What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your worst Parramatta 17

Gronk

Staff member
Pick your worst ever side !

I only go back to the late 70's / early 80's so I'm sure there are plenty of bad ones not listed

1. Paul Carriage
2. Brad Williams
3. Brett Plowman
4. Empara Navale
5. Jeremy Ticehurst
6. Corey Pearson (c)
7. Tolsen Tollett
8. David Westley
9. Bill Greentree
10. Dean Sampson
11. Craig Izzard
12. Lew Platz
13. Chris Muckert

14. Ben Kusto
15. Greg Drake
16. Daniel Heckenberg
17. Shane Whereat

Special mention: Jeff Fenech

parra pete

Referee
Lee Oudenryn HAS to be in the worst 17. IMO worst player I have seen play first grade for the Eels.
Lew Platz was ok, and so was Brad Williams..not great, but not the worst...
But I hate bagging players. They have achieved something I never did, ie play first grade, and you have to have some ability to do that.
Irrespective of their ability, they tried hard for our Club and district.

Bigfella

Coach
And even poor old leaping lee was exciting to watch. Could sniff a try out of nothing ... particularly in defense :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
1. Dean Raper
2. Jeremy Ticehurst
3. Phil Howlett
4. Wayne Simonds
5. Kalaveti Naisoro
6. Keith Blackett
7. Martin Seal
8. Greg Drake
9. Tulsen Tollett
10. Dallas Weston
11. Ian Gately
12. Brett Plowman
13. Steve Crouch

14. Ben Kusto
15. Gary Vernon
16. Michael Wicks
17. Anthony Bonus

Stagger eel

Staff member
1 Chris Quinn
2 Kalaveti Naosoro
3 David Black
4 Ken Wolfe
5 Tim Barnes
6 Steve Corardi
7 Mark Kocass
13 Graeme Settree
12 Peter Martin
11 Andrew Langford
10 Greg Drake
9 Vince Carr
10 Julien Troy

14 Gary vernon
15Marty seal
16 Darren Pettet
17 John Bilbija

Bigfella

Coach
LOL I thought Phil Howlett had ability t first ... Dallas Weston could have been an outstanding player if he applied himself ... and Greg Drake tried hard and was a strong ball carrier but so slow ...

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
Lee Oudenryn HAS to be in the worst 17. IMO worst player I have seen play first grade for the Eels.
Lew Platz was ok, and so was Brad Williams..not great, but not the worst...
But I hate bagging players. They have achieved something I never did, ie play first grade, and you have to have some ability to do that.
Irrespective of their ability, they tried hard for our Club and district.

Lew Platz had a classic case of "I'll play well when it suits me" syndrome, the guy did represent Australia in 75 and had the build and game to do anything.

He scored some great tries for the club.

Smartman

Juniors
What about that bloke that cost you guys i think it was the 77 grand final. The name escapes me.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Smartman said:
What about that bloke that cost you guys i think it was the 77 grand final. The name escapes me.

aaahh Mick Cronin? he missed the goal on fulltime. ;-)

you mean 76 and the player you're talking about is Neville Glover, urban Myth, it wasn't Glover's fault it was John Moran who through the ball when he clearly should of went himself.

Glover's a club legend who's in our Hall of fame and represented Australia, hardly a dud dude. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Cook was seen having lunch with Arko weeks after the grand final, Arko's shout offcourse.;-)

Smartman

Juniors
Yes it was Glover, didnt think he was a bad player but the amount of press it has recieved even till this present day is a bit funny. Maybe because it was such a simple catch. :cool:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Smartman said:
Yes it was Glover, didnt think he was a bad player but the amount of press it has recieved even till this present day is a bit funny. Maybe because it was such a simple catch. :cool:

actually it wasn't that simple at all, it was thrown about half a metre in front of him. the ppress had a field for about 20 years and until they actually sit down and watch the game properly, they could see that Neville did not cost aus the game.

funnily enough Ray Price blamed John Kolc, for his incorrect feeds.

sportive cupid

Referee
It's just legend kiddies.

In the 70's we were the second Cronulla-couldn't take a trick. There was always a reason -but we just couldn't win.

Latest posts