What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 3 most anticipated games of 2016

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
As much as i try, and cant erase that vision of Changa's boots from that dreadful day. BAN them i say lol.

Yes mate I agree ban them....wasn't one of Changs better days was it...although as one of my all time fav players I must say the jab he had for the injury didn't help did it......I think today you would call it the wobbly boot on :eek:

TruSaint

Referee
Yes mate I agree ban them....wasn't one of Changs better days was it...although as one of my all time fav players I must say the jab he had for the injury didn't help did it......I think today you would call it the wobbly boot on :eek:

Great player indeed... Only got to see the end of his career, but have heard , read enough to know he was an out and out legend.

BrissyRedV

Bench
See BrissyRedVs comment but being your fearless moderator and leader, I can't afford to be so unoriginal. To this end:

Prelim Final: Dragons vs Rorters
Semi Final: Dragons vs Warriors
Grand final: Dragons vs cheating, lying, scummy rats otherwise known as Broncos.

I wasn't so confident on the other teams chances. :D

But I would love to see a Dragons v Drongos GF with a scoreline similar to 2010...

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Great player indeed... Only got to see the end of his career, but have heard , read enough to know he was an out and out legend.

Mate Puff had the swerve and acceleration, Chook Raper would go all day and cut anyones legs from under them but Changa had the step, he also was a great support player...he had a great telepathic understanding with his great mate Billy Smith, who once said I could toss the ball over my head and Chang would be there to catch it.. imo one of those once in a lifetime players.....

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Mate Puff had the swerve and acceleration, Chook Raper would go all day and cut anyones legs from under them but Changa had the step, he also was a great support player...he had a great telepathic understanding with his great mate Billy Smith, who once said I could toss the ball over my head and Chang would be there to catch it.. imo one of those once in a lifetime players.....

Luv it... :thumb

Fingerbang

Bench
v Titans @ Gold Coast - because it will be my first Dragons live game since moving to Darwin, and will be spending 3 days at the Goldie with a bunch of true Dragons gentlemen.

Anzac Day - best game every year

GF v Sharks - because I got $50 on a Dragons / Sharks GF @ $231

Old Timer

Coach

One of the horrible things is that many just remember the white boots day and conveniently for get all the incredible things he did for not only St George but for Australia..

Changa was our greatest ever FB and arguably in our top 3 centres of all time at club and rep level.

The immortals left the captains chair in the middle for him as a sign of his greatness.

As a sign of respect and appreciation for his courage and contribution to the club I would love to see white boots on that day.

He had the guts to wear them so why not after all it wasn't the boots that cost us.

TruSaint

Referee
v Titans @ Gold Coast - because it will be my first Dragons live game since moving to Darwin, and will be spending 3 days at the Goldie with a bunch of true Dragons gentlemen.

Anzac Day - best game every year

GF v Sharks - because I got $50 on a Dragons / Sharks GF @ $231

Hahaha... classic stuff.
PS Anzac day is always special, and I love your GF prediction. :D

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
One of the horrible things is that many just remember the white boots day and conveniently for get all the incredible things he did for not only St George but for Australia..

Changa was our greatest ever FB and arguably in our top 3 centres of all time at club and rep level.

The immortals left the captains chair in the middle for him as a sign of his greatness.

As a sign of respect and appreciation for his courage and contribution to the club I would love to see white boots on that day.

He had the guts to wear them so why not after all it wasn't the boots that cost us.

OT please don't include me in that list that forgets all the incredible things he done...he was one of my all time best and I saw EVERY game he played...we were just talking tongue in cheek that the white boots he wore that day reminded us of the scoreline...if you look at my previous comment you would understand that I mentioned that he had a pain killing needle shortly before the game and from memory it went horribly wrong....most blokes wouldn't have even played, but Changs courage to play through these type of injuries were stuff of legends......and as you say
as a sign of respect and appreciation for his courage and contribution to the club I would love to see white boots on that day as well....as I said to TruSaint he was one of those once in a lifetime players.....

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
OT please don't include me in that list that forgets all the incredible things he done...he was one of my all time best and I saw EVERY game he played...we were just talking tongue in cheek that the white boots he wore that day reminded us of the scoreline...if you look at my previous comment you would understand that I mentioned that he had a pain killing needle shortly before the game and from memory it went horribly wrong....most blokes wouldn't have even played, but Changs courage to play through these type of injuries were stuff of legends......and as you say
as a sign of respect and appreciation for his courage and contribution to the club I would love to see white boots on that day as well....as I said to TruSaint he was one of those once in a lifetime players.....

No worries BSE you are one of the good guys and I know you are a real Saints man and a Changa Langa fan.

Thank god there are a few of us left that remember the very fabric this club was cut from.

Would really love to see a tribute to Chang before its all too late and we say "if only we had of done something".

RedVDragon

Juniors
1. The game when Rein get the sack
2. Benji leading the Daly M awards then gets a 2 year extension
3. Round 20 we are in the top and Mary gets a 3 year deal
I will add another
4. Dragons v Knights Dragins continue their winning way, Mary gives Brownie a coaching lesson he will never forget. Looks in his face ands says boy go back to little league.

The Nick

Bench
Mary gives Brownie a coaching lesson he will never forget. Looks in his face ands says boy go back to little league.

As much as I think Mary is a great fit for our club right now, I really don't see this scenario playing out. Whether we win or lose it won't be because Mary gives Brown a "coaching lesson". When it comes to strategy Nathan Brown is as astute a coach as you will find in rugby league.

goggles

Juniors
Have to agree with that Nick. Browny's always had a good head on his shouders...I still remember him playing with mundine, tallis, chook herron, tony priddle, etc in the standout presidents cup team way back when... and he was a smart cookie even then. If Newcastle stick with him I can see good things happening up there.

Coffs dragon

Bench

Totally agree and is still my all time favourite and the greatest player I've seen play the game to this day. I had the pleasure of meeting him with Cook Raper & Puff the magic Dragon some 8 or 9 years ago. I talked to Chang for sometime about his wonderful partnership with Billy Smith and the club in general. I was very very surprised to hear that he had so little involvement or interest in Dragons matches anymore. The one comment that stuck with me was...."I don't get along with management & it's mutual" Only rolled out when there's a dollar to be made. The bloke is a Immortal and club Legend and should be given the respect and highest accolades to promote our club and its rich history. Cannot imagine other successfully run clubs like the Broncos or Dogs treating their greatest in such a poor manner. Yes we should honour him and perhaps have a Immortal round.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
highland:

1. Anzac Day game is always special. Love the last post and giving a few minutes to remember the diggers who died for this great country. It would be great to see it get a sold out sticker although not sure about roosters this year.

2. Beating Souths is always good for nostalgia

3. Beating dogs or manly at their home always makes me very chatty at work on a Monday morning.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
No worries BSE you are one of the good guys and I know you are a real Saints man and a Changa Langa fan.

Thank god there are a few of us left that remember the very fabric this club was cut from.

Would really love to see a tribute to Chang before its all too late and we say "if only we had of done something".

Thank god there are a few of us left that remember the very fabric this club was cut from.......absolutely spot on, couldn't have put it better myself OT....its a pity some on here don't reflect on our great history and its players more often instead of all the name calling and insults that are a large part of this forum lately....yes we all get a little frustrated and disappointed in our players and the results at times , but as the great Billy Smith said 'People think we're heroes, but we just think of ourselves as ordinary blokes... we all know they get well payed but basically hes right, just ordinary blokes trying their best

Dragsters

First Grade
Every year it's round 1 and the sharks at jubilee.

This year for me third it's the first game v manly.

Latest posts