What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team vs Broncos

Rich102

Staff member
Mine:

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2 Tui Lolohea
3 Blake Ayshford
4 Konrad Hurrell
5 Jonathan Wright
6 Shaun Johnson
7 Jeff Robson
8 Jacob Lillyman
9 Issac Luke
10 James Gavet
11 Bodene Thompson
12 Ryan Hoffman (c)
13 Simon Mannering

14 Ben Matulino
15 Albert Vete
16 Nathaniel Roache
17 Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Last edited:

Scott

Bench
Am I missing something with Lisone? I thought he was pretty decent against the Tigers.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
1. RTS
2. Manu - he'll be looking to make up for Tigers game and given the opportunity Manu can score those tries no one else can so let's hope the team GIVES him those situations. He had one but that's a one off they stopped him.
3. Hurrell - needs to be unleashed, if Hurrell goes to an Australian club they'll make him into a superstar and it will be Nigel Vagana all over again.
4. Ayshford
5. Wright
6. Johnson
7. Lolohea
8. Gavet
9. Luke
10. Lilly man
11. Hoffman
12. Thompson
13. Mannering

14. Roache
15. Lisone
16. Vete
17. Matulino

jaseg

Juniors
Tuivasa-Sheck
Vatuvei
Hurrell - if we're going to carry a bad defender, may as well be our best attacking centre (and one that will pass to Manu)
Ayshford - didn't mess up last week, the rest of our centres aren't good so that's enough to keep his spot
Lolohea - on notice, Fusitua/Wright/Allwood all can push him
Johnson
Robson
Matulino - maximum minutes we can get from him
Luke - run boy run!
Lisone - we looked better with him and/or Matulino on the field, love his ball playing
Hoffman
Thompson
Mannering

Roache - if Luke isn't getting out from dummy half then bring Roache on earlier
Vete - plenty of minutes
Gavet - showed enough to keep his spot, use him for impact
Lillyman - on notice, another slow start to the season? I'd consider RFM in this spot.

Last edited:
First of all guys Hurrell was put on report in NSWarriors game for a high tackle so he might be playing in any team this week

Secondly i think Lillymans time has come. The game now with the limited interchange has past him by so for me he shouldnt play first grade again

3rdly Mutts coming off the bench and playing 60 straight minutes is a good call. So for me

1 RTS
2 Manu
3 Ayshford
4 Lolohea
5 Wright
6 Johnson
7 Robson

8 Gavet
9 Luke
10 Vete
11 Thompson
12 Hoff
13 Mannering

14 Matulino
15 Lisone
16 Roache (but i still think hes to raw)
17 RFM

Scott

Bench
I tend to agree on Lillyman. We need to sort out a player swap with someone. Excellent thinking re Matulino as well.

We need to find a way to get Lolohea in the game more. The more he touches the ball, the better we are.
He can still do that from wing, but needs to be told to go looking for it.

jaseg

Juniors
My issue with that use of Matulino is twofold. First, we missed him in the first part of the match and played catch up the whole game. Secondly (and really more to the point) we have 4 guys who can easily play 80 minutes without limiting their effectiveness, all of whom are walk up starts to the first team (at least... Bodene should be). We shouldn't be getting anywhere close to using 8 interchanges on basic rotation... really only the two prop spots to be rotated in and out each - that's 4, leaving the other 4 as tactical options (Roache and/or the 4th bench player being inserted etc) / injury cover.

If Hurrell is suspended then Fusitua should probably get a run at left centre IMO

JJ

Immortal
I wouldn't be dropping Lillyman or Vatuvei just yet - that seems hysterical, yep - neither were good, but to suddenly say they're done is a bit much... there are a bunch there that have never proven themselves, I'd look at them first

Meth

Staff member
RTS
Lolohea
Ayshford
Hurrell/Kata
Vatuvei
Johnson
Robson
Gavet
Luke
Vete
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Res- Matulino, Lillyman, Lisone, RFM

I like Roache, but not sold on carrying him on the bench.

I also don't like playing Lolohea on the wing

JJ

Immortal
I still want Lolohea at centre - he needs to be closer to the action if he's a long term 5/8 option

ozbash

Referee
1 - RTS
2 - Fus
3 - Ayshford
4 - Tui
5 - Wright
6 - SJ
7 - Robson
8 - Vete
9 - Luke
10 - Lillyman
11 - Muts
12 - Hoff
13 - Mannering

14 - Manu
15 - Gavet
16 - Lisone/RFM
17 - Thompson

Again, this season Manu's hands are going to cost us games, I wouldnt have him in a position where the opposition are going to target him,,, succesfully.

Kata/Hurrell go to NSW Cup and learn their position,, I dont care if it takes 10-15 rounds till they get the hang of it..

Tui is not a wing

Got no worries at all with our halves or forwards,, but if our hooker shows the same attitude he showed on Saturday, he'll be playing with Hurrell/Kata..

Time the reputations were thrown out the window and our team was selected on form..

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Lolohea is not a wing and you can say the same for him at centre. He's a half for those that don't know. If you truly know he's a half why do you put him at Centre?

I ask you to try and remember what Robson did against the Tigers (e.g. missed tackle on Sironen for opening try, dropped the ball from pivot, chipped straight into opposition defences knee, got in the way of Manu's hit up and almost made him drop the ball). He did try to do some good things, he did defend well after the Sironen try but??.. so now that you have recollection. Do you think Tui would have done worse or better?

RTS
Lolohea
Ayshford
Hurrell/Kata
Vatuvei
Johnson
Robson
Gavet
Luke
Vete
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Res- Matulino, Lillyman, Lisone, RFM

I like Roache, but not sold on carrying him on the bench

But you have picked him there???? What about Maumalo, Allwood, Fusitua

JJ

Immortal
Lolohea is not a wing and you can say the same for him at centre. He's a half for those that don't know. If you truly know he's a half why do you put him at Centre?

I ask you to try and remember what Robson did against the Tigers (e.g. missed tackle on Sironen for opening try, dropped the ball from pivot, chipped straight into opposition defences knee, got in the way of Manu's hit up and almost made him drop the ball). He did try to do some good things, he did defend well after the Sironen try but??.. so now that you have recollection. Do you think Tui would have done worse or better?

Centre was good enough for Laurie Daley and Brad Fittler earlier in their development - Fittler player wing as a school boy, but quickly moved to centre with the Panthers

O'Sullivan - another steady veteran was at 6 when everyone know Daley was a 6

We know Robson is what Robson is, I am not really sure what your point is - he has a long history as a decent first grade half

Rich102

Staff member
I still want Lolohea at centre - he needs to be closer to the action if he's a long term 5/8 option

Don't want him in either position.
For me wing or fullback are the only positions he can fill and he is a better fullback than wing.

JJ

Immortal
Don't want him in either position.
For me wing or fullback are the only positions he can fill and he is a better fullback than wing.

fair enough, but with RTS he's not getting #1 any time soon