What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 wrestlers who had the highest charisma

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't really rate Hogan at all. The guy just sprouts 'brother', 'pythons', and 'Hulkamania' ad nauseum. He's one of the most charismatic guys, but I'd have The Rock and Stone Cold above him. And if it were about mike skills, he'd not make the list - as was the case in mine.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm a Jericho mark, but even putting him in the top 5 is a bit of a stretch. I'd throw Rick Rude, Hogan, Savage, Dusty Rhodes ahead of him. But personal opinion is personal opinion.

Definately.

I forgot about Rude, he was an awesome heel.

Hogan was just awesome both ways. Could make you love him (80's) or hate him (90's) and just knew what to say and when to say it.

Savage...to be honest, I haven't seen enough of him. Only him attacking Hogan and some of his commentary which I really disliked.

Oh and Rhodes was a brilliant face.

Jericho was awesome in 98 but went backwards from there and was stuck in a comfort zone until 2008. Since then, he's been awesome as a heel. In fact, it's been the best of all of Jericho's runs.

i came close to throwing in Jake Roberts. In an era when EVERY wrestler shouted everything they said as loud as they could, Jake was calm as ever. I loved that about him.

Moffo

Referee
good thread

i think there are some obvious selections coming out here

i'm surprised RVD hasn't had a mention. he interacted with the crowd as much as anyone that I can remember (particularly in ECW)

mr perfect is right up there...had great ring presence

sting in his old WCW days was pretty good.

even lex luger had a period of time where he was pretty entertaining...the period after the wolfpac when he used to come out to the ring and they'd shine the blue light on him. that was pretty good from someone that previously had very little personality!

so who are the worst?

Big Show
Kane
Chris Benoit was always horrible
Goldberg
Bam Bam

Moffo

Referee
Definately.

I forgot about Rude, he was an awesome heel.

Hogan was just awesome both ways. Could make you love him (80's) or hate him (90's) and just knew what to say and when to say it.

Savage...to be honest, I haven't seen enough of him. Only him attacking Hogan and some of his commentary which I really disliked.

Oh and Rhodes was a brilliant face.

Jericho was awesome in 98 but went backwards from there and was stuck in a comfort zone until 2008. Since then, he's been awesome as a heel. In fact, it's been the best of all of Jericho's runs.

how can you comment on hogan but say you haven't seen savage? they were both around at the same time...:oops:

True, but when Savage was given the top spot, Hogan was done with the company, and it was Savage, Flair and Warrior, with Bret Hart as the guy next in line.

Big Pete

Referee
how can you comment on hogan but say you haven't seen savage? they were both around at the same time...:oops:

Clips (AWA and WWF) and a lot of WCW.

I wasn't even alive when Hogan was in his prime. So, really, I didn't exactly go chasing after them unlike Hogan who I always considered to be the face of wrestling since I was a young boy.

Last edited:
^ What does that mean lol? Its as if you're trying to say that size has a weighting on charisma, which it doesnt. Plenty of big men have had that ability to cut a promo.

Big Pete

Referee
Most of the big men are given pretty uninteresting promos to work with. Show usually pulls them off and then some.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Of the TNA guys, I have high hopes for Wolfe and Dinero if they're ever given much time to actually cut promos. Both have very interesting characters and, Dinero in particular, ooze charisma.

Current guys who I think go close in the WWE are Punk (their best character, in my eyes), Cena, Orton, and Christian.

My top five:

1. The Rock: Leagues ahead of the rest. Just awesome.
2. Chris Jericho: Especially as a heel, but he could work both ways.
3. Stone Cold Steve Austin: Only as a babyface. Tremendous ability to fire a crowd up. Managed to make 'What' a quote.
4. Kurt Angle: Surprised he's been left off so many lists. In the WWE, he was hot.
5. Shawn Michaels: Can make you believe even the stupidest storyline means the world to him.

Hard to argue with that list, if i took personal favs out of it, they were the best at it.

But my personal list

1. the rock
2. Y2J
3. STSA
4. Edge and Christian (as a tag team, cant seperate them as 1)
5. Angle

Latest posts