What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 favorite gigs

horrie hastings

First Grade
Wow.....just wow!

I've always considered Russell Morris to be criminally under appreciated in Australian music,

I have always liked Russell and wanted to see him live, he played a few songs off his Van Diemen's Land and Red Dirt – Red Heart albums but mixed it up with his classic songs, he did say he originally recorded Baby Blue back in the 60s but I cant remember it or find anything on the net to back up the claim but I don't really care as his version was amazing. Just disappointed he didn't sing Mr America, a song that comes up a lot on my ipod.

horrie hastings

First Grade
One I wish...Queen Wembley 1986. And GnR Eastern Creek and Metallica both 1993, Poison 1989, Alice Cooper and Aerosmith 1990. Roxette the last time.
The Police 2008 - friend had tickets she won and was giving to me until someone offered her $800 the pair. I couldn't take them then. Any AC DC. Thought theyd go forever.

Michael Penn on the bucket list. My kids have just got in to Kiss. I hope there's a next time.

Ones I wish- yeah Queen at Wembley would have been a great one but one that sticks in the back of my mind were ABBA at the Sydney Showground in 1977, my father promised me I could go but then pulled the pin at the last second, that was a lost opportunity, probably to young at the time to really appreciate how good they were but I was never to get another chance to see them perform live again. Also the Bee Gees at the opening of the Olympic Stadium at Homebush in 1999, would have been truly great to see all 3 together but unfortunately that can never happen now.
Still want to see Annie Lennox live and also Jeff Lynne, am flipping up whether to go to the US next year to see him in concert. One concert I didn't know about but would have definitely tried to get to had I known the line up was the BBC Children In Need Rocks back in 2013, Jeff Lynne performed Living Thing and Mr Blue Sky, I get shivers up my spine when I watch the clip of Mr Blue Sky from the concert when the choir kicks in, just fabulous, also on the list was Gary Barlow performing with Agnetha from ABBA, I think I would have just about wet myself when Agnetha walked out on stage, considering how she has liked to keep away from the spot light for years this would have been a must see.

Last edited:

Latest posts