What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 wrestlers who had the highest charisma

Bulldog Force

Referee
The term 'charisma' in the wrestling business refers to how much a wrestler can get in touch with the crowd. Get them involved with him/her, get them supporting him/her.

What are your top 5? - Past and/or Present

Five: Rey Mysterio - always walks out with a mask and then hands it to a kid in the crowd. Does a face to face with all the people in the stand who have the mask on too. Always been a face and loves to entertain the audience and does not let his small stature get in the way.

Four: D-Generation-X - that's right. All along, DX have had a few members. Some have come a gone. Their love for the WWE against other companies like WCW cannot be matched. Invading the WCW shows, putting the DX banner on the WWE office HQ. Always entertaining the crowd and making them laugh. I cannot name just 1 DX member here, it has to be the entire stable. Their theme of green and black has never changed. If I had to go with 1 member in particular, it would be HBK, but they work well together as a unit. Even back in the X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn and Chyna days, DX were always an entertaining unit.

Three: Hulk Hogan - The Hulkster has always been there. He's been around long enough to wrestle with 3 generations of wrestlers. He's been a face/heel on many occasions, and just loves to go out there and give the crowd what they came to see. Even today, he still lives on the glory of his past, bringing record ratings to TNA when he made his debut appearance on January 4. Hulk Hogan will for long be known as the 'Wrestlers Wrestler.'

Two: Stone Cold Steve Austin - This is a man who will never be forgotten to anyone who's anyone in the wrestling industry. His love for a cold beer, country music, driving trucks and all round opening a can of whoop ass on his opponents all while entertaining his fans is the simplest way to describe the rattlesnake. The sky is the limit for 3:16. He's been involved in some of the most amazing feuds in the WWE. Who will ever forget him dressing up as a doctor and paying Vince McMahon a visit in hospital then taking beating him up on the bed? How about destroying the DX Express? Or beating up Booker T in the Supermarket? Or filling up one of McMahons Corvettes with concrete? These memories stick with us because the lengths he has gone to for the sake of entertaining the crowd stick forever with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53LMIIVj8vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDjOoPd8Hzc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZxqhCumGJs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YIzHTG_NY0H

...and that the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold said so!

One... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO'S NUMBER 1. That's right. The one who had the most chemistry the will most likely never be equaled again. The Great One. The Brahma Bull. The Peoples Champion. The Rock. He had the nursery rhymes roll off his tongue. Fearlessly insulting his opponents, and not taking any crap from no one, having no fear, and of course, regularly checking people's Candy Asses into the Smackdown Hotel... and don't we all know the address of the Smackdown Hotel don't we. It's on the corner of 'Know Your Role' Boulevard, and 'Jabroni' Drive.

Seriously, The Rock had the best method of communicating with the crowd in a somewhat Unorthodox manner. His catch-phrasing and quotes come in a somewhat endless variety.

• Referring to himself in the 3rd person ("Well 'The Rock' says this...")
  • Rock Bottom - perfect name to go with his finisher
  • Giving the crowd a momento - throwing his elbow pad to them when preparing to do their very own 'Peoples Elbow'
  • 'The Peoples Eyebrow'
  • Finally...The Rock...has come back to [INSERT CITY NAME HERE]
  • Finally...The Rock...has come back ... (moment silence, then, humbly)... 'home.'
  • [INSERT NAME HERE] will go one on one with The Great One
  • Who in the blue hell are you?
  • Do you smell what The Rock is cooking?
  • It doesn't matter what you [INSERT WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE THINKING OF HERE]
I'm sure there are plenty more than have been forgotten. Thank goodness he'll be returning to WWE over the Summer.

Last edited:

Matt23

Staff member
5 - Chris Jericho
4 - Bret Hart
3 - Hulk Hogan
2 - Stone Cold Steve Austin
1 - The Rock

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jericho for this bit:

Random crowd guy: "Go back to Tornto!"

Jericho: "I'm from Winnipeg, idiot!"

Jericho is just win.

Iafeta

Referee
'Chemistry' in professional wrestling is actually a term to describe how well two workers work together. Some wrestlers just seem to click together and produce great matches, above what is normal for them. Other wrestlers are greats but flat out stink the joint out when facing one another. It's instinct, timing, and that's how most in the industry refer to the word chemistry.

Big Pete

Referee
Charisma or Microphone skills?

Going by his definition I take it he means microphone skills.

1. The Rock - Nobody else comes close, don't even bother trying to find anybody else with his delivery nor range. Best of all time in this regard.

2. Ric Flair - Was THE man that everybody wanted to be.

3. Hulk Hogan - Was the best part of his shtick, that and his entrance really.

4. Steve Austin - Could cut an awesome promo, like that.

5. Mick Foley - A personal choice but I basically grew up with Foley promos.

Of today's wrestlers...
1. CM Punk
2. Chris Jericho
3. John Cena
4. Batista
5. Randy Orton

Misanthrope

Staff member
Of the TNA guys, I have high hopes for Wolfe and Dinero if they're ever given much time to actually cut promos. Both have very interesting characters and, Dinero in particular, ooze charisma.

Current guys who I think go close in the WWE are Punk (their best character, in my eyes), Cena, Orton, and Christian.

My top five:

1. The Rock: Leagues ahead of the rest. Just awesome.
2. Chris Jericho: Especially as a heel, but he could work both ways.
3. Stone Cold Steve Austin: Only as a babyface. Tremendous ability to fire a crowd up. Managed to make 'What' a quote.
4. Kurt Angle: Surprised he's been left off so many lists. In the WWE, he was hot.
5. Shawn Michaels: Can make you believe even the stupidest storyline means the world to him.

shiznit

Coach
5 - Chris Jericho
4 - Bret Hart
3 - Hulk Hogan
2 - Stone Cold Steve Austin
1 - The Rock

ive always been a massive Hitman fan... but even i can admit that 'charisma' probably wasn't his strongest point.

but i cant argue with the rest of your picks.

jc155776

Coach
5. Kane
4. Shelton Benjamin
3. AJ Styles
2. Umaga
1. Boogeyman

I couldn't find a spot for Chris "The Butcher" Benoit such is the quality in that top 5.

Last edited:
I'm a Jericho mark, but even putting him in the top 5 is a bit of a stretch. I'd throw Rick Rude, Hogan, Savage, Dusty Rhodes ahead of him. But personal opinion is personal opinion.

Latest posts