What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team to play Manly

Pezz70

Juniors
Its a game of momentum and confidence , dud calls and basic mistakes took both away , not to mention having injuries and a backline unable to offer anything special to get us miracle points. Nofu is all we have , the guy is friggin awesome .

Not brilliant but at least he has a dig!

Gone for 2014 and it's gonna be tough to watch the rest of the year!

macnaz

Staff member
What Nofo not Brilliant ? ... the guy would be a STAR in any other side.. he more then has a dig ...he is our entire backline , I feel sorry for him.

Tiger05

First Grade
Nofu is all we have , the guy is friggin awesome .

In attack he is special. In defence he is ordinary.

I thought Lawrence did well out there. I thought most of the guys went well but we need a lot more. We need to be heaps more disciplined and we need some more speed out wide and we need our halves to fire.

I still think we need Moses at 6. I think he has the best passing game in our team and if we get some good backs out there we will score some points.

The main thing though is discipline. We were just terrible.

Nofu needs to move closer to the action.

Moses is way out of his depth.

The Lawry and Julia Show continues to get a laugh

We should have dominated that ruck tonight.

That was farked!!!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blair was ordinary tonight. Attackers ran round him with ease.

Halatau & Lulia in the threequarter line is a recipe for disaster.

Lawrence had a decent game. Moses is just not getting injected into the game.

Time to switch him & Austin around?

Tiger05

First Grade
Blair was ordinary tonight.
I thought he was good. He really puts in now.

Halatau & Lulia in the threequarter line is a recipe for disaster.

They were both good but way too slow.

Lawrence had a decent game. Moses is just not getting injected into the game.

Time to switch him & Austin around?

Lawrence was good and it showed me that he can have a role in the team but I'm not sure where. Maybe to left wing interchanging with Simona.

Moses needs to be one of our playmakers. I think he has the best passing game in our squad. Austin is a good player and I like him but I'm not sure if he is a play maker. He looks like he might be better suited to the centres.

We lost that game simply through poor discipline.

glockers

Juniors
Lawrence was good tonight. Ran great lines, in defence he has Siri f**king up on the inside and a makeshift winger. So he was in a difficult spot.

Our bench was good as was Austin.

Moses isn't ready yet. Brooks needs to be more involved. Siro needs time in naw cup

mxlegend99

Referee
Tigers were no chance tonight. Ref made sure of it. You guys didn't get a fair run until the game was over. No team should have to overcome a blatantly wrong no try decision, only to have a dodgy one scored against them a minute later. That was the game.

Tiger05

First Grade
Moses isn't ready yet. Brooks needs to be more involved. Siro needs time in naw cup

I mostly disagree with this. I think Moses is the best option now and will only get better. I also have no problems with Sirro having a starting spot.

Brooks though does need to lift his game but its hard to have a go at him because he is young.

I think we need a backline like this:-

1. Tedesco
2. Lawrence
3. Simona
4. Austin
5. Nofo
6. Moses
7. Brooks

If we had Koro he would be a weapon outside of Simona but dumb decisions will happen.

We will probably leak some points up the middle but with a big pack which we do have and if we can play with some discipline we can score some points.

In saying all of that Simona and Tedesco out are big losses when it comes to point scoring ability.

gronkathon

First Grade
Lawrence ran back rowers lines tonight.

Sirro is nowhere near ready to play backrow at NRL level.

Moses was ok but isn't a fullback. All night players could offload but he was standing in the halves Moltzen style. He couldn't defend at 5/8 so he needs to return to NSW Cup

The Rosco

Bench
Tigers were no chance tonight. Ref made sure of it. You guys didn't get a fair run until the game was over. No team should have to overcome a blatantly wrong no try decision, only to have a dodgy one scored against them a minute later. That was the game.

Spot on mx.
And not that this counts . . . but whateverbet that Joel Caine spruiks for paid out on Nofo as first try scorer, because they saw it as a fair try.
Oh the f**king irony.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
He dropped a few tonight but I think Tapau could be made into a very goo second rower....anyone thinks so? e has size, speed and a step. We have a pile of props on the books get him into the second row...

magpie guy

Juniors
We got toweled up pretty badly tonight but I don't think it is as doom and gloom as people think it is. We are down several players due to injury including Richards during the game, had Robbie and Woods backing up after playing Origin two nights ago and we had a lot go against us early.

There were some positives. Lawrence was better than he has been and was running some good lines with vigor. Gavet and Tapau give us a huge boost off the bench and Ava was solid as well. I though Austin was really good again tonight and we need to find a place for him in the full strength side.

I think that considering our generally slow backs we should go the Des Hasler route and go big or go home.

1. Moses
2. Nofu
3. Austin
4. Lawrence
5. Richards (Assuming ok to play next week)

6. Sirro
7. Brooks

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Tapau
12. Blair
13. Sue

14. Halatau
15. Gavet
16. Ava. S
17. Akoaula

edit - 18. Lodge

Last edited:
He dropped a few tonight but I think Tapau could be made into a very goo second rower....anyone thinks so? e has size, speed and a step. We have a pile of props on the books get him into the second row...

Hasnt got the motor to play 60+ minutes per game.
Got all the other attributes though.
I prefer him at 13 and Blair pissed off.

Sue could be the wide running backrower.... or again at 13

Tiger05

First Grade
Seems like most of you expected us to win tonite.

Not me. I expected a loss. I think there were some positive signs out there though. I think we played into the scoreline a lot more than I expected us too.

It was simply poor discipline.

Tiger05

First Grade

Yep. He could easily slot in there but I wouldn't do that.

Sirro was fine out there. I just think he needs a break out game or two as Teddy required the same thing last year. Definitely worth sticking with.

Tiger05

First Grade
There were some positives. Lawrence was better than he has been and was running some good lines with vigor. Gavet and Tapau give us a huge boost off the bench and Ava was solid as well. I though Austin was really good again tonight and we need to find a place for him in the full strength side.

I agree with all of this and Siro could work at 6 but I'd leave him in the backrow and put Moses there.

Gavet had way too many mistakes in him though. You can't play him in the team if he does that consistently. He is a weapon though.

Austin to me needs a spot but the question is where. I think he is best suited to the centres at the moment.

I'm not that disappointed in last night. I think it shows we can compete if we play to our best. We were really poor out there but when we held the ball and hit it up with some vigor we looked competitive. We need more out of Brooks and Moses and we need to become more disciplined.

Nofo to me shows what this team is like. He killed them out there with the ball but it looks like you can just run around him easily when he is defending. We need to be a more complete team.

Latest posts