What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your WWE Setup

ostrich20

Juniors
A bit of a chance to play Vince... How would you structure the setup of the WWE, as the current is a bit of a shocker.

First, the PPV schedule.

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - No PPV
March - Wrestlemania
Apr - No PPV
May - Bragging Rights (smackdown v raw)
Jun - King of the Ring (for number one contender spot, all three brands compete)
Jul - No PPV
Aug - Summerslam
Sep - No PPV
Oct - Survivor Series (5 v 5, a match for each brand)
Nov - No PPV
Dec - Generic PPV

The current schedule is too cluttered with PPVs almost every 3-4 weeks. This will enable for fueds to build, thus giving a chance for fans to become more involved with the characters involved. Although it would never happen now due to the money raked in with the current PPV schedule.

I would keep the current schedule of three shows and the situation as it stands. The new GM guest host situation needs to be trashed on RAW, with Shawn Michaels being moved into the position. I would build the shows around the following superstars being the main event superstars:

Raw - John Cena, Chris Jehrico, Batista, Jack Swagger, Big Show, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston

Smackdown - Undertaker, Triple HHH, Kane, Edge, Christian, John Morrison, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Shelton Benjamin, Mark Henry

ECW - MVP, Matt Hardy, Chris Masters, Yoshi Tatsu, Vladimir Kozlov, Esekiel Jackson, William Regal, Goldust, Zack Ryder

What are your thoughts?

Big Pete

Referee
That would be my ideal structure but obviously due to PPV revenue, it'll never happen.

Triple HHH? :lol: Has he gone the extra step? ;-)

ostrich20

Juniors
lol, just noticed. With the recent moves TNA has made, it seems like a shakeup is in order for the WWE, starting with their product itself.

Eelementary

Post Whore
All I know is that:

Sheamus
John Morrison
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Zack Ryder
Yoshi Tatsu
The Hart Foundation
Legacy

Are the young way of the future imo and need to be pushed when they're ready.

PPV Schedule
January: Royal Rumble (traditional event, usually very exciting)
February: No Way Out (one last tweak to get all the titles in the right hands for Mania)
March: No PPV, use the month to build for Mania
April: Wrestlemania (make it a big one)
May: Backlash (the aftermath of mania)
June: 2 Small PPVs, one for SD/ECW and one for Raw (call them whatever)
July: King of the Ring (bring it back, make it between midcarders with 1 or 2 main eventers, give the winner a real rub)
August: Summerslam (make it a big one also)
September: Breaking Point (I liked the concept, was one of the better PPVs this year)
October: 2 small PPVs, much like June, call them whatever (these can be used to give mid carders a real run on a Main Event, they don't get this when it's all in one)
November: Survivor series (Smackdown vs Raw)
December: Night Of Champions (another good concept they have, if they get it right it will be a good event)

kotr is really whats missing. KOTR was such an awesome way to push a guy who was almost main event status. It worked for Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar and of course Stone Cold. Cant believe they just threw it away.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The WWE (and its shareholders) will never accept less than twelve PPVs a year, especially as long as UFC and TNA are running them as often as they are. My ideal schedule would be

Jan - Royal Rumble (#1 contender for Wrestlemania)
Feb - No Way Out (Complete with two Elimination Chambers, since they only occur at this event)
March - Wrestlemania (With MITB)
April - Backlash (It's fine for rematches, especially after Mania)
May - One Night Stand (ECW headlines the event, lots of extreme rules)
June - King of the Ring (Creates a #1 contender for Summerslam)
July - Bragging Rights (Raw vs. Smackdown. Winning brand gets to poach any one talent from the rival)
August - SummerSlam
September - Cyber Sunday (Fans vote)
October - Survivor Series
November - Bad Blood (For grudge matches. Talent would challenge rivals from other brands, and would also perform showcase matches. Limited title defenses)
December - New Year's Revolution

Jono1987

Juniors
First thing I'd do would be to scrap ECW and Superstars. I fully realise the revenue those shows rake in through advertisments but there is just too much WWE programming on. No matter what method they use to try and increase viewership, nothing will allow the product to appear and feel fresh. Which leads me to believe they will struggle to enter another boom period in the immediate future.

Secondly I'd tinkier with the line-ups of RAW and Smackdown. I would headline RAW with a mixture of younger established superstars such as Cena, Orton, Jericho, Edge and CM Punk with the next batch of superstars in the making; Ted Dibiase, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler etc. On Smackdown I'd headline the show with the older, more established superstars; Taker, HBK, HHH, Batista, Bigshow etc. The idea being more people watch RAW, and there is definitely a need for new, fresh talent to be pushed so get those guys on RAW mixing with the new breed of established superstars. The WWE seems to be aiming at younger audiences these days anyway, kids won't know Taker or HBK, yet their parents and adults will tune into Smackdown to see their old favourites.

Thirdly the PPV schedule;
Jan - Royal Rumble: Lock. Winner gets title shot at Mania
Feb - No Way Out: Only have one Elimination Chamber match on the opposite show to the winner of the rumble. Winner gets title shot at Mania.
March - Wrestlemania: Lock.
April - Backlash: Rematches from Mania.
May - Extreme Rules: Every match has a stipulation.
June - King of the Ring: Winner gets a title shot at Summerslam
July - Night of Champions: Every belt defended on the PPV.
August - Summerslam: Lock.
September - Judgment Day: Rematches from Summerslam.
October - Cyber Sunday: Fans choose matches.
November - Survivor Series: Lock. At least 3 original Survivor Series matches included.
Decemeber - Bragging Rights: Every match is RAW v Smackdown.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Pay-Per-Views:

January - Royal Rumble
February
March - Wrestlemania
April - Backlash (We need a Wrestlemania fallout event as Wrestlemania is HUGE)
May - WWE Draft (make it a PPV)
June - King of the Ring
July - Night of Champions
August - Summerslam
September -
October - Cyber Sunday
November -
December - Survivor Seres (to finish off the year)

Roster:

Raw - John Cena, Kane, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Edge, John Morrison

Smackdown - Undertaker, Randy Orton, Christian, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Shelton Benjamin, Mark Henry

ECW - Matt Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov, Esekiel Jackson, William Regal, Goldust, Zack Ryder, Chris Jericho