What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your WC predictions

langpark

First Grade
Just a question:

Did anyone think that Australia would make the round of sixteen in 2006 when we drew Brazil, Japan and Croatia? What`s so different this time? Pretty similar pool I think. Does everyone think that we have a weaker team this time, or a weaker coach, or is it just a lack of confidence?
definitely a weaker coach. squad is more or less the same quality tho.

You're right that it's a pretty similar group. I personally felt more confident last WC than this one, probably cos i felt we'd truly earnt it, beating Uruguay. But now playing the likes of qatar, UAE and Iraq to me isn't ideal and makes it much harder to know how we'll size up against real opposition.

Still, i think 2nd place will be a photo finish between Aus and Serbia.

Can you really see Cronulla winning a premiership in the next 100 years ??...:p.

NZ have a definite chance of winning the WC in the next 100 years..:lol:

:lol: Yeah, maybe within a 100 years. Nauru has a better chance of winning the WC than Cronulla does at winning a premiership

Hmm, the big games coming up closer. Pumped to watch the boys in action and hoepfully kick some kraut butt. Unfortunately I can't see it happening :(

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Too hard to predict really could be any of; Argentina, Spain, Brazil or Germany.

France, England and Italy to bomb out fairly early on imo, and we'll see some teams like Netherlands and Sth Korea do better than expected