What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youth in focus with finals hopes dashed

saintm

Juniors
I am sure you guys have seen Duffty play. I have and he is small. Smaller than Quinlan. I watched him play NSW Cup. Being small doesn't mean he can't 'make it', but he is not tall which a fullback needs to be. I would give him another off season training in the top squad
He is 4 cm taller than quinlan and they should give him a go! He played nines and last year a NRL trial game. Stop with he is too small f**kin bullshit... Slater, bowen, Moylan etc etc fullbacks don't need to be tall!!!!

getsmarty

Immortal
This is my team I would like to see play out the rest of the year.

1.Dufty
2.Flo
3.Milne
4.Dugan
5.Aiken (use to play wing in he's local comp in Merimbula)
6.Mann
7.Widdop
8.Packer
9.Rein
10.Ah Mau
11.Frizzel
12.Host
13.JDB
14.Cooper
15.Leilua
16.Sims
17.masoe
18.Matthew

Aitken already failed on the wing in the first few rounds..he's a centre. Play him at centre.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Surprisingly enough, we're going to have some real selection issues in the backs next year. Dugan and Dufty will be fighting for a fullback spot, I think Dufty should get it but that will push either Aitken or Milne out of the centres which just shouldn't happen based on current showings. Milne is incredible, and Aitken is the hardest working centre in the comp.
And am I the only one who thinks Frizell should be playing lock? He played 80 at lock in origin III and was the best player on the field. Throw Thompson and Sims/Leilua in the second row.

We really need a top-line prop and a halfback and we might actually have the makings of a top 4 team. It just can't be Benji..

Rd 1 2017
1. Dufty
2. Milne
3. Dugan
4. Aitken
5. Flo
6. Widdop
7. ???
8. Packer
9. McCrone/Seggy/Farah/Rein
10. Ah Mau
11. Thompson
12. Sims/Leilua
13. Frizell

14. JDB
15. Masoe
16. Host
17. Sims/Leilua

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Dufty vs Quinlan is a no brainer. Dufty would win hands down every time. Look at the tries that Jumpin' Jack Flash scores regularly every week. Quinlan seems to have lost some pace over the last few years. Dufty would be right up there with Ben Barba for pace and acceleration. Matt Bowen is
fractionally taller than Dufty and 5kgs heavier.

emu62

Juniors
Dufty vs Quinlan is a no brainer. Dufty would win hands down every time. Look at the tries that Jumpin' Jack Flash scores regularly every week. Quinlan seems to have lost some pace over the last few years. Dufty would be right up there with Ben Barba for pace and acceleration. Matt Bowen is
fractionally taller than Dufty and 5kgs heavier.

Last edited:

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Quinlan does his best and has not cost us any games. He fits in quite well for the Cutters and tries very hard. It is not easy to be a fullback in a losing team as he has been in three times this year as a stand- in in First Grade.

Gareth67

First Grade
Surprisingly enough, we're going to have some real selection issues in the backs next year. Dugan and Dufty will be fighting for a fullback spot, I think Dufty should get it but that will push either Aitken or Milne out of the centres which just shouldn't happen based on current showings. Milne is incredible, and Aitken is the hardest working centre in the comp.
And am I the only one who thinks Frizell should be playing lock? He played 80 at lock in origin III and was the best player on the field. Throw Thompson and Sims/Leilua in the second row.

We really need a top-line prop and a halfback and we might actually have the makings of a top 4 team. It just can't be Benji..

Rd 1 2017
1. Dufty
2. Milne
3. Dugan
4. Aitken
5. Flo
6. Widdop
7. ???
8. Packer
10. Ah Mau
11. Thompson
12. Sims/Leilua
13. Frizell

14. JDB
15. Masoe
16. Host
17. Sims/Leilua

I pretty much agree with what you have said ,Tom RVR .
It is a good line up that you have . I have mentioned in previous posts that we do require another , tough as teak prop , to make a decent pair of book-ends for the front row .

And also as we all hope , a good half-back ,who will have the oppositions defence 2nd guessing itself .
I don't know where we are going to find him , as it seems that our Recruitment team is a bit slow of the mark of late and all the good halfs are already signed with other clubs .

That being the case , I would like to see MacGregor experiment with Mann or Duffy at half for the remaining games .
Also I would keep Maketo at hooker , as I believe he could be taught a few tricks with the right coach . He would tighten the dragons defence in he middle .

And should Rein decide to resign for a lesser amount , I would put him on the interchange bench and use him when the oppositions forwards are tiring .
Just my thoughts .

Walpole

Juniors
He is 4 cm taller than quinlan and they should give him a go! He played nines and last year a NRL trial game. Stop with he is too small f**kin bullshit... Slater, bowen, Moylan etc etc fullbacks don't need to be tall!!!!
Exactly! Dufty is 1cm taller than Billy Slater. Probably just needs to add a bit of meat to his bones and he'll be fine.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Dufty is taller than Slater, Barba, Bowen and is around the same height as Coote. He's not too small and once he gets a little more meat on him he'll be good to go. He's our long term fullback from what i've seen. Dugan needs to make the permanent switch to centre. While he is pretty devastating with his kick returns, he doesn't create the overlaps close to the line with his passing. He's a ball runner and he'll provide that in spades from right centre.
Fullbacks are changing and all the good sides have ball playing fullbacks... Barba, Munster, Slater, Tedesco, Coote, Moylan, Boyd etc. Dufty will give us this. Not to mention the fact that he's a pretty phenomenal kick-returner as well.

Dragsters

First Grade
I am sure you guys have seen Duffty play. I have and he is small. Smaller than Quinlan. I watched him play NSW Cup. Being small doesn't mean he can't 'make it', but he is not tall which a fullback needs to be. I would give him another off season training in the top squad

So he can get taller???

Last edited:

hermidale1

Juniors
If Mary makes all these changes for the last 4 games which everyone wants, will people turn up to the games and support the young ones playing or will they all stay home and watch on tv?
I mean everyone is insisting on blooding the young kids, but would they support them?

St Tangles

Bench
If Mary makes all these changes for the last 4 games which everyone wants, will people turn up to the games and support the young ones playing or will they all stay home and watch on tv?
I mean everyone is insisting on blooding the young kids, but would they support them?

I will
Probably not the game at Parra

Gareth67

First Grade

Yes , because they will be wearing a Dragons Jersey .

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Long time reader first time posting, all I can is about bloody time, we should have been concentrating on our Juniors from the start of the season,

SBD82

Coach

Rd 1 2017
1. Dufty
2. Milne
3. Dugan
4. Aitken
5. Flo
6. Widdop
7. ???
8. Packer
10. Ah Mau
11. Thompson
12. Sims/Leilua
13. Frizell

14. JDB
15. Masoe
16. Host
17. Sims/Leilua
Friz played some time in the middle in origin, but he certainly didn't play 80mins at lock.

FlameThrower

Bench
Youth for the rest of the year and 2017.
Writing on the wall for Farrel and Creagh. I hope Marshall is let go as well. Rein has lost me , go for Segayaro, or even Damien Cook?
I know many on here don't like Hastings but I think he would be good for us...

Youth for the rest of the year and 2017.
Writing on the wall for Farrel and Creagh. I hope Marshall is let go as well. Rein has lost me , go for Segayaro, or even Damien Cook?
I know many on here don't like Hastings but I think he would be good for us...

Hastings has a very high opinion of himself.. Has been shopped to us.. But I think he is digging in.. And may end up a bit like Farah and the Tigers scenario.

Will be a stand out for the Wyong Roos for years to come.

Doubt we need another ego in the sheds...