What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 17 for 03

L

legend

I have been racking my brain trying to think of the starting side and I think it will look something like this:

1. Schifcofske
2. Graham
3. Mogg
4. Evans
5. Monaghan
6. Mclinden
7. Monaghan
13. Croker
12. Hindmarsh
11. Wiki
10. Davico
9. Woolford
8. O'Hara

Res: Martin, Drew, Rua, Hodgson.

With others like Alan Tongue, Rod Jensen and Sean Rutgerson all to be considered for selection, we finally have some decent depth if and when injuries strike. Top 6 for sure.

Here is a radical Knights team incorporating all the rumoured position changes I have heard are being looked at in the pre season. (most will never happen).

O'Davis
Tahu
Quinn
Kurt Gidley
McDougal
Johns - 5/8 could be his future.
Tyrie - A smart young halfback and playmaker tipped to take the pressure off Johns
Matt Gidley - Too slow for the backline - but his size and magic offloads are set to be used at lock.
Steve Simpson
Ben Kennedy
Daniel Abraham - he has put on several kilos and is now prop material
Buderus
Adam Woolnough

Parsons
Newton
Perry
Rudder

Also in the running are Mark Hughes, Trent Esatheo, Quigley, Mercer and a few others.

Johns only broke the transverse process on three vertbrae, which are bones that have nothing to do with the spinal column. They are mended now and his back is fine.
His groin is another matter. He has had surgery on his groin about three weeks ago and has had problems with it for years.
I think he will start the season at full pace, but, as with every year recently, he will re tear his groin some time during the season and finish on one leg as usual.

S

SpaceMonkey

Warriors '03

1:Webb
2: Murphy
3: Carlaw
4: Toopi
5: Meli/Fa'afili
6: Hohaia
7: Jones
8: Seu Seu
9: Marsh
10: Tookey
11: Lauiti'iti
12: Guttenbeil
13: Betham

14: Villisanti
15: Koopu
16: Tony
17: Swann

Locks usually are the workhorses in the team (ie:plenty of tackling). Gidley in that spot? Open the floodgates! lol jk

Dogs 2k3

1.Luke Patten
2.Hazem El-Masri
3.Willie Talau
4.Nigel Vagana
5.Matthew Utai
6.Braith Anasta
7.Brent Sherwin
13.Travis Norton
12.Andrew Ryan
11.Willie Mason
10.Steve Price (c)
9.Adam Perry
8.Mark O'Meley

14.Tony Grimaldi
15.Jonathon Thurston
16.Glen Hughes
17.Dennis Scott

Our forwards should shit over most other teams.

Cheers,
Moffo

L

legend

Moffo, I would replace Grimaldi with Feeney and Perry with C Hughes and it looks about right. I'll have a go at Wests Tigers and the Cowboys.

Daniel Fitzhenry
Robert Miles
Michael Buettner
Terry Hill
Joel Caine
Ben Galea
Lincoln Withers
Darren Senter
John Wilson
Troy Wozniak
Corey Pearson
Robert Mears
John Skandalis

Res: Steve Trindall, Willie Manu, Luke O'Donell, Trent Clayton.

I forgot about Feeney :eek:But Perry is a better hooker than C.Hughes. Hughes is the king of the brain explosion.

Looking at that tigers side, they wont go to bad next year. I think that Christian Hill will earn a guernsey at some point during the year as well, top prospect from what i hear

And WIlson ahead of O'Donnell? Big call.

Moffo

Roopy, that's an interestingteam you've chosen there,I quite like the look of it. I honestly think Gidley would be a far more effective player at lock, could be in for his best year yet.

O

ozbash

warriors

1 motu tony
2 justin murphy
3 john carlaw
4 clinton toopi
5 henry fa,afili
6 lance hohaia
7 mr s. jones (c)
8 jerry seuseu
9 monty betham
10 mark tooki
11 ali lauititi
12 richard villasanti
13 francis meli

14 brent webb
15 awen guttenbiel
16 logan swann
17 sione faumuina

S

SpaceMonkey

Interesting Ozbash, no place for PJ Marsh? I'd think he definitely offers more to the side than Faumuina, who for mine has yet to do anything exciting. I'd have Webb over Tony at fullback, although I do think Tony should be given more time there, he had promise when first introduced in the position. Not sure about Meli at tlock, does he have the workrate? I'd still have him over Fa'afili unless Henry starts to recapture his 2001 form.
I'd also like to see some of the other young guys get a run fairly early, hopefully they've managed to keep Mr Effective off the KFC in the offseason and his fitness is a bit better this year. Liked the look of Tuimavaeve and Anderson last season too.

O

ozbash

yes, i wondered about pj,, i wouldnt have him in the 13 (yet).
i would shove him in bartercard for 2-3 weeks till he got his act together.

faumuina,, i like. he,s wasted in BC, the only way he will get big game confidence is to play. i reckon he,s capable.same with paleasina.

have a squiz at www.themadbutcher.co.nz there are some interesting names there.

daniel floyd (hibiscus coast) has been booted, which is a surprise..

i agree about the young guys, one will make a name for himself, ,,,

S

SpaceMonkey

Just been looking at the player stats, and they've either had the forwards in the weights room for the last few months or a few of them haven't been watching their diets too closely. Check these out:
Villisanti 109kg
Seu Seu 112kg
Lauiti'iti116kg
Tookey 116kg
Palea'esina117kg
That is one moster forward pack if these guys are fit and not carrying dead weight.

O

ozbash

ali came back from xmas at his playing weight !!
his mum must of bought him an exercycle for xmas and hidden the taro and chop suey..

anderson stated this week that last season was the warm up.
we aint seen nothing yet...:p

S

SpaceMonkey

I don't even want to imagine Paleaesina at a fit 117.... the guy would be unstoppable.

El Duque

Bench
Hodgson
Moodie
Vaealiki
Lyon
Richards
Dykes
Green
Wagon
Hindmarsh
Chan
Cayless
Morris
Vella

Irvine
Solomona
Widders
Burt

That's without thinkibg too hard...lol

Too lazy to think.

MistyBee9-11

Juniors
I reckon Burt deserves a start ahead of Richards - jeez he was class last year Burt was!

Chan at second row is interesting. I winder if this will be Solomona's year in the starting pack - a player of his calibre won't spend all his life on the bench. Dunno about Irvine on the bench, thouhg.

I'd reckon more like
Burt
Moodie
Lyon
Vaialiki
Burt
Dykes
Green
Cayless (c)
Morris
Vella
Hindmarsh
Solomona
Wagon

BENCH
Dunley
Widders
Heckenberg
Chan

Compiling that side brings me to a question - can any other side boast 12 rep players in their starting 13? That's a shit hot backline - and Hindmarsh has for 3 seasons been the standout backrower. BRING 'EM ON!!!!!!!

A

ali

Cronulla 2003 start (what will be picked)
1. Peachey
2. Reick
3. Franze
4. Kent
5. Anderson, Jared
6. Bird
7. Kimmorley
13. Graham
12. Bailey
11. Lovell
10. Stevens
9 Triester