What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 3 most anticipated games of 2016

The Nick

Bench
Brownie will have to fix the mess that is Newcastle.

Apparently he's already selected 5 rookies to debut in round 1. As we know his strength has always been identifying and developing juniors.

I think they will surprise a few people this year and become genuine contenders in 2-3 seasons under his leadership.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I look forward to the following games

1. Cronulla....just to upset Rothfield
2. Roosters.....just to upset Politis and every 'colourful Kings Cross identity'
3. Canterbury.....just to upset Greenberg and see Des' awful 1970's haircut again
4. Manly.....just to make all other supporters happy
5. Parramatta....just because they should have lost 4 points anyway.
6. Canberra....just because of Ricky Stuart
7. Brisbane......just because of Bennett
8. Storm....just because it's good to see their coach cry, shout and mainly because of Slater and Smith
9. Penrith.....just because they took Sally and who was that guy .....
10. Souths.....just to upset Mrs Burgess
11. Titans......just so our off contract players don't want to go there
12. West / Tigers.....just because of the Tim Moltzen incident
13. Newcastle...just because Browny sometimes hits where it hurts
14. Warriors.....just because I've always been too scared to get a tattoo
15. Cowboys......just because they have Thurston and we don't

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Anyone else remember the changa song they made. He was an absolute legend and a very close friend of my old man. I met changa many many times - a top bloke.

My dad went to everyone of the 11 in a row and stood below the Sheridan stand (can you imagine that - I cannot). He said saints had a lucky dressing shed at the SCG which they rarely lost from - I recall it was the one on the left but OT or others may correct me.

I have been to every GF after that, including when he made us sit through until the final siren in 1975. He refused to leave the dragons early no matter what - a true Saint. To this day I still don't know why dad "moved spots" from his lucky spot below the Sheridan stand - after the 11 in a row we sat under the scoreboard under one of those green mini roofs for those that remember. We lost 2 sitting there. Maybe cash was tougher. In 1977 and 1979 we were back at the Sheridan stand. In 1985 his health was no good and he missed the GF.

Anyway, For those who want to get a bit of fire before the season starts and remember the power of the red V, I suggest you put the below in you tube:

"Chang the magic dragon by jimmy hannan"

Fingerbang

Bench
wtf

You just flushed a fiddy down the toilet.
Not really....it was a bonus bet, so cost me nothing. Anything could happen re the grand final. You can't really say in February that two teams with a possibility of making the 8 are no chance of playing in the GF. A long shot for sure, but I guess that is why the odds were so big.

TruSaint

Referee
Not really....it was a bonus bet, so cost me nothing. Anything could happen re the grand final. You can't really say in February that two teams with a possibility of making the 8 are no chance of playing in the GF. A long shot for sure, but I guess that is why the odds were so big.

Good luck mate... your shout :)

Old Timer

Coach
Anyone else remember the changa song they made. He was an absolute legend and a very close friend of my old man. I met changa many many times - a top bloke.

My dad went to everyone of the 11 in a row and stood below the Sheridan stand (can you imagine that - I cannot). He said saints had a lucky dressing shed at the SCG which they rarely lost from - I recall it was the one on the left but OT or others may correct me.

I have been to every GF after that, including when he made us sit through until the final siren in 1975. He refused to leave the dragons early no matter what - a true Saint. To this day I still don't know why dad "moved spots" from his lucky spot below the Sheridan stand - after the 11 in a row we sat under the scoreboard under one of those green mini roofs for those that remember. We lost 2 sitting there. Maybe cash was tougher. In 1977 and 1979 we were back at the Sheridan stand. In 1985 his health was no good and he missed the GF.

Anyway, For those who want to get a bit of fire before the season starts and remember the power of the red V, I suggest you put the below in you tube:

"Chang the magic dragon by jimmy hannan"

100% correct the left hand side of the members.

The other interesting thing was the 2nd & 3rd grade sides used to run out from under the Sheridan.