What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Thoughts/Reaction - Are We Alone In The Universe?

McLovin

Staff member
I was constipated for most of my childhood because of that f**king movie...

AILD

Bench
i dont think we are alone. but i dont think there is little green men on another planet either that come and visit us.

what ive always thought would be cool is that there is a planet somewhere with just animals, no humans on it.

or it could be that we are a big fluke! and are the only living beings out there.

ps: signs sucked! ...water kills the aliens? fmd.....

Monk

Referee
omg... i understand Part 2... and it freaks me out like crazy...

*moons himself for understanding bf*

moon.gif

Martli

Coach
what ive always thought would be cool is that there is a planet somewhere with just animals, no humans on it.

We are animals dude. We're just have amazing cognitive abilities that allow us to interpret the world in a way that is completely different from other animals, which sort of separates us out, but we are no different from any other animal. It would be more amazing to find a planet with beings that are similar to us, because the chances that another organism has evolved in the same way we have, on a planet that will arguably be under very different conditions are so improbable. If anything, a planet with life would seem completely foreign, the plants would be different (if there are any) different types of animals (ie, no birds, fish etc). would be a mind-boggling experience for most people.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Genesis Chapter 1.......we are all here for a purpose, but no preaching or bible bashing here! (if you don't have a Bible.....happy to send you one for free).
Genesis, Chapter 1, Verse 1... In The Beginning, God........................ etc..!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Did anyone watch that show last night? Life after humans? It basically specifies that humans are the ruling animals, and without us, life would go on, however nature would take over the earth again and in the space of about 10,000 years without us, there would not be many landmarks remaining, except the Egyptian Pyramids and possiby Mount Rushmore.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did anyone watch that show last night? Life after humans? It basically specifies that humans are the ruling animals, and without us, life would go on, however nature would take over the earth again and in the space of about 10,000 years without us, there would not be many landmarks remaining, except the Egyptian Pyramids and possiby Mount Rushmore.
I saw the ad and instantly knew it was a load of horsesh*t.

The distinct probability of any of that sh*t ever happening is as remote as you having an idea of your own, and akazie being funny just once each in your entire lifetimes.

Are we alone? Who gives a f**k, what race would want to inhabit this sh*tstain of a planet now after we've completely raped the f**k out of it.

Martli

Coach

Sounds so stupidly obvious. "Landmarks" are man made, not natural, of course most of them would eventually disappear. What a pointless hypothesis.

God-King Dean

Immortal

Get the f**k outta here ! You're crazy man.

simmo1

First Grade
Yes, there is other life out there somewhere in the universe.

No, we will never come in contact with them.

Martli

Coach
No, we will never come in contact with them.

I wouldn't go as far to say never. I don't think we're anywhere near our technological limits. It's highly likely that our generation won't, but future ones very well could.

simmo1

First Grade
I wouldn't go as far to say never. I don't think we're anywhere near our technological limits. It's highly likely that our generation won't, but future ones very well could.

Fair call. But there would need to be drastic improvements to our current technology to reach other life. I'm thinking at least a couple of centuries away, but then again it only took around 70 years to go from the creation of an airplane to the moon landing, so who knows.