What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Top 5 Since the mid 80s in the US

Top 5 of all time

• Total voters

afinalsin666

First Grade
- in ring ability (incl. ability to sell and depth of move set)
- ability to cut a promo
- how much of a draw he was generally accepted to be
- longevity
- ability to be a good heal and face (less of a factor but I think shows versatility)

Too hard to do, because who's to say what weight each of the categories should have. I'll just do all of them. I haven't put a lot of thought into these, just went with my gut reaction.

IN RING

Brock Lesnar
HBK
Kurt Angle
Mick Foley
Daniel Bryan

PROMO

Mick Foley
Stone Cold Steve Austin
CM Punk
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair

DRAW

Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
John Cena
Jerry Lawler

LONGEVITY

Undertaker
Hulk Hogan
John Cena
Randy Orton
Kane

VERSATILITY

Kurt Angle
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Brock Lesnar
Hulk Hogan

Going by the mentions, i have to say Hogan is up top, with Cena, Austin, Foley, Bryan, Angle and Lesnar coming second with two apiece.

Tommy Smith

Referee
And no 'The Rock' in Promo.

Even Piper, Savage and Dusty Rhodes need a lot more love in the promo/mic department. Three of the greatest of all time.

afinalsin666

First Grade
longevity - no rick flair? :lol:

Whoops :eek:

And no 'The Rock' in Promo.

Even Piper, Savage and Dusty Rhodes need a lot more love in the promo/mic department. Three of the greatest of all time.

Piper, Savage and Dusty are all better than the Rock. I really don't like the Rock. Catchphrase, sniff, insult interviewer, leave. Not that great.

Sting and Terry Funk in longevity

Can't believe i forgot the Funker. Easy to forget Sting when you were never a WCW/TNa guy.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
and can i just say, i clearly was a fan when i was a kid, but it's obvious some of you lot still are as adults :lol: grow up and watch mma instead, wwe is not a sport it should be in the offtopic section.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Does anyone else feel like Eddie Guerrero's status has become a little overrated since his passing?

I mean I liked him but I don't see how he's in the same stratosphere as some of these other guys

Personally, I always thought he was awesome.

But I think sentimentality wins out, and posthumously, he is viewed in a better light.

He's still an all-time great, though, regardless.

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Ok now it's flair, stone cold, rock, undertaker and hbk

Probably fair outside of hogan not being there. That's a crock...as I suggested before, I don't think a lot of us would be watching wrestling today if it wasn't for the hulk

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Too hard to do, because who's to say what weight each of the categories should have. I'll just do all of them. I haven't put a lot of thought into these, just went with my gut reaction.

IN RING

Brock Lesnar
HBK
Kurt Angle
Mick Foley
Daniel Bryan

PROMO

Mick Foley
Stone Cold Steve Austin
CM Punk
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair

DRAW

Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
John Cena
Jerry Lawler

LONGEVITY

Undertaker
Hulk Hogan
John Cena
Randy Orton
Kane

VERSATILITY

Kurt Angle
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Brock Lesnar
Hulk Hogan

Going by the mentions, i have to say Hogan is up top, with Cena, Austin, Foley, Bryan, Angle and Lesnar coming second with two apiece.

In ring is more like Benoit, Guererro, hart, Bryan and RVD

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll base mine on who i loved watching most

Austin
Rock
Shane McMahon
Kurt Angle
Mick Foley
Kane
Bret Hart

Valheru

Coach
Does anyone else feel like Eddie Guerrero's status has become a little overrated since his passing?

I mean I liked him but I don't see how he's in the same stratosphere as some of these other guys

I've been waiting for someone to say this and I agree, he gets a bit of the Kurt Cobain treatment in this regard.

A true hall of famer to be sure, top 5 of all time? Not in my opinion. He may have been well on his way but we will never know now.

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Don't get the Michaels love? Was in a ho hum tag team for years, broke out for a couple in the mid 90s when the company sucked and then fell away again when scsa, rock and the game come through?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shano Mac!

I think he deserves massive credit.

For a part timer with near no in-ring moves, he outperformed the regular guys plenty of times.

I've rarely seen any wrestler show as much commitment to a match as he did against Kurt Angle at KOTR. The kid was downright f**king crazy.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah Kurt Angle doesn't get enough love IMO, I mean during that attitude era he was great on the mic, he and Austin did some great stuff together, I'll never forget that milk truck haha!

Gina Minehart

Juniors
I think he deserves massive credit.

For a part timer with near no in-ring moves, he outperformed the regular guys plenty of times.

I've rarely seen any wrestler show as much commitment to a match as he did against Kurt Angle at KOTR. The kid was downright f**king crazy.

He is 45 dude

Hoggmaster

Juniors
Don't get the Michaels love? Was in a ho hum tag team for years, broke out for a couple in the mid 90s when the company sucked and then fell away again when scsa, rock and the game come through?

He didn't fall away, he broke his back and had to retire for 4 years. When he came back he consistently had the best match on the card. He won 4 match of the years according to the Wrestling observer, 11 match of the years according to PWI (7 of those after he came back and including opponents such as Diesel and a 60 year old Vince McMahon), Match of the decade, and Feud of the decade.

He could talk, he could work, he had a 26 year long career 18 of those as a main eventer, and came back from an injury which would have crippled most people. Sure he was an asshole during his 1st run but he really turned his life around after his injury and by all accounts is one of the nicest, down to earth, guys these days. He's also willingly put people over and helped elevate so many guys including the current face of the company John Cena.

That's why there's so much love for Michaels.