What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team to play Manly

BrotherJim05

Bench
A thread is going to start sooner or later so I'm just gonna go ahead and give my thoughts

Moses
Nofo
Fine
Lawrence
Richards
Austin
Brooks
Woods
Farah
Galloway
Sironen
Halutau
Blair

Tupau
Gavet
Ava
Akoula

I think the glaring problem we have is in our centres. Lawrence's ability to catch a ball and pass it to his winger needs huge improvement. Maybe it would be beneficial for his career to move to the backrow in NSW Cup and re-invent himself. I don't want to see him sacked from the club because he's a top bloke but I just don't think his future is in the centres.

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I can't see Woods or Farah backing up two days after Origin. I suspect we'll see something very similar to today.

Lodge earned another chance.

Centres are two prospects Potter feels have played well in 20s or NSW Cup. Must be new blood.

Fordy20

Juniors
I would rest Farah and Woods and not worry about trying to win this match.

1. Moses
2. Nofoaluma
3. Lawrence
4. Lulia
5. Richards
6. Anasta
7. Brooks
8. Galloway
9. Halatau
10. Seumanufagai
11. Thompson
12. Sironen
13. Blair

14. Austin
15. Gavet
16. Lodge
17. Taupau

Might wait until the injury & incident reports are completed before I comment on this... Could be lighter again next week.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd give Fine a run. Drop lulia

Move sironen to centre. Drop Lawrence

Hitchcox to fullback, moses to five eighth, austin on the bench

Lodge to be retained.

Akoula in for thompson

Blair to second row, halatau to lock

Props on the bench with Austin

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Keith Lulia is a f**king abortion as a footballer. Shit in defence, shit hands, shit in attack. What the f**k does this clown actually do ?

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Keith Lulia is a f**king abortion as a footballer. Shit in defence, shit hands, shit in attack. What the f**k does this clown actually do ?

I'd say he possess pictures of Potter in a compromising position, that is the only reason I can put down to Potter continually picking him in the team....

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Nofoaluma
2. Hitchcox
3. Lawrence
4. Austin
5. Richards
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Galloway
9. Halatau
10. Seumanufagai
11. Thompson
12. Sironen
13. Blair

14. Akaolua
15. Gavet
16. Lodge
17. Taupau

I think something like this. I think Austin and Moses should both be in the starting squad and we need 4 forwards on the bench. I'd also rest Farah and Woods.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Austin deserves a chance to start.

Other than that, not sure Im that fussed.

I'll be going to the game with a couple of Eagles supporters and am expecting to be thoroughly towelled up.

Matchball

Bench
Potter will be under pressure now. With his extension yet to be determined he better show some f**king heart and drop the underperforming.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Our two centres are going to make Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai look like the greatest two players to ever put on a football boot this weekend. It's going to be a blood bath. If Lulia and Lawrence are named this week it's dead set going to be difficult to watch.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Farah and Woods decide to play, we will need Austin on the bench to cover for Farah.

1 - Hitchcox - a more natural fullback who is a capable ball player and good ball runner
2 - Nofoaluma
3 - Sironen
4 - Fine
5 - Richards
6 - Moses
7 - Brooks
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Galloway
11 - Akoula
12 - Blair
13 - Halatau

14 - Lodge
15 - Taupau
16 - Seumanufagai
17 - Austin

At least then we have plenty of mobility in the back row so that they don't need to be subbed off.

Plenty of props on the bench to ensure Woods doesn't have to play for an hour.

Austin can cover Farah/Moses/Brooks/Hitchcox

Lawrence needs a relaity check. he cannot continue to be picked until he improves his game. At this stage, he is trying to hard to do too much and it's turned him into a bumbling mess.

Stick him in NSW to learn the simple things he was always impeccable at - hitting gaps, running strong lines, draw and pass, sliding defence.

Sironen has been playing so wide these last two games, and the difference between a wide running back rower and a centre are very little. He's a better ball player than Lawrence, albeit slower (although about the same speed laterally). because he knows he is slower, he will draw and pass and put his winger into space better than Lawrence, who has tended to push his winger out of the field of play, or back inside where he easily defended.

It makes no sense now, when we need a five-eighth, to have our future five-eighth playing at fullback.