What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your World Cup ticketing scheme

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
OK, so it has been a disaster. What would you do better?

I reckon:

- all categories should be scrapped
- a Jetstar type scheme should be used - first in, cheapest ticket, pick your seat
- prices gradually scale both as a function of time (only gently though) and when tickets start to run out (more severely)
- some sort of bonus for buying more seats, bringing friends
- transport included in the price of the ticket
- maybe a little management of open bays to ensure tv side coverage, but nothing more
- heavily pushed with bonuses for club members and junior players

Burns

First Grade
Nothing else to add to that really. Should have been all of those in place.

Emu01

Juniors
20 dollar tickets and 10 dollar tickets that’s it any more and people don’t want to pay it. Families $40.

Tv side to be sold first.kids under 16 free

Simple but that’s all you have to do and the crowds will attend.

Springs09

Juniors
Categories shouldn't be scrapped. Tickets should just be cheaper.

If I remember correctly I paid $300 or so for tickets to ten games at RLWC2013, including good seats at Millennium, Wembley and Old Trafford. I've paid over $200 for three games at RLWC2017, and that's with seats behind the sticks for the opener and the final.

Perth Red

Post Whore
20 dollar tickets and 10 dollar tickets that’s it any more and people don’t want to pay it. Families $40.

Tv side to be sold first.kids under 16 free

Simple but that’s all you have to do and the crowds will attend.

Will they? I think price is just one issue, end of day you can give tickets away but if people don't think the event is worth attending they wont bother. Given you could get to nearly every game for less than $30 a ticket I am not convinced the price of tickets, especially for pool games, is the major issue.

Whilst I appreciate this is a crowd thread so people on it will rate the tournament success sby the attendance, the reality is the number 1 goal for RLWC's is to make money for the RLIF to be able to survive and continue to support the games growth for the next 4 years. Giving tickets away wont achieve that.

yakstorm

First Grade
For me the biggest issue when it has come to selling tickets for this event, hasn't been the pricing (although for some games, such as the Quarter Finals it is definitely a factor), but has been the management of availabilities.

You only have to look at Wellington... there is like 20 Cat C tickets available to purchase at the moment... clearly people want to buy into this section, but people would be turning away because they can't buy there... Melbourne for the opener was an example of that, people wanted to buy on the Upper West, the Upper East was around 90% full, just bloody open the section!

Billythekid

First Grade
For me the biggest issue when it has come to selling tickets for this event, hasn't been the pricing (although for some games, such as the Quarter Finals it is definitely a factor), but has been the management of availabilities.

You only have to look at Wellington... there is like 20 Cat C tickets available to purchase at the moment... clearly people want to buy into this section, but people would be turning away because they can't buy there... Melbourne for the opener was an example of that, people wanted to buy on the Upper West, the Upper East was around 90% full, just bloody open the section!

Yeah the way the ticketing has been handled has just been bizarre.