What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team V Manly

perverse

Referee
one thing i've noticed about Wes is he's very much a team player. he will look to set up his outside man far more often than he will look for a way to go it himself. it's a very humble attitude... and shows a lot of maturity in the way he realises his limited skillset and works in and around what he can actually achieve, rather than tryign for things that he cannot. just going off the fact that both Smith and Stone love to pick him you'd have to say he's a brilliant trainer, too.

Wes has grown on me a bit this year... and i was fair dinkum ready to club him over the head and be done with it at the end of last.

roopy

Referee
I'm probably one of the few on here who watched the Pacific cup - and i can tell you that Wes and Kev play very well together. At one stage Wes was playing halfback and Kev was acting 5/8 having come up from fullback, and they set up a very good try with some quality short passing between them.
I think Wes would lift to look after Kev if we put them on a wing together.
The thing that has probably done the most to improve Wes is the responsibility of being captain of Fiji, and he looks after the young guys in that role well.

Serc

First Grade
i think if kev does get the call up to fg this week it would be the perfect time to drop sau, give him some time on the sidelines make him want to play fg again, and pair kev up with wes.

Sure the Sau passing problem which we all like to point out regularly is annoying...but on recent form he isn't going that badly.

I'm probably one of the few on here who watched the Pacific cup

I did!!!

Any chance to watch Aku play footy is time well spent in my opinion :D but of course I was also interested in watching Kev as well on this occasion. He spent most of the time at fullback, with Wes in the halves didn't he? I was surprised that Aku didn't get the gig at fullback given his first grade experience, and Kev on the wing having only played NYC and with his handling problems.

Anyway, I know this isn't adding much to the thread...but surely they will pick Aku at fullback and Kev on the wing for the next Pacific Cup (2011) so all the Aku to fullback lovers will just have to wait a year and a bit to see that! :p

knights girl

Juniors
I agree with you roopy....the young kids should get a go as like you said we won't make the finals this year....and at least they may have a decent go and look like they are enjoying themselves.

Yosh

Coach
Anyway, I know this isn't adding much to the thread...but surely they will pick Aku at fullback and Kev on the wing for the next Pacific Cup (2011) so all the Aku to fullback lovers will just have to wait a year and a bit to see that! :p

Won't happen Serc!

Aku will be playing in the Green and Gold!

Serc

First Grade
Which would you prefer Yoshy, Aku playing fullback or Aku playing on the wing for Aus...tough decision!