Should friz move to the middle? .. As a few have mentioned he can have impact similar to taumalolo with the right ball players. Do we need someone with a better offload on the edge?

2. How to fit 3 into 2.... Nighty and Mann were our starting wingers, with Mann showing some good form on the wing. Now with MacDonald on board what's the plan?

4. With McInnes appearing favourite for the hooker role, does havili earn a bench spot as backup hooker/ running forward?
1. Good question. I almost named at Lock in my team but went with Host at lock and frizz to still play on the edge. Particularly if we sign Vaughan

2. MacDonald would make a good Centre I think. I dropped Nighty from my team and went with Aitken and MacDonald on the wing. Not sure I got that right though. Nighty is a bloody good footballer.

3. Pursue Carney for sure. I don't think Hutch has got it. But I think we'll end up with Hutch, So I hope I'm wrong about him.

4. Yeah maybe, but I'd go with Mccrone on bench if we end up with Hutch at half. If we jag a good half I'd have Havilli on bench

thebigredv

First Grade

Half back is the big one isn't it. I know I won't be watching if McGregor is actually not replaced (my silent protest) but if Hutchinson is the half I can't see a lot of joy. They did say they haven't finished playing roster for 2017, maybe there's a half on his way...

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I have confidence in Hutchison who has barely put a foot wrong. He is robust and can kick and has a low error rate and a good
pass.

Hutchison will get no help from Widdop.

If anything next year will prove imo Widdop has been just as big an issue as Rein or Marshall was.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

1. No, he's most effective as an edge runner. The question of a better offload can be directed at the entire team, and their ability to support play.
2. Mann and Nighty are the incumbents. For 2017, I think Nighty will be a definite starter on 1 wing, the other is contentious. My opinion is that McDonald will play centre and that leaves Mann on the wing (unless he moves to the halves), the other centre will be Milne, but he really needs to improve his defense in the off-season.
3. The $1m question. My opinion is that Widdop will play 7 and Hutch or Mann will play 6. As no announcement has been made on halves one can only assume that they are waiting until after the GF to make any. If we were signing Carney it would be a mistake, and if it were Hastings etc the deal would have already been done as he finished playing several weeks ago, but in any case he would be a huge no.
4. Given his form for the Cutters, yes, but I can't find room for him on the bench, so he misses out.

In case your wondering about Aitken, I have him on the bench as a utility, who could play both forward or back.

The next question in who gets the starts and bench in the forwards, now with the pending signing of Vaughan and maybe the re-signing of Leilua?

Last edited:
Nona is gone has headed to Townsville with the Blackhawks and honestly he is just to inconsistant for the NRL.

The Hastings rumour just won't go away so i won't be surprised if he does sign and players 7 as all the talk about Hutchison he will get over looked again.

They may got for the safe bet if they don't get a 7 and play McCrone.

Milne and Aitken might find themselves playing NSW Cup at the start of the year McDonald is an upgrade and Herbert imo is better than both of them anyway.

Mose to start with the Cutters also.

Oh and Marketo will be in the 17.

possm

Coach
Dugan
Nighty
Aitken
Milne
Mcdonald
Widdop
Mann
Packer
Mcinnes
Sims
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin

McCrone
Masoe
Leilua
Host

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Nona is gone has headed to Townsville with the Blackhawks and honestly he is just to inconsistant for the NRL.

The Hastings rumour just won't go away so i won't be surprised if he does sign and players 7 as all the talk about Hutchison he will get over looked again.

They may got for the safe bet if they don't get a 7 and play McCrone.

Milne and Aitken might find themselves playing NSW Cup at the start of the year McDonald is an upgrade and Herbert imo is better than both of them anyway.

Mose to start with the Cutters also.

Oh and Marketo will be in the 17.

Herbert is a great prospect and agree he has more talent than Aitken as a centre.

BennyV

Referee
Herbert is better than Milne also.
I think he's definitely the best centre prospect we have, followed by Garrick. But let's do the right thing and let him work his way through. He will (should) get chances throughout the year, but shouldn't start round 1.