What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your WC predictions

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
OK, time to put your foot in your mouth so we can revisit this after the WC.

I'm going for Spain over the freeky deeky Dutch.

Villa for top scorer, although there are probably better strikers out there, I'm assuming the finals will count towards their goal aggregate.

If the 'Footballers Wives' type antics don't effect the team, I'd say England are a good chance. Some Italian organisation and Rooney's fitness I guess will be key factors as well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
oh, and Italy to fall from grace, cant see them getting anywhere near the top 4 this time around

fish eel

Immortal
There's going to be a lot of luck involved.

I cant pick a winner, but I think the winner will come from:

Spain, Netherlands, Brazil, England, Germany, Ivory Coast.

Suspensions, injuries, a bit of luck etc is probably what will split them.

Hard to go back to back so I think we can forget Italy.

Red Bear

Referee
If Spain are at full fitness they have an amazing side. Midfield of Iniesta Xavi Alonso Silva and forwards of Torres and Villa, not to mention Cassilas in goal, Pique, Puyol, Ramos in defense and Fabregas on the bench. Good back up keeper in pepe reina.
Fitness doubts over Torres and Iniesta as well as fabregas are their main concern but barring a major choke they should be able to win this thing. Think they'll play the dutch in the final, with england and Brazil the other semi finallists (assuming that draw all works out).

There's going to be a lot of luck involved.

I cant pick a winner, but I think the winner will come from:

Spain, Netherlands, Brazil, England, Germany, Ivory Coast.

Suspensions, injuries, a bit of luck etc is probably what will split them.

Hard to go back to back so I think we can forget Italy.

They're getting on a bit too aren't they? You'd think they'd chuck a couple of young guys in with the high altitude conditions.

Nevcost

Juniors
Spain and Brazil in the final. I just don't think any other team has the depth or class that those two have.

spain to dominate every match early and look unbeatable but then have an off day and lose on penalties in quarters/semis...

England to lose to USA, but still make it further in the tournament that the US

Brazil to lose a game in the group stage, but still win the tournament.

Argentina to perform, Messi wins Golden Boot.

South Africa to fail hard.

our group table finishes like this:

Serbia 7
Germany 4
Australia 3
Ghana 3

we beat Germany but lose our other games.

fish eel

Immortal
anyone reckon we'll get out of our group stage

I think we're a big chance.

Ghana are a side we have a decent record against and we can beat them.

If we hit the ground running, I reckon we can get a result against Germany as well.

That would be four points going into the match against Serbia, which depending on other results may be enough.

A loss first up isnt fatal if we beat Ghana.

Borat.

Juniors
After the injuries, half a chance.
I keep thinking Portugal will bow out early.

I Think Portugal may top the group!

Injuries to us and cards for us will be the telling factor as we have no depth....If Timmy and shwarch have a massive cup we will meet England in the group stage

Borat.

Juniors
spain to dominate every match early and look unbeatable but then have an off day and lose on penalties in quarters/semis...

England to lose to USA, but still make it further in the tournament that the US

Brazil to lose a game in the group stage, but still win the tournament.

Argentina to perform, Messi wins Golden Boot.

South Africa to fail hard.

our group table finishes like this:

Serbia 7
Germany 4
Australia 3
Ghana 3

we beat Germany but lose our other games.

We beat germany we make it- end of story- but That won't happen- - also Germany have NEVER EVER beeen knocked out in the group stage- = they don't choke= they go through to the next round

weasel

First Grade
Teams to advance:

Group A

Uruguay
Mexico

Group B

Argentina
South Korea

Group C

England
USA

Group D

Serbia
Germany

Group E

Holland
Cameroon

Group F

Italy
Paraguay

Group G

Brazil
Ivory Coast

Group F

Spain
Chile

Groups B, D (sadly, but Serbia are looking very strong, and I just can't believe we could finish ahead of Germany), F, G and H I'm pretty confident about.

Anything could happen in Group A, USA look stronger than Slovenia and Algeria in Group C but had a pretty shocking loss the other day. And in Group E Japan, Cameroon and Denmark are difficult to predict, they're all capable of being very good or very bad. When the final lot of friendlies wrap up just before the tournament kicks off I will re-evaluate these three groups but the former five I doubt I will change my mind on unless there's some pretty big reversals of form in the remaining warm-up games.

Predictions for the knock-out rounds:

I reckon South Korea can get to the quarter-finals, assuming they finish second in their group, which they really ought to, they'll play the winner of Group A, which is a tough group to predict but really doesn't have any teams that Korea should fear.

I think Ivory Coast will perform the best of all African nations, but will still drop out in the Round of 16 at the hands of Spain, ending a disappointing tournament for the teams representing the host continent.

I see a Brazil vs Chile face-off in the Round of 16, potentially providing one of the tournament's big upsets, with the attacking Chilenos shocking a defensive-minded Brazil, with football the winner.

Then I guess the semi-finals might be Holland vs England and Argentina vs Spain, with Spain vs Holland the final.

These aren't the predictions I particularly want, I'd like to see more European teams crashing out early, Australia to make the second round of course and a dark horse or two to make the semis, but it's just what I think might happen.

Munky

Coach
A Spain vs Holland final could make for some great watching.

The only game of Euro 2008 Isaw was the final and I was blown away by the skill the Spanish showed.

Jono078

Referee
I'm gonna say Spain winners with Portugal the dark horse.

And Australia to make Rd of 16.

Latest posts