What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team's line-up for 2018

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers:

1. Immortal
2. Immortal
3. Immortal
4. Immortal
5. Immortal
6. Immortal
7. Immortal
8. Immortal
9. Immortal
10. Immortal
11. Immortal
12. Immortal
13. Immortal
14. Immortal
15. Immortal
16. Immortal
17. Immortal

Coach: Super coach.

Ladder prediction: 6th.

Marlins

Juniors
Broncs:

1. Darius Boyd (C)
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Jack Bird*
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire*

14. Korbin Sims
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Tevita Pangai Jnr
17. Myles Taueli*

18. Patrick Mago
19. Tom Opacic
20. Andre Savelio

*added as Jack Bird may end up playing lock. If so Mcguire moves back to the front row, Offa to the bench and Taueli to Q-Cup.
Permiship winning side

Jason Simmons

Juniors
I don’t recall too many saying the Broncos will miss the 8 this year. It’s the Broncos so I don’t think you can ever confidently say they’ll miss the 8 but surely even the most one eyed Bronco fan would admit that side looks weaker then the previous few years

Weaker in the halves perhaps, stronger in the forwards and backs though...

A lot of faith in Brennan and the changes in roster. 2018 is going to be the most interesting in a while.
Agreed, people underestimate how much a new coach can change everything. I think Brennan will do a lot of good for the club and no more Hayne! That's got me hopeful anyway, but we have a lot of fairly untested players who could really stand up and have a good year or not at all, guys like Boyle, Hipgrave, Sami, Brimson maybe? And I hope to God Elgey has a good year, I love him <3

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Stronger?

Lost Blair and esesese replaced with Lodge and Mago

Also lost arrow and hipgrave down the m1

I don’t think I’m alone in suggesting Blair went downhill rapidly in 2017 in terms of effectiveness, whilst the grub factor got turned up to 11, leading to McCullough being taken out for the season and seriously affecting our spine... We have lost nothing letting Blair go, even if we didn’t replace him, but we did free up salary cap space in doing so.

Ese’Ese had a mixed year. Started strong, had a poor middle of the season to the point he got dropped to Q-Cup and then finished the year back in the team better, but not as good as was at the start.

Arrow? The bloke who could barely get a bench spot? Yeah, I don’t see the loss there, particularly given the lock ahead of him just won the Ron McAuliffe medal as the Qld Origin player of the year and is the current starting Australian lock and if he was to be moved back to Prop, Bird would be ahead of him, to play lock...

Hipgrave? A bloke who has never played A, grade even from the bench? Yeah, there are a few more important players ahead of him...

We have lost them, but added Lodge, Mago, Savelio, Taueli. We have easily gained over what we have lost.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don’t think I’m alone in suggesting Blair went downhill rapidly in 2017 in terms of effectiveness, whilst the grub factor got turned up to 11, leading to McCullough being taken out for the season and seriously affecting our spine... We have lost nothing letting Blair go, even if we didn’t replace him, but we did free up salary cap space in doing so.

Ese’Ese had a mixed year. Started strong, had a poor middle of the season to the point he got dropped to Q-Cup and then finished the year back in the team better, but not as good as was at the start.

Arrow? The bloke who could barely get a bench spot? Yeah, I don’t see the loss there, particularly given the lock ahead of him just won the Ron McAuliffe medal as the Qld Origin player of the year and is the current starting Australian lock and if he was to be moved back to Prop, Bird would be ahead of him, to play lock...

Hipgrave? A bloke who has never played A, grade even from the bench? Yeah, there are a few more important players ahead of him...

We have lost them, but added Lodge, Mago, Savelio, Taueli. We have easily gained over what we have lost.

So basically you’re saying you’ve lost 3 dudes, replaced them with guys who were already at the club but being kept out of first grade by said mentioned players, yet have gotten stronger?

Johns Magic

Referee

Ese'ese only got dropped out of Bennett pettiness because he was talking to the Knights.

macavity

Referee
1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Dane Gagai
4. Robert Jennings
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds

Who knew a backline featuring three recent internationals and an origin halfback could look so bad.

RazorRam0n

Juniors

ese'ese wasn't dropped he got injured, had a discipline issue :lol: zero relevant to form, he was in the end your best prop all season.

your last line is just cringeworthy